Author Topic: Animations and Website Creating Questions  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Animations and Website Creating Questions
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:51:26 pm »
I'm still learning a lot about making websites and I love to work on them. I'm working on a website for this band in my church and I'm trying to make the website as sweet as possible. They want some animation (like Flash) on their Main Page and they want an Intro page that plays a long animation kind of showing what they're about and such. With work I have a very tight schedule and not a lot of time online (just moved and working full time) any ideas on good Free animation programs that I could create Flash? Or anything besides what I've got. (I used Windows Movie Maker, made a slideshow thing, uploaded it to Youtube) and it kinda sucks.

Also I might have other questions to put forth into the forum here if I get stumped on any other website questions. Thanks!

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
Re: Animations and Website Creating Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »
If you really have to make flash animations, I'd say... get Flash? ;P Otherwise, convince them it's a bad idea, both from a user perspective and also from what you can accomplish in a short period of time. If you're on a tight schedule and have no or little experience - you're not gonna do a very good job with it.

Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:19:59 pm »
Yeah they basically just want some pictures to fade in and out with their music in the background. And maybe have some text fade in and out as well. And for the main part of the site. Kind of have something like what MaSu has on their main page. But I'm not sure how to make things like that lol

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:52:48 pm »
Search for flash tutorials on youtube, you'll learn it in no time!

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 11:55:21 pm »
Yeah they basically just want some pictures to fade in and out with their music in the background. And maybe have some text fade in and out as well. And for the main part of the site. Kind of have something like what MaSu has on their main page. But I'm not sure how to make things like that lol

Not to be nasty, but you're setting the bar a bit high if you want to design it yourself from scratch, with no clue how to do it. There are plenty of decent templates you can modify out there, and that's the way I'd recommend. Otherwise, just check out good-looking sites and try to model theirs after them.

Resonably good-looking sites out there are, in my opinion:
www.machinaesupremacy.com  - This is a no-brainer. Robs did very well with it.
www.verbali.se - My own site, proof that even retards can have pretty websites
www.tobiasphoto.com - Local photographer who runs a very clean and simplistic site

Good start, says I.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?