Poll

Do you care?

Yes
A little
Not really
No
"I don't give a toss for those stupid fuckwits who are famous just for who they're marrying/who their daddy is"

Author Topic: The Royal Wedding  (Read 6724 times)

Hadou

The Royal Wedding
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:01 pm »
The royal wedding - do you care? It's happening right now, and being English, I thought I'd ask.

Offline Ziza

Re: The Royal Wedding
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 04:15:20 pm »
No.

I only pity the couple for absolute lack of privacy. I don't really see any point in making this a worldwide sensation.

On the other hand, sometimes it's good to hear this kind of news instead of everyday's murders, conflicts, disasters and political bullshit.

Hadou

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:25:09 pm »
No.

I only pity the couple for absolute lack of privacy. I don't really see any point in making this a worldwide sensation.

On the other hand, sometimes it's good to hear this kind of news instead of everyday's murders, conflicts, disasters and political bullshit.

I completely agree. I just wanted to ask because most of you guys are from mainland Europe (Sweden, Winland, Poland etc.) and I wanted to see if our media was in any way correct about it being a good thing for tourism and shiz. Everyone i've spoken to about the Royal Wedding has said its a pointless waste of moneys :P

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »
I think I couldn't care less.

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »
Well, it's a wedding of two people I don't know personally, so I don't really care. Though today I looked at photos (wanted to know how her dress looked like, I mean normal or extravagant wasted money) and I read a bit about how they met etc. But I will have forgotten about it next week.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:59:36 pm »
i just heard about it today because i was looking at a news website, i don't give two shits about it, and find this thread the worst thing since easycore

Hadou

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 07:38:27 pm »
i just heard about it today because i was looking at a news website, i don't give two shits about it, and find this thread the worst thing since easycore

Thanks man. I was just trying to see other opinions, but it seems everyone is of the same mind: It's a load of crap. At least I got a day off because of it :D

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
q
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 04:50:24 pm »
I do care. Personally I think it's total waste of money and time, sending it on hundreds of tv-channels all around the globe. Also I don't appreciate anybody just because he/she has happened to be born into certain family or got married to one. Thus I just wonder why anybody bothers to watch how two persons neither of whom has done absolutely nothing worth mentioning gets married... So this kind of news about nothing happening to me... Kind of like Tuksu's or Matti Nykänen's (finnish "celebrities", latter being ex-sport hero but still meh) weddings or some other stuff like that. I just don't understand reality-tv of that kind.

Oh yes : why do I care then if it means nothing to me? Because my wife watched it... And because that's one of her really rare harmless "faults" I happily let her do so without complains. But hearing it happening on background and seeing glimpses of that involuntarely made me bit annoyed... And that's why I did care about it :D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:53:55 pm by Gravehill »
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Hadou

Re: q
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 07:55:10 pm »
I do care. Personally I think it's total waste of money and time, sending it on hundreds of tv-channels all around the globe. Also I don't appreciate anybody just because he/she has happened to be born into certain family or got married to one. Thus I just wonder why anybody bothers to watch how two persons neither of whom has done absolutely nothing worth mentioning gets married... So this kind of news about nothing happening to me... Kind of like Tuksu's or Matti Nykänen's (finnish "celebrities", latter being ex-sport hero but still meh) weddings or some other stuff like that. I just don't understand reality-tv of that kind.

Oh yes : why do I care then if it means nothing to me? Because my wife watched it... And because that's one of her really rare harmless "faults" I happily let her do so without complains. But hearing it happening on background and seeing glimpses of that involuntarely made me bit annoyed... And that's why I did care about it :D

:D The only thing on TV at the moment is shit about their honeymoon. I had to pirate a show just to get something decent to watch :(

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Re: q
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 09:02:07 pm »
:D The only thing on TV at the moment is shit about their honeymoon. I had to pirate a show just to get something decent to watch :(
Yeah... or do amateur xxx-edition of their honey moon :P But probably even that would be boring ;D I read news that BBC had forbidden Australian television to show weddings with parody/humorous interpretation within... I mean, come on, once somebody tries to make some fun out of it they go and forbid it!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 10:03:30 pm »
Yeah... or do amateur xxx-edition of their honey moon :P But probably even that would be boring ;D I read news that BBC had forbidden Australian television to show weddings with parody/humorous interpretation within... I mean, come on, once somebody tries to make some fun out of it they go and forbid it!

Yeah, an Australian friend of mine linked me to that yesterday. DAMN that's stupid.

Offline Ziza

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 11:38:34 pm »
I read news that BBC had forbidden Australian television to show weddings with parody/humorous interpretation within... I mean, come on, once somebody tries to make some fun out of it they go and forbid it!

Yeah, an Australian friend of mine linked me to that yesterday. DAMN that's stupid.

Nah, nothing new. In Australia, everything is forbidden :=]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:40:22 pm by Ziza »

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 04:16:21 am »
If there was a "I don't give a toss for those stupid fuckwits who are famous just for who they're marrying/who their daddy is"  button I'd press it.

Must be the American in me.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:15 pm »
I think it's rather mind-blowing that about two billion people watched the shit live ('s what my newspaper said anyway).
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 07:47:20 pm »
I think it's kinda funny people all over the world call this "The Royal Wedding", with an emphesis on THE.

Like, if an other country had royalty, it would be the France Royal Wedding, or the Swedish Royal Wedding (do they have royatly?) or whatever. So now this British guy I had NEVER HEARD OF in my life gets married, and appearantly 2 billion poeple go watch 'THE' royal wedding. That's so strange.  :P

I wonder why so many people who don't care about the UK and don't know anything about it, get so hyped for this wedding. WHY?! It's so strange.  :o