Author Topic: Little Freaks Project  (Read 18133 times)

Hadou

Re: Little Freaks Project
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 04:56:10 pm »
So I finally pulled something together so I could have a second song! Right now I think it's kinda short. I'm thinking of adding a bit more to make it at least 3:30 - 3:40 to make it seem complete. Let me know what you think! It's along the same style as I Die

http://soundcloud.com/sleepingawake/youre-in-hell

I love it much more than I Die, and I loved the way that gave me shivers. The samples work much better in this track than I Die, too. Awesome.

In other news, I figured I'd finally throw something together for album, and if people like it, I may take it further, or assign it to someone with better graphic art skills than moi.
It's pretty much all interchangable, the background, the window view, the font, the text, it was just a framework for improvements. Tell me what you think, and I might be able to improve my (lousy) photoshop skills in the process.

Here's some blurb:
1. The dark background texture is stolen directly from the new band website. If someone could direct me to a less plagiarised style of texture, that would be lovely, or even instructions to make my own, that would be awesome.
2. The "window" view, the Northern Lights is a picture taken in Lulea, Sweden, where the band are from. Again, it's not mine, and some other Lulea themed photos that I can have for free legally would be awesome. For those who like imagery, how about this: The Northern Lights are freaky - they are a phenomenon. Little Freaks? Freaky lights? Um...
3. Fonts I salvaged after a few quick Google searches. Even if they are not when people want for the cover, I'm glad I found them, because I like them :P
4. I might make a back cover for the project, including a tracklisting, if you guys give thumbs up for the front cover.

Finally, as I said, all the artwork, fonts etc. are interchangeable, so if you want some of you drawings or whatever on here, I'm sure if people agree to it, it can be arranged... :D

EDIT: I forgot to stick a "Volume 1" subtitle in there. It should probably replace the "AD, SA, TM & More" subtitle I had there as a placeholder. Also, if we do make a Volume 2, then the main design of the cover could remain the same, with different images in the window?

EDIT 2: Continuing with my "I MUST IMPROVE" streak on Photoshop, I got a load of brushes and tips on how to make some textures, and keeping that in mind, I made a few things:
1: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?fqjwnk4dk61d59v
2: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?bcsgl5axz13jya8 <-- Darker version of 1, more suited for a background.
3: http://www.mediafire.com/?e7hn2f7blyksuyq
The third is currently my wallpaper :P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:38:50 pm by Hadou »

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 07:17:49 pm »
Thanks for the input! I am actually liking this one a lot better than I Die (still like I Die though lol) but I feel like I've got the timing on this better. I'm thinking of extending it. To maybe around 3:30 making it seem fuller. To me it ends a little quickly.

The album cover I like it a lot! Esp. with having the Trinity Symbol having different images behind it every album. I think that would be sweet. As far as your texture edits. I like the first one the best. The brighter green texture. Badass! If you cut the Trinity symbol out of that I'd say that would work perfectly.

I agree with having just Volume 1 there instead of our names. Because I think we can upload the tracks and ID Tag each individual artist. And a random idea I had. Could you make one where there is no image in the background of the Trinity? So when someone downloads it they can put any image behind it? The idea I'm thinking is, have a cool texture, the Trinity symbol, and a picture that we all want as the background. Then give the listener one with transparency so they can put their own image (if they want to) making each Volume cover customizable xD

Hadou

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 07:32:27 pm »
Thanks for the input! I am actually liking this one a lot better than I Die (still like I Die though lol) but I feel like I've got the timing on this better. I'm thinking of extending it. To maybe around 3:30 making it seem fuller. To me it ends a little quickly.

The album cover I like it a lot! Esp. with having the Trinity Symbol having different images behind it every album. I think that would be sweet. As far as your texture edits. I like the first one the best. The brighter green texture. Badass! If you cut the Trinity symbol out of that I'd say that would work perfectly.

