Author Topic: Little Freaks Project  (Read 17848 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Little Freaks Project
« on: June 29, 2011, 01:34:26 am »
In the User Releases Thread me, Hadou, and several other musicians started throwing the idea around of some MaSu remixes/covers/tributes. And now I think that's coming to fruition and so I'm moving this discussion from the User Release Collection to here: Little Freaks Project.

My band is Sleeping Awake. I'll be contributing to this MaSu Tribute Compilation. I, like Hadou (hope I can speak for him here) agree about the awesome line in the song Stand. A rebel force, an army, of little freaks So my initial idea was to call the compilation album something like Little Freaks Volume 1: A Tribute To Machinae Supremacy. That's just my suggestion and idea, you can put up yours and we might put them all in a poll to see what name the majority likes.

@Hadou: I always upload in FLAC, that's just me. But as long as it's FLAC or the other high formats, anyone that downloads can choose what format they want it converted to when they receive the album. So as long as we can all upload as high quality as possible then I don't see that it matters what format. But mine will be in FLAC ;)

The only song I have completed as of right now, is a remix of Ghost. And you can find it here to listen to:
http://soundcloud.com/sleepingawake/i-die-ghost-remix

So if you have songs you've made for this. Go ahead and post the links to the songs. Your suggestions for this compilation. Whether it be album art, album name, and anything else. Can't wait to get all this started!

Hadou

Re: Little Freaks Project
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:32:51 pm »
WOOT!

Okay. Here is everything I have done so far, available for download here.

Each track can also be found on my SoundCloud page, along with Work In Progress versions.

I have made 3 tracks for Little Freaks so far:
1. Kaori Nao
2. Walls Can't Keep Us In
3. The Ninja Report

Personally, I would say that if we are going to collate mine and everyone else's tracks, we should just use a simple format. Personally, I vote for 44.1khz, 24-bit FLAC with level 8 compression. 44.1khz is the lowest sample rate that Bandcamp will accept, and is CD quality. FLAC is a widely popular format and I know that Foobar 2000, a program for Windows, will convert most formats into this exact specification of FLAC. Level 8 compression I'm saying because it reduces the filesize slightly, making for easy uploads to services like Bandcamp.
Lucky, what you said about them all being converted still stands, but I suppose if people don't know what type of compression they need, they this spec is a guideline. I say that if you don't want to follow this guideline, you make the track of a higher quality. Heck, I'm pretty sure Bandcamp allows for uncompressed WAVs.

What I must add, is please don't delete your source files and your exports, because you may need them again :P

Also, Lucky, maybe you should have a list of all the people who we know are participating in this so we can keep tabs and get this thing rolling.

Finally, keep up the good work, I have already heard some people's work for this, and it sounds amazing. Keep up the good work, and please keep me posted, I love hearing these tracks.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:29:40 pm by Hadou »

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:48:58 pm »
Alrighty. Same version as before:
http://soundcloud.com/tommauritzon/ffn-wip-3

Currently recording some vocals. A mix of my own voice and computerized stuff. Still working it out.
I'm a bit short on time and motivation atm. But I aim to get it completed next week sometime.

I could give the album cover a shot if I may. I do some art stuff from time to time.
http://likfisk.deviantart.com/gallery/

Also, good work fellas. Keep it up. ^‿‿^

Hadou

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:58:39 pm »
I hope the vocal recording goes ok, I'm really looking forward to your FfN track.

I would also love it if you did some epicness for the cover art. I don't know about the rest of everyone, but I would love it. Maybe do a sketch of all of us sort of like this that you did.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 10:26:31 am »
Alrighty. Same version as before:
http://soundcloud.com/tommauritzon/ffn-wip-3

Currently recording some vocals. A mix of my own voice and computerized stuff. Still working it out.
I'm a bit short on time and motivation atm. But I aim to get it completed next week sometime.

