Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 6014 times)

Hadou

Portal 2
« on: April 19, 2011, 12:10:23 pm »
So ugh... PORTAL 2!

My copy doesn't arrive until the 23rd, so no spoilers please :D

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Portal 2
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »
SPOILER : It's gonna have portals

Hadou

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:14:16 pm »
SPOILER : It's gonna have portals

OMG!

Also, if you don't wanna get spoiled for real, don't watch the IGN Video Review. That's all I'm going to say. I did, and I regret it.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:28:29 am »
Got my Steam pre-purchase decrypted today, finished singleplayer a couple of hours ago. I had a lot of fun, and will be digging through the levels to find any secrets I missed.

Anyone interested in playing co-op? I've got a working microphone and speak English intelligibly (I hope). (Also Finnish)

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 02:59:23 am »
Got my Steam pre-purchase decrypted today, finished singleplayer a couple of hours ago. I had a lot of fun, and will be digging through the levels to find any secrets I missed.

Anyone interested in playing co-op? I've got a working microphone and speak English intelligibly (I hope). (Also Finnish)

Finished it already?! So far I hear the game looks nice, is pretty funny etc. but is it REALLY worth the $50 pricetag? and they have on day one, DLC purchasable items to customize your robot guy....it seems like Valve is changing direction and wants to try really hard to burn away any cash its playerbase is willing to throw at it.

Offline easyname

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:05:51 am »
I've finished it too haha

i really enjoyed it, and i'll probably be trying the co-op soon

and about the dlc- it doesnt actually affect the gameplay so really i dont find it to be a problem

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:06:55 am »
Singleplayer took me about six hours, so it's definitely a lot longer than the first one. I'd say the game is well worth the pricetag as long as the co-op is long enough and maintains the excellent quality of damn near everything in singleplayer.

The DLC thing is a bit lame, but I don't really care as it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way. I only hope the inclusion of an in-game minitransaction store means they will keep supporting the game after launch with extra test chambers and generally more stuff to play.

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 03:49:52 am »
Just got it on Steam from a buddy.
Guess doing this having friends thing finally paid off. ;)

Hadou

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 12:00:07 pm »

I'll do some co-op when my copy arrives on Saturday (hopefully). I have a microphone and speak english, because I'm from England.

Chronologix, just said it was $50? For the PC, on amazon, it is much cheaper. It is $5 cheaper.

Actually, I just checked the sites, the US version, you save 10%, on the UK version of amazon, you save 29%!

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 12:49:23 pm »
I can't play on Saturday, unfortunately, as we're having a LAN at a friend's place from Friday to Sunday. Sunday evening or any weekday next week should work, unless my girlfriend decides to come over and play the game herself or something. You're better off finishing the singleplayer first anyway; I've heard the co-op campaign might spoil some bits in sp.

Hadou

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 02:57:52 pm »
I can't play on Saturday, unfortunately, as we're having a LAN at a friend's place from Friday to Sunday. Sunday evening or any weekday next week should work, unless my girlfriend decides to come over and play the game herself or something. You're better off finishing the singleplayer first anyway; I've heard the co-op campaign might spoil some bits in sp.

Don't worry, it's already been spoiled for me. Thanks IGN.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:15 pm »
Fuck.  :( That's the reason why I rarely read very much about games I'm anticipating. Many of the big game sites are very bad with spoilers.

Still, several people have said they found the ending amazing even with being spoiled. It is awesome.

Hadou

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:10:39 pm »
Fuck.  :( That's the reason why I rarely read very much about games I'm anticipating. Many of the big game sites are very bad with spoilers.

Still, several people have said they found the ending amazing even with being spoiled. It is awesome.

OK, that's cool. Yeah, I wasn't going to go googling it or anything, but I figured a video review from IGN would not spoil the plot. Jeez, americans can be such arseholes. Plus we have to wait for the release. Its not even out in my country yet, let alone waiting for it to be delivered.

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 12:52:15 am »
Just completed the thing.
I think Notch sums it up pretty well.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 02:06:20 am »
I spent minutes trying to look for the "Read More"-link on that page. I feel retarded now.