Author Topic: Google+ Invites!  (Read 8916 times)

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
Re: Google+ Invites!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 07:58:30 pm »
I'm not in the beta, waiting for it to go public. ^^
But, I for one hope that they keep it at 18+. That'd help it not become Facebook.

Absolutely no offence to our younger posters. But to me there are a lot annoying memes, mindless groups and general suckage cluttering Facebook at this point.
A lot of that seem to originate from younger members.
Maybe it's just your friends.

Agreed, you have pretty good control over what you see on Facebook, and there is not many "random" friend invites, or at least i've never had this issue before. And there are many family or family friends who are -18 on facebook, limit it to people you know and you are fine.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 03:36:20 am »
I still don't see where to put someone in a relationship.

Google+ for the iPhone is pretty sad - it just crashes the moment you open the stream, profile, or pretty much anything on iOS5. Someone didn't use the latest SDK to compile or test!
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 12:02:36 pm »
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »
Has the band lost their G+profile? Google have been laying the smackdown on "fake" names and trying to view their profile from my Circles I get a message to "invite" them.

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 11:01:32 pm »
Yeah, going to the profile just gives me a "PAGE NOT FOUND" error. Come to think of it, why didn't they implement a page system like Facebook in the first place?

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 01:39:43 am »
The machinae-page was Roberts personal page renamed to machinae supremacy, and Google have been cracking down on erroneously named pages recently, even though they encourage nicknames in their description when you register.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 08:44:05 am »
It's turning into a fairly big issue, lots of people including myself(although I am yet to be "caught") use some form of pseudonym for online identity, I expect a lot of my friends don't even know my legal name because I only really use that for work/family. If G+ wants to be better than Facebook they need to sort this out.