I could give the album cover a shot if I may. I do some art stuff from time to time.
http://likfisk.deviantart.com/gallery/

Also, good work fellas. Keep it up. ^‿‿^

I agree with Hadou, the art is sick. I'm definitely 1+ for Tom to do some album art.

I'm trying to work on a new remix. I wish I could get some pure vocals so I didn't have to find stuff to match the background instruments (Rob or any other band members reading...is it possible to get vocal only tracks for us to do clean remixes with? If not of the new songs but the old site releases or DXM? If not that's cool, I just wanna know!) So here's to my attempt at making something without putting all the dubstepness into it xD

Hadou

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:15:14 pm »
Is anything being done at the moment? The MSUR thread has just sorta died. All my current commitments are completed, I've made 3 songs for the compilation, and I'll be willing to do more for it. I have also made a track that can be found on my soundcloud page. At the moment, I'm off so I have lots of time to do stuff.
What are we going to do about the coverart? I feel it should be something original and not just some rehash of images available on the internet. I'm learning the ropes of Photoshop but I am not particularly capable yet. I do have some stock MaSu logos from the Wayback machinae. I have a plain logo that can be used as an image mask, the glass logo of old, a rainbow effected logo etc.
If anyone needs these if they want to make a cover, I can upload them.

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:33:03 pm »
Music stuff is on hold for like at least two weeks I guess on my part. u____u'
I just got accepted for a uni summer course (sound design yay). A few weeks after it started though, so I really need to get that shit done first.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 04:55:28 pm »
I am still tinkering with some tracks. Nothing official yet but i should have at least 2 extra to my 1 in a couple weeks. I have had great feedback from my In The Shadows album i have been working on some tracks for Volume 2. Cover art i agree should be something original. Or even simple like a cool edited MaSu Trinity. I do like Tom M.'s art as well

Hadou

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 05:45:32 pm »
Music stuff is on hold for like at least two weeks I guess on my part. u____u'
I just got accepted for a uni summer course (sound design yay). A few weeks after it started though, so I really need to get that shit done first.

Awesome! Sound design is an awesome topic, and I am doing a similar thing (Music Technology) for my A Levels :D

I am still tinkering with some tracks. Nothing official yet but i should have at least 2 extra to my 1 in a couple weeks. I have had great feedback from my In The Shadows album i have been working on some tracks for Volume 2. Cover art i agree should be something original. Or even simple like a cool edited MaSu Trinity. I do like Tom M.'s art as well

Yeah, In The Shadows is great! I can't wait to hear a volume 2.
I also can't wait for your two new tracks? Yum yum yum yum.
I literally just learned how to do a basic masking technique with photoshop, so my plain trinity's will look great eh?

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:16 am »
That sounds sweet! Cant wait to see what you come up with using the logo. Those two tracks will be uploaded tomorrow. Ima post them in the User Release thread. As for my next MaSu remix venture Im looking at Persona xD i wonder why lol

Hadou

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 11:12:25 am »
That sounds sweet! Cant wait to see what you come up with using the logo. Those two tracks will be uploaded tomorrow. Ima post them in the User Release thread. As for my next MaSu remix venture Im looking at Persona xD i wonder why lol

Lol @ Persona. I don't really know what else to say other than "I can't wait for all the stuff that people are making" :P

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:16 am »
Some more polish on FFN. :)
Still ain't done though. Getting there.
http://soundcloud.com/tommauritzon/fighters-from-ninne-cover-wip

Offline easyname

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:46 pm »
Sounds pretty awesome so far (:

Hadou

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 01:29:03 pm »
Sounds pretty awesome so far (:

Yeah, I made my comments on the page.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 08:59:03 am »
So I finally pulled something together so I could have a second song! Right now I think it's kinda short. I'm thinking of adding a bit more to make it at least 3:30 - 3:40 to make it seem complete. Let me know what you think! It's along the same style as I Die

http://soundcloud.com/sleepingawake/youre-in-hell