Author Topic: The SlaughTour 2011  (Read 21434 times)

Offline machinaeFREAK

Re: The SlaughTour 2011
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »
Awesome. I might go to the Sneek concert since it's litterally 1.5 hours away. Idk about the other bands though. They seem too emo.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 03:25:15 pm »
thumbs up!

Offline Immanio_2

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 02:51:12 am »
How long stage time will you get on this tour?
That's the #1 question, I guess :P Looks like 3. billing again, but I uess we can hope...

Offline Helium

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 03:53:50 am »
So we can hope Dead by April don't release another album... with a 50 min headliner there should be a lot of time for the other bands

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 11:08:42 am »
These bands are a lot less-knows then Ensiferum and Children of Bodom are, so I'm expecting Machinae Supremacy to get a little more time. They also got a much larger catalogue of songs Dead By April, so let's hope!

Besides, is it just me of hasn't anybody EVER heard of these other bands?

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 11:17:11 am »
I've given both a try, and although I find Dead By April not really fantastic, it's still worth going to for a concert when MaSu is also there. And Marionette (??? wtf ever their name is) is too fucking generic, leaning too much on emo. NTY SIRS

But you're right Willem, MaSu will probably get much more gametime for this. You going there?
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Ziza

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 11:35:26 am »
Besides, is it just me of hasn't anybody EVER heard of these other bands?

I can't even remember them right now.

Offline Zephyris

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 02:43:38 pm »
Dead by April's song "Losing You" was a big hit in Sweden a while ago, after that I've pretty much not head of them.
Marionette, on the other hand, had I not heard of before I saw the poster.

Three swedish bands yet no gig in sweden? Blasphemy!

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 05:13:45 pm »
Dead by April's song "Losing You" was a big hit in Sweden a while ago, after that I've pretty much not head of them.
Marionette, on the other hand, had I not heard of before I saw the poster.

Three swedish bands yet no gig in sweden? Blasphemy!

It was already a blasphemy when MaSu had to team up with these two horrible bands.

MASU SHOULD BE FIRST AND BEST AND ONLY

Offline Member

• http://araki-member.uw.hu
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 10:14:54 pm »
Yeah, they look like Twilightcore. The only great thing on the entire poster is the MaSu logo.

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 10:39:05 pm »
I understand these bands arent great. I seriously see some potential in Dead by April one day. But these other two obscure bands only have 1 CD. Marionette barely has one i thinks. So they should all get a good set. The poster came from a Dead by April promotion thing thats why its all them up top. I bet all three get equally good long sets. And seriously id go to a show MaSu was playing at even if the other bands werent that good. This gives them more publicity. That means closer to bigger tours, longer sets, and that can lead to a U.S. tour! Which im dying for. They could be playing with a jazz band and a country music star or at a pop event and id still go. MaSu for life!

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 11:02:33 pm »
Dead by april sort of remind me of the concert in the intro to BrĂ¼tal legend. ;P
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Immanio_2

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 11:17:29 pm »
I understand these bands arent great. I seriously see some potential in Dead by April one day. But these other two obscure bands only have 1 CD. Marionette barely has one i thinks. So they should all get a good set. The poster came from a Dead by April promotion thing thats why its all them up top. I bet all three get equally good long sets. And seriously id go to a show MaSu was playing at even if the other bands werent that good. This gives them more publicity. That means closer to bigger tours, longer sets, and that can lead to a U.S. tour! Which im dying for. They could be playing with a jazz band and a country music star or at a pop event and id still go. MaSu for life!
Indeed. I know absolutely nothing about the 2 other bands, but as long as it gains MaSu out there showing off how awesome they are, it's great. Rome wasn't built in one day and all that :P And if it's correct that playing with other less well known bands gives MaSu more set time, all the better.

Offline Yorkshireman

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 01:53:38 am »
I'm at the Macnhester gig, see you there guys xD

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:12 am »
Nothing in Norway? For shame! I might have to consider a trip to Denmark...

26th and 27th are still unconfirmed dates, but supposed to be part of the tour. In our pre-brief it says "Norway/Sweden (unconfirmed)" for both dates.

So there still might be some Norway. We'll see.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?