Author Topic: Games You Are Looking Forward To  (Read 13771 times)

Offline Aeon

Re: Games You Are Looking Forward To
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2013, 02:01:10 am »
Link for MGS V PC version confirmation?
I... don't really have any link to back that up, just word of mouth.

I am still very excited, though, because I've never played any MGS game before due to not owning a console, but have been very interested in the series ever since Substance/Sons of Liberty. Apparently, the PC port of MGS 2 wasn't good, though. But I trust that either Revengeance or The Phantom Pain will be good enough for me to sink into it. At least from the technical perspective.

At this point, I don't even care about the overall tone of the story. I feel like I have so much to look forward to once I catch the bug and get to know the series a little bit better by playing one of these games myself. The series' story seems impenetrable and very convoluted from the outside. I tried reading the wiki, but the walls of text deterred me. I'm sure it gets much more comprehensible and interesting once you actually play the games.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Caranfin

Re: Games You Are Looking Forward To
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »
The story is a convoluted mess of insanity and retcons even when you're played the games, really. I've found the best way to enjoy it is to just go along for the ride and laugh at all the really goofy weird shit going on (and also Snake being a clueless goof all the time).

Try to get to play the originals. Do you have a friend who could loan you a PS3? Or, hell, if you've got a bit of extra cash, the things don't cost a whole lot these days and are likely to get even cheaper when the PS4 is released. MGS1 and the HD collection are really solid buys, even if I think 2 and some parts of 1 haven't aged very gracefully.

And yeah some people say the MGS2 PC port was ok, but my experience with it was straight up terrible. You only got to access controls and shit through the launcher, the controls listed buttons by what PS2 button they corresponded to instead of by function, and every time I closed the game while figuring out the mess of the controls I had to force quit the application since it failed to close properly. I quit after like half an hour, before I had the controls set up.