Author Topic: Refunds for the UK tour  (Read 6479 times)

Offline UnmaskedShyguy

• Im Stormy, pleased to meet you !
Re: Refunds for the UK tour
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 01:50:21 am »
Just saw your profile, remember who you are haha, it was you guys that made the night epic !

Offline beenabadbunny

• Drummer for UK prog metal band Shoulder of Orion
    • Shoulder of Orion
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 04:21:11 pm »
it was wrong that in the Norwich gig, Machinae weren't even listed on the set times at all.

In fairness, I got this from the UEA website at 12pm on the day before the gig:

---

Stage Times (These are approximate and subject to change):

6.45-7.05 Machinae Supremacy

7.20-7.55 Ensiferum

8.15-9 Amon Amarth

9.20- 11 Children of Bodom

---

and was able to adjust my travel arrangements accordingly.

As it happened, MaSu went on at exactly 1845 (in fact they stuck rigidly to these times all night).

It's a massive shame if anyone missed MaSu in Norwich but I don't think it's the venue's fault.

Edited to add: just dug out my confirmation email from the ticket vendor (Aloud/Viagogo):

---

Event:    Children of Bodom
Tickets:    Section General Admission, Row FLOOR, (4 Ticket(s))
Venue:    Norwich UEA
Date:   1 April 2011, 19:00

---

so if I had gone with those details and not checked on UEA's site, I would have missed MaSu.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:29:14 pm by beenabadbunny »

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 03:27:41 pm »
Thing is though, you independently went on the UEA website yourself before the gig. Lots of people would just trust the time on the tickets. It's still a serious issue that needs to be sorted.

I still haven't heard back from Ticketmaster, they keep ringing me each morning to tell me they're "still looking into it" and I told them just to ring me when they can get me a damn refund.

Offline GhostNinja

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 08:38:17 pm »
I still haven't managed to talk to Aaron about it, I don't even remember who we bought them from in the first place, to be honest. I certainly would've flipped my shit if I travelled over 200 miles to see them and missed them anyway.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 03:31:45 am »
I have had a rather soul destroying week moving home, I think I'm gunna cut my losses and not try and pursue a refund at this point. Even though I missed most of the set I had an awesome time - well worth the money.
DRAMA

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 12:27:15 pm »
Hey fellow Manchester giggers, just got this back from Ticketline:

Thank you for your email. I’m sorry to hear you missed some of the event. Having looked into this further I can see that originally the door times were supposed to be 7.30pm however this was changed shortly after going on sale. By the time you purchased the tickets, the door time listed was corrected. Unfortunately however it seems that the times on the tickets from the organiser were not updated although your confirmation email stated correctly that the doors were opening at 6.30pm. As a goodwill gesture, we have issued a refund of one of the tickets including booking fee today.

Wasn't expecting anything back from them, so pretty pleased. The gig was still totally worth what I paid for it though :)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 01:12:38 pm »
Awesome. I can use this against Ticketmaster if they argue. :)

EDIT: They haven't actually phoned me back yet either.. slow shits.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 11:31:51 pm »
Still nothing back from Ticketmaster. Really fucking disappointed, they must think that I will just forget about this if they don't phone me..

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »
Just another update, still no refund. Just phoned up again today (note: spoke to "Dwayne [767]") and he said he would chase it up further. I told him I would not take no for an answer.

Offline alexnessie

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 09:37:04 am »
Due to O2 ABC Glasgow cocking up at the doors, I missed MaSu entirely. Massive massive props to the band though for supporting me as I attempt to get a refund, and as of yet, AMG (who own and operate the O2 ABC + Academy) will not correspond with me. I am currently trying to get in contact with the CEO as well.

I will post up here a copy of the complaint I have written, along with the website it's hosted on, I urge to all to please either add your stories as a comment on the website, or PM me your story and I will post it up for you. I met Johan and Gerdin during the gig (and Rob afterwards) and I have to say that hanging out for over an hour with my heroes, and I mean my heroes, and definate lifetime friends after getting on with them so well, was an honour and I can't wait to see them again, oh and Johan, I'm going to kick your ass on the Gottland Ring dude!  :D

Here is a copy of my complaint, which is also hosted over at http://amgo2complaint.blogspot.com/

On the 3rd April 2011, I attended a concert held at the O2 ABC Glasgow venue.

The acts playing that night were Machinae Supremacy, Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, and Children of Bodom.

I had been invited down by Machinae Supremacy to see them as a long term fan, and with zero interest in the other bands playing, I decided that it was still worth the 4 hour trip to Glasgow from Inverness to see them. At this point my girlfriend and I spent all the money we had on fuel, tickets, and last minute accommodation, for the only chance we will probably get to see Machinae Supremacy. I personally have waited since 2002 for them to play in the UK.

Upon arriving on time at the O2 ABC Glasgow, We were then told that as box office customers, we had to wait in the other, much longer, slower moving queue for our tickets.

The door staff opened the doors five minutes late (confirmed by the band, denied by the staff), meaning that 1600 people had to collect their tickets and get inside with five minutes till Machinae Supremacy came on stage.

As we picked up our tickets and got into the venue, we saw how small the crowd was, and realised just how many people never made it in to see them play. We were shocked and disappointed to see the stage crew removing the Machinae Supremacy banner, and were then told that they had already played.

As a customer that had spent nearly 300 pounds to attend, I was outraged that the venue could do this to me and hundred of other paying customers who only went to see Machinae Supremacy, and my girlfriend and I decided to contact the venue management.

After going through 2 staff members, I managed to get a short meeting with a man called “Chris”, who refused to provide his last name, would not issue a refund, and was rude and obnoxious throughout the entire conversation, telling us it was our fault for not being at the front of the queue.

Upon returning home to Inverness, I got in contact with the O2 ABC Glasgow, and AMG, the owners and operators of the venue. The first response I received was from “Andy Mackenzie” at O2 ABC Glasgow, who proceeded to say that the doors opened early (untrue), that 500 people were inside when Machinae Supremacy came on stage (untrue, confirmed by the band), and that it was my fault for not arriving on time (also untrue, I arrived long before the stated door opening time of 6:30pm).

The O2 ABC Glasgow and AMG have zero interest in the customer, and as of this being released, deny that this is their fault, and have stated that I will not be receiving a refund. As someone who had spent a considerable amount of money to attend the venue, I will never buy tickets to an AMG ran venue again, and would recommend to everybody else never to do so either.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 09:07:38 pm »
That really sucks, man. I'm sorry to hear about your shit experience.. I'm STILL trying to get Ticketmaster to give me a bloody refund. Stubborn bastards still haven't phoned me back..

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 10:27:33 pm »
Apparently Ticketmaster have now passed my complaint on to Live Nation, and they are now looking into it. Funnily enough, I used to work for Ticketmaster, so I know for a fact that Live Nation and Ticketmaster are one and the same. They had a merger in 2010 apparently.

So now Ticketmaster are passing a complaint on to themselves. Hooray.

I'll never see this money.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:55 pm »
start making noise about a lawsuit.. that's what I'd do.. but I'm a bastard that way.

American, what can I say?
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β