I agree with having just Volume 1 there instead of our names. Because I think we can upload the tracks and ID Tag each individual artist. And a random idea I had. Could you make one where there is no image in the background of the Trinity? So when someone downloads it they can put any image behind it? The idea I'm thinking is, have a cool texture, the Trinity symbol, and a picture that we all want as the background. Then give the listener one with transparency so they can put their own image (if they want to) making each Volume cover customizable xD

Yes, yes, yes and yes. And yes. And some more yes. Customisable volume covers? OMG Yes.
I'm currently uploading a revised Vol 1 cover. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Here it is.

Whichever version we go for, a customisable cover is very easy to do, all I have to do is remove the window image, and export it with transparency. Tell me what you think about V2.

EDIT 2: After looking at it with JPG compression (which is what, tbh, most people would have it with), Volume 1 is barely readable. I'm working on changing the font.
EDIT 3: What do you guys think of this: http://www.dafont.com/dink.font?text=Volume+1
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:49:06 pm by Hadou »

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 07:49:30 pm »
Dude I think it looks freaking epic! I'm down for that. Hopefully the other artists in here will put there opinions in, but I approve!  ;)

I can see the font good, but I get what you're saying and that's understandable. I'm sure there's still a badass free font out there.

Definitely get one with transparency. I think we should still have a static image back there, I'm digging the Northern Lights. And then having a link for them to get the transparent one. Customizable album covers just popped in to my head, because you know some people on the forum would have fun with that and for later Volumes we could have a contest and a poll for what becomes the "static" image on Volume 2 or 3  ;D

Hadou

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 08:03:36 pm »
Dude I think it looks freaking epic! I'm down for that. Hopefully the other artists in here will put there opinions in, but I approve!  ;)

I can see the font good, but I get what you're saying and that's understandable. I'm sure there's still a badass free font out there.

Definitely get one with transparency. I think we should still have a static image back there, I'm digging the Northern Lights. And then having a link for them to get the transparent one. Customizable album covers just popped in to my head, because you know some people on the forum would have fun with that and for later Volumes we could have a contest and a poll for what becomes the "static" image on Volume 2 or 3  ;D

Win.
In terms of transparency, it all worked OK until I uploaded it to Mediafire. It (seemed to) export correctly, but upon uploading, it turned out like this:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=cyzhczw1x56arhh&thumb=4 :(
Despite this, I'm sure there is an easy workaround to this.
That also show the new font I chose for the the "Volume 1" subtext. I love the idea for a contest for a future volume, but what I'm more concerned about is the lack of tracks confirmed.
I have 3, you have 2, Tom has 1, but who else is making a track? I'm very confused.
I wish I could collate everything that people have made, and just have it in a folder on my desktop, so I can keep organised and keep my OCD tendencies at bay.
Questions to discuss:
1. How many people are contributing?
2. How many have made track(s) so far?
3. When are people planning to get their tracks finished?
4. Can I please have everyone's tracks in FLACs please?

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 08:22:11 pm »
Well let's see. From what I can gather:

Artists / Number of Songs:
  • Alex Dickey / 3
  • Sleeping Awake / 2
  • Tom Mauritzon / 1

That's all I can really find. I thought easyname had something, but I don't think so now. I think though that easyname and Jack Lupino (yes I called upon the holy Moderator lol) could make some killer tracks. As well as digital0verl0rd (miss you buddy!)

You can has all of mine in FLAC. And I'm going to have You're In Hell and I Die finished up by middle of next week. I'm moving to another state to be with my fiance by August 6th so I have a lot to prepare. But during the night I will be an editing fiend! Just tweaking and perfecting my two tracks.

EDIT: Even though I'm still learning and it seems You're In Hell turned out even better than I Die. I will try to make a 3rd track! And dang about the transparency thing, try saving it as a PNG. That's why I have to do to make the transparency stay when I do things.

EDIT 2: *FACEPALM* it is in PNG...lol my bad
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:27:54 pm by LuckysRevenge »

Hadou

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 11:44:25 pm »
Well let's see. From what I can gather:

Artists / Number of Songs:
  • Alex Dickey / 3
  • Sleeping Awake / 2
  • Tom Mauritzon / 1

That's all I can really find. I thought easyname had something, but I don't think so now. I think though that easyname and Jack Lupino (yes I called upon the holy Moderator lol) could make some killer tracks. As well as digital0verl0rd (miss you buddy!)

