Author Topic: Protomen  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Will

Protomen
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:45:16 am »
A band I stumbled across today (with a reference from Sanctum (fps tower defense game)). They're a rock band based on the megaman universe. I heard this song first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP2NePWJ2pQ and after a few listens got REALLY into it.

I've always loved the megaman stories and thought it was really cool hearing all these characters voices :D I've now spent the last 3 hours reading all the background information I could find. They seem to have created a dystopian world with a few parallels with some of the ideas MaSu have put around (albeit with pewpew lazor robots :P).

Basically an interesting band that if you were interested in megaman I would very much recommend! Another good song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkLvpt9Z3fA

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
Re: Protomen
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:14:57 pm »
http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,6803.msg238688

This is an awesome band! I really should order their music anytime soon... I love the 'western' feel their latest has.

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »
The Protomen are all well and good, but The Megas are better. </fanboy>

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:11:39 pm »
Aha, I see you beat me to it by well over a year :P  Glad to hear I'm not the only one, I can't get over how good they are! I'll have to have a listen to the megas, I did see them but haven't had chance to listen to much of their stuff yet (due to Protomen being on repeat :P). Any songs you'd recommend?

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:25:22 pm »
Aha, I see you beat me to it by well over a year :P  Glad to hear I'm not the only one, I can't get over how good they are! I'll have to have a listen to the megas, I did see them but haven't had chance to listen to much of their stuff yet (due to Protomen being on repeat :P). Any songs you'd recommend?

Most of the songs on Get Equipped. You know where to get it. :P

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 03:04:41 am »
Man, I kinda lost touch with this band after their first album (which rocked). Guess I got some catching up to do.

Offline Wheim

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:11:42 pm »
I've heard some songs for them, and I'm not really not that into them for some reason. But there's one song.. Light Up the Night, such an epic song!

Hadou

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »
I've heard some songs for them, and I'm not really not that into them for some reason. But there's one song.. Light Up the Night, such an epic song!

It's an awesome song I think. I got it for free on their website.

In other news, I felt the same way. However, I think if you get the liner notes (from the CD) which can also found on lyric websites, then you get a story, and an awesome one at that. Try it.