Author Topic: Little Freaks Project  (Read 23510 times)

Hadou

Re: Little Freaks Project
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 02:38:08 am »
Sorry to hear that Tom. I'm glad things are geting better, and I hope things continue to be. I find watching Toby Turner on youtube really helps me get back into being happy again when I'm down. It's probably not going to help, but give it a shot - he's just awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/tobyturner

Either way, it's good that stuff may be picking up soon on the music front - for me, it's gonna stop suddenly: I am going to start my A levels in two weeks. I have some stuff that I have uploaded, and I'll still try to get some done, I just can't promise anything.

Oh well...

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 03:36:59 am »
Now that my Vulture EP is up and it does have the two MaSu remixes on there, I feel the style of Vulture is where my remixes will fall under. So you can change it from Sleeping Awake to Vulture in the Little Freaks lineup...Speaking of that, working on 3rd remix as I type!

Offline fyaopo

• Where a lot of good happens
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 10:51:20 am »
Ooh... I might give this a try. There's plenty of electronic stuff here; I'm thinking something in that vein, with a bit more metal, a bit more orchestral and ambiance.

I might remix one or both of Killer Instinct and Dark City. Maybe Skin too. :D

I have asked my band's singer if she wanted to help me out on these projects, and she obliged. MaSu songs with primarily female vocals - I don't think that's been done before.

Hadou

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 03:37:23 pm »
Ooh... I might give this a try. There's plenty of electronic stuff here; I'm thinking something in that vein, with a bit more metal, a bit more orchestral and ambiance.

I might remix one or both of Killer Instinct and Dark City. Maybe Skin too. :D

I have asked my band's singer if she wanted to help me out on these projects, and she obliged. MaSu songs with primarily female vocals - I don't think that's been done before.

Cool!

I can't wait to hear Dark City with female vocals, especially with a more orchestral theme.

It would be awesome for new blood on this project, it's been a bit dusty lately, with barely anyone actually contributing anything. At the moment, we have I think 6 or 7 tracks currently up. With even just two of your tracks, that'll bring it up to a double-EP amount of songs, something that could easily be distributed online for free.
I suppose after your tracks are complete (if you do actually go ahead), we should decide on a tracklisting, and then make like a dedicated Bandcamp page for the little freaks. I vote that someone (maybe me or lucky, seeing as we made the idea) make a Bandcamp page, and then everyone who wants to contribute tracks sends the lossless songs to that person, who uploads them. Remember on Bandcamp that there are options for selecting the "Track Artist" that is separate to the overall artist page. Also, if you send me the PayPal email addresses, individual donations would go to the specific track artist, rather than to just 1 person. That way, if people want  to donate to a specific person, they have the option to do that.

If you guys suggest that I do all the bandcamp organisation, I can set it up so that this all works well :D

Offline fyaopo

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 12:30:12 am »
Knowing me, it might take a long time to get this done, but I will  ;).

I'll update on Soundcloud until it's finished, then I'll send it to you.

Hadou

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 01:03:34 am »
Cool.

I suppose I could make a page and sort it all out, and if someone wants to take over, I'd be happy to let them know the login shizzle.

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

• [Insert quote here, since mine doesn't fit]
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 06:19:42 am »
Skin+Female vocals=win

Offline fyaopo

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 10:14:10 am »
http://soundcloud.com/fyaopo/intro-to-skin-remix-machinae

Here we go. 30-ish seconds of audio for the intro, and still absolutely none of it is covered.

I'm not sure if I want to add guitar over this or not - it may end up sounding too much like the original.

Hadou

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2011, 06:07:47 pm »
Win! I made some comments, and I think it's good. I can't wait to hear the finished product from your band.

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2011, 07:16:32 pm »
Hey, if you guys need vocals, I can give it a shot. I'd like to think that I'm a good singer, but I'll leave that for you all to decide.

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2012, 01:08:20 am »
Hey, what happened to this thread? I was looking forward to hearing all the stuff you guys ended up making.

Hadou

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2012, 01:38:53 am »
Hey, what happened to this thread? I was looking forward to hearing all the stuff you guys ended up making.

Um, mine are all done. You can listen to them... somewhere. I don't even know.

I think it would probably be easiest if you guys all send me the files you want to put up, and then I upload them and get it all sorted. Tomorrow, I'll make a bandcamp page called something like littlefreaks.bandcamp.com and then I'll upload my tracks. When you guys send me your songs, I'll upload them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:45:39 am by Hadou »

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2012, 01:55:13 am »
Sounds good. You can download them from my bandcamp. I set all my albums back to free. Here are the links for each:

http://sleepingawake.bandcamp.com/track/i-die-ghost-remix
http://sleepingawake.bandcamp.com/track/youre-in-hell

Offline Ark

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2012, 05:34:59 pm »
Sounds good. You can download them from my bandcamp. I set all my albums back to free. Here are the links for each:

Nice tracks and i like the album pic  :D hey and you changed you forum pic how long did u have it for? I was lurking around MaSu forum for a while before i joined and you've had same pic. I like the new one and old one :P
Don't go with the croud go against it

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:08 pm »

Nice tracks and i like the album pic  :D hey and you changed you forum pic how long did u have it for? I was lurking around MaSu forum for a while before i joined and you've had same pic. I like the new one and old one :P

Ah thank you! Yes it was very hard to pick a new forum avatar but I've been lurking on DeviantArt and found this awesome animated gif of the main character from Persona 4 and I had to see if it would work here and it did! :D the last picture was the main logo from Shin Megami Tensei game franchise have you played them?