Author Topic: Thor  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Anhedonia

• Now I know how Joan of Arc felt.
Thor
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:53:12 pm »
Not sure if this is the right section (or if there is another thread about it; I couldn't find one), but:

What did you think about the Thor-movie?
I liked it a lot. In general I think swedish papers and blogs have been way to harsh about it. They have failed to view it for what it is: A comic book coming to life, not a prestigious flick of the Black Swan and Kings Speech-kind.
"I'm of the school that believes that reality is extremely painful, and that one has got to constantly find ways to keep it from intruding on your life." (Woody Allen)

Offline megashroom┬░

• Things!
Re: Thor
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:20:39 pm »
Yeah I liked it too. Not really memorable for anything, but a good popcorn flick with some great production..
Though the 3D felt tacked on and was just blurry at places (for me atleast).

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 12:24:35 am »
Yeah I liked it too. Not really memorable for anything, but a good popcorn flick with some great production..

Haven't seen it yet, but commenting on the 3D part. I have to rant a bit about how I think 3D movies are just cheesy and just not worth the extra 6 bucks you put into your movie ticket. I've never really seen a 3D movie that made me go 'wow that was freaking amazing'. To me 3D is all a gimmick.

I do want to see this though. It looks decent enough. That and the Captain America movie seems promising.

Offline Anhedonia

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:58:25 pm »
I wear glasses, so 3D-glasses on top of that is always an uncomfortable experience. Not considering that: I thought the 3D-effects worked well this time around, at least when Thor et co was in Jotunheim and the camera swooped through the mountainesque landscape. The subtitles got blurry, though.

The suckiest 3D experience of my life was the Green Hornet-flick. Come to think of it, that movie was one of the suckiest experiences in my life overall.
"I'm of the school that believes that reality is extremely painful, and that one has got to constantly find ways to keep it from intruding on your life." (Woody Allen)

Offline Anhedonia

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:00:28 pm »

I do want to see this though. It looks decent enough. That and the Captain America movie seems promising.

And yeah, I hope the Captain America movie will be awesome. Since they could hold the cheesiness of Thor at a minimum, there's a lot of hope that they will succeed with the captain too. It's vain, I know, but I also hope that the amount of nationalism in it isn't pukifying ...

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 04:14:32 am »

Same here. I'm going to give Thor a watch when I can. Here's hoping they make the Avenger movie epic and not completely bastardize it lol. 3D is ok, I just don't want movies to start relying on it because that just becomes eye candy and when you don't have the money to buy a 3D TV...what's the point?
And yeah, I hope the Captain America movie will be awesome. Since they could hold the cheesiness of Thor at a minimum, there's a lot of hope that they will succeed with the captain too. It's vain, I know, but I also hope that the amount of nationalism in it isn't pukifying ...

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 04:17:41 am »
It's not out in America yet.

How often do you hear THAT instead of the other way around.. :P
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx ╬▓

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 07:43:12 pm »
It's not out in America yet.

How often do you hear THAT instead of the other way around.. :P

Quite often with Marvel movies. ;) Iron Man 2 was out one week earlier in Europe than the US.

Though I still don't get why.