You can has all of mine in FLAC. And I'm going to have You're In Hell and I Die finished up by middle of next week. I'm moving to another state to be with my fiance by August 6th so I have a lot to prepare. But during the night I will be an editing fiend! Just tweaking and perfecting my two tracks.

EDIT: Even though I'm still learning and it seems You're In Hell turned out even better than I Die. I will try to make a 3rd track! And dang about the transparency thing, try saving it as a PNG. That's why I have to do to make the transparency stay when I do things.

EDIT 2: *FACEPALM* it is in PNG...lol my bad

6 Tracks is not much. We need some more people, and then start working on deciding a tracklist.
Cool about your moving situation, I hope it is smooth and you enjoy your new state.
Can't wait to hear your two tracks finished.
Transparency: I'm it will not be too difficult to fix the transparency issue, but I will work on fixing that bridge when I come to it. I don't feel the cover is finished yet.
Finally: Yes, it is a .PNG, but I'm not sure the alpha channels were rendered properly. I will look into it, don't worry about it.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 11:59:20 pm »
Awesome! Yeah when I made the comment i saw it was .png after and was like doh! I agree. 6 tracks is like an EP. We need twice that if not more. Ima try and experiment more with some more dubstep mixed with MaSu samples.

Hadou

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 12:16:57 am »
Awesome! Yeah when I made the comment i saw it was .png after and was like doh! I agree. 6 tracks is like an EP. We need twice that if not more. Ima try and experiment more with some more dubstep mixed with MaSu samples.

At the moment, we have ~22 minutes of tribute. That isn't much, considering we are waiting on only easyname and Jack Lupino? Fuck me. Nice work dude. Maybe we can have a community colab at the end of the album or something? All of us contribute to a single track? Maybe, choose a key signature, all jam and send a few audio tracks to one person who can mix it and produce an immense track at the end of it? What do you guys think?

EDIT: http://hadou-wave-of-rising.deviantart.com/ Fuck mediafire, it keeps screwing up my uploads. Instead I will be using my dusty deviantART account to upload my photoshop attempts, aswell as the album cover updates. Stay tuned :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:19:33 am by Hadou »

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 02:22:15 am »
No Jack and easyname havent said they would collab i was just throwing their names out because they have some wicked tunes and if they read all of this then maybe they might hop on board :P And the idea of all of us combining our musical powers to create and epic long track im down. Whatever the title of that track is we should put -ology at the end of it lol

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 03:23:08 am »
Hey, how about I do a violent drumstep interpretation of Empire?! :D I'd love that.
If you think there should be more tracks.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:25 am »
DEFINITELY! Im sorry did i sound excited much? Empire + Dubstep = EXTREMEAWESOMENESS! We could use as many MaSu remix/tribute tracks as you want to make! Post it up when you get something down cant wait to hear it! ;)

EDIT: Dubstep/Drumstep, either or. I just saw I read it wrong, STILL I love it either or, do it up!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:27:29 pm by LuckysRevenge »

Hadou

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 12:13:51 pm »
The above is win.

Also, while trying (fruitlessly :P) to get sleep last night, I came up with the most awesome idea.
I won't spoil it yet, but all I will say is no one take Blind Dog Pride....

EDIT: For those that want to see some of my Little Freaks wallpapers, they can be found here and here

EDIT 2: I have more, they can be found here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:11:16 pm by Hadou »

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 01:15:11 am »
Ok first extended mix of You're In Hell. I hope it sounds good xD Let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/sleepingawake/youre-in-hell-2

EDIT: Also right after this I made up a wallpaper for myself, thought I'd share are see what you guys thought:
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h426/luckys_revenge/lf-wallpaper.png
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:36:15 am by LuckysRevenge »

Offline easyname

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 01:42:29 am »
I do want to have a go at this but I don't have too much time for music atm >:

Also not sure what song to do yet haha

Maybe something from EOTW