Author Topic: bored  (Read 2775 times)

Offline machinaeFREAK

bored
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »
im totally bored sitting at school and the guy i like hasnt showed up for 2 days at school

this is so fucking boring im not even motivated to type properly

post your most boring moments ever here etc.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
Re: bored
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:31:54 am »
About an hour and a half ago, I was getting bored of watching TV, so I decided I'd get online. My cable modem had other ideas. So I power-cycled that bitch like four times, to no avail. Then I called the support line and, after I input my phone home phone number, the automated system stated that they were currently experiencing service interruptions in my area. Okay, I guess I'm boned on Internet until tomorrow. Wrong. The recorded message went on to say that I could "expect service to be restored by 12:34 AM."  Really now? Not 12:30 or 12:35, but 12:34? Okay, whatever.

So I'm sitting here doing absolutely nothing for about an hour, and sure enough, the ping command I'd left running starts getting responses back at, when? 12:34. How the fuck can they predict this kind of shit? Are their technicians really that consistent in their work?
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:00:32 pm »
About an hour and a half ago, I was getting bored of watching TV, so I decided I'd get online. My cable modem had other ideas. So I power-cycled that bitch like four times, to no avail. Then I called the support line and, after I input my phone home phone number, the automated system stated that they were currently experiencing service interruptions in my area. Okay, I guess I'm boned on Internet until tomorrow. Wrong. The recorded message went on to say that I could "expect service to be restored by 12:34 AM."  Really now? Not 12:30 or 12:35, but 12:34? Okay, whatever.

So I'm sitting here doing absolutely nothing for about an hour, and sure enough, the ping command I'd left running starts getting responses back at, when? 12:34. How the fuck can they predict this kind of shit? Are their technicians really that consistent in their work?

Sounds like they planned it :P Like "Dude, I'm switching this thing off, to show the customers that we have teh power. But I'll switch it back on at 12:34."
(I don't really believe that, but it really sounds like it.)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:41:26 pm »
Probably a case of "Shit, we need to reboot this thing, and we know it takes exactly 22.2 minutes to restart".

Or a case of "we already got it working, but lets not activate it for the customers until an exact, specified, time so we'll seem more pro".
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 12:56:41 pm »
Moar
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 09:58:00 pm »
Again bored. Jets 'N' Guns a-cappella sing-along ftw

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:11 pm »
My name is Torp and my life is boring.

No, actually it isn't. Not generally. But, yeah, right now there's not much to do. Home at my parents for the summer, and there's not that much to do here. I really only have two or three friends left back here, at least within close-ish proximity, and one of these became a father and started in a new job last autumn, so he's pretty busy (there's also a group of people I know the next town over, less than half an hour away, but that's a bit too far for weekdays - I'll see if they won't be doing something fun this weekend). So currently, my life consists of a boring, pretty mindless job (it's physical work, though, so I actually get in some sort of shape), eating, sleeping, and killing time on the internet or my brothers Xbox, with short breaks from the boredom when skyping with my girlfriend. I'm looking forward to August, when me and my girl goes to Spain for two weeks, followed by getting back up to University...

So, I suggest you entertain me. Give me something interesting to read or watch!
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:00:25 pm »
HBO's Game of Thrones. Watch it.

Bonus challenge: try not to get spoiled on the plot.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 11:02:40 pm »
Jesus Christ: In the Name of the Gun:
http://www.jesuschriststory.com/2008/07/01/webcomic/

The title itself should be enough to know it's worth checking out.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:45:33 pm »
HBO's Game of Thrones. Watch it.

Bonus challenge: try not to get spoiled on the plot.

Way ahead of you there. Well, probably exactly as far as you, seeing as I do not have access to special channels that can give me the last episode of the season before it premiers. Not at all...

Evilcandybag: Thanks!
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic