Author Topic: Bands You Are Listening to Right NOW  (Read 23192 times)

Hadou

Re: Bands You Are Listening to Right NOW
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 09:51:26 am »
Kinda stole Palantyre's listing style lol, I though it looked cool ;)

I think I will too :P
Evanescence - I got Bring Me To Life stuck in my head so...
Foo Fighters - New album came out earlier this month
Jonathan Coulton - Recently discovered his music, so slowly getting through listening to his back catalogue
Skrillex - Saw there was a new EP out, did a curious download and I like the vocal samples and shit. Quite catchy.

And that's about it at the moment.

Offline Palantyre

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 01:02:13 pm »
Lawl, I can has influence!  8)  I usually do such lists in that style just for clarity's sake, pretty much.

Anyways, came back because I forgot something....

Professor Elemental: A rapper, characterizing as a goofy Imperial British gentleman and mad steampunk scientist. His album The Indifference Engine is HEEE-LARIOUS. Seriously, no matter what kind of music you're usually into, give it a go. I'm a sworn, red-blooded metalhead and I fucking love it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:04:13 pm by Palantyre »

Hadou

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 01:15:56 pm »
Lawl, I can has influence!  8)  I usually do such lists in that style just for clarity's sake, pretty much.

Professor Elemental: A rapper, characterizing as a goofy Imperial British gentleman and mad steampunk scientist. His album The Indifference Engine is HEEE-LARIOUS. Seriously, no matter what kind of music you're usually into, give it a go. I'm a sworn, red-blooded metalhead and I fucking love it.

Listened to Splendid. WTF? :D

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 12:32:40 am »

Once I have the better internet I will definitely give this a listen! That's why I created this thread to find new music by getting into other peoples listening collections xD

Kinda stole Palantyre's listing style lol, I though it looked cool ;)

I think I will too :P
Evanescence - I got Bring Me To Life stuck in my head so...
Foo Fighters - New album came out earlier this month
Jonathan Coulton - Recently discovered his music, so slowly getting through listening to his back catalogue
Skrillex - Saw there was a new EP out, did a curious download and I like the vocal samples and shit. Quite catchy.

And that's about it at the moment.

The new Skrillex that's out is actually a leaked version of his full album he's working on. When he was in a hotel in Italy he got his laptop and both hard drives stolen out of his room. Next thing you know half of what he was working on was on the net. Sad really, so whatever you have unfortunately is unfinished work :/ but Skrillex is freaking awesome though! But he's now in the redo process.

Hadou

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 09:49:51 am »
The new Skrillex that's out is actually a leaked version of his full album he's working on. When he was in a hotel in Italy he got his laptop and both hard drives stolen out of his room. Next thing you know half of what he was working on was on the net. Sad really, so whatever you have unfortunately is unfinished work :/ but Skrillex is freaking awesome though! But he's now in the redo process.

I did not know that. That's actually pretty sad that people would do that.

The thing I downloaded is on his myspace page. Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - isn't that official?

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 04:12:45 am »

I did not know that. That's actually pretty sad that people would do that.

The thing I downloaded is on his myspace page. Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - isn't that official?

Oh yes :) that is official. I thought you were talking about the new one. My friends were all talking about the new Skrillex EP that hit the net and after further investigation and going on Skrillex's Facebook I found out that someone had stolen his stuff and put a half-finished album up on the net for grabs, it is quite sad :(

But what you have is the official free EP :D My favorite song on that is Scatta I love playing that at stoplights people just go WTF?

Offline Anhedonia

• Now I know how Joan of Arc felt.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 02:41:38 pm »
Yesterday I discovered Skraeckoedlan. They are about to release their debut album.
Epic name - epic a to the wesomeness!

Here's their myspace (swedish lyrics only):

http://www.myspace.com/skraeckoedlan

(the only song that doesn't seem to be just a snippet is Äppelträdet)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:43:09 pm by felloutofbedtwice »
"I'm of the school that believes that reality is extremely painful, and that one has got to constantly find ways to keep it from intruding on your life." (Woody Allen)

Hadou

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 05:42:06 pm »
Yesterday I discovered Skraeckoedlan. They are about to release their debut album.

Argh, compression! Seriously, I can't listen to that crap quality music without my ears hurting. I got 5 seconds into Äppelträdet and had to stop. The 5 seconds I heard though were nice :D

EDIT: I thought I'd never say this, but YouTube has better quality: http://www.youtube.com/user/Skraeckoedlan
For audiophiles like me, this is slightly better :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:44:25 pm by Hadou »

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »
As of right now, myself! Hahaha, listening to a lot of my own mixes but I also just stumbled back upon the band Project 86 and I forgot how good they were!

Spy Hunter by Project 86
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TG5qz1EnH8

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 11:42:43 pm »
Right now I'm listening to the soundtrack to the American Idiot Broadway show.

and playing a lot of Gutar Hero: world tour.

(working on the drums)
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Anhedonia

• Now I know how Joan of Arc felt.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 04:55:29 pm »

Argh, compression! Seriously, I can't listen to that crap quality music without my ears hurting. I got 5 seconds into Äppelträdet and had to stop. The 5 seconds I heard though were nice :D

EDIT: I thought I'd never say this, but YouTube has better quality: http://www.youtube.com/user/Skraeckoedlan

;D
Hehe, guess any audio connoisseurs won't be buying the album then. I usually only react when the sound is really, really crappy – your earforce seem to be a lot more perceptive than mine.

Weird that they'd use awful compression when letting the world face their music for the first time. Guess it's a common trick to make people buy the record. Or wait for a flac upload on tpb ;)
"I'm of the school that believes that reality is extremely painful, and that one has got to constantly find ways to keep it from intruding on your life." (Woody Allen)

Hadou

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 06:58:01 pm »

;D
Hehe, guess any audio connoisseurs won't be buying the album then. I usually only react when the sound is really, really crappy – your earforce seem to be a lot more perceptive than mine.

Weird that they'd use awful compression when letting the world face their music for the first time. Guess it's a common trick to make people buy the record. Or wait for a flac upload on tpb ;)

Yes, my "earforce" is better than most, my uncle is a sound engineer (or something like that :P).
I don't think it's the bands fault. I mean, the quality is normal of a YouTube video, just terrible on the MySpace page. I'm sure it's just the compression from the MySpace thingys.
Either way, I'll see if I can get a copy of the new album when it is released.
One thing I didn't understand though, is that there was mention of an EP, but I can't find anything anywhere...

Offline jadewolf

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »
MaSu
Muse
In Flames

Hadou

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 12:07:49 am »
Fireal.
I have no idea why. It popped up on the interwebs, looked interesting so I downloaded it. I'm on track two RIGHT NOW. Is that RIGHT NOW enough for you? Eh? Is it?!

Offline Cestus

• rawr
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 06:58:57 am »
just discovered my Siddharta-CDs and started to feel the music again :) The Band is quite varid in their style. Although I haven't heard something from the last album the Petrolea and rh- worked out quite well :)
Mainstyle is.. Rock i guess. The Band plays all instruments live. Of course they have a keyboard with them, but when you hear a saxophon, harp or violin it is most likely one. When i saw them live in 2004 any Bandmember despite the drummer played at least 3 different Instruments.
Most of their songs are slowenian, but they released the rh- for the european marked in english too.

Pounding samples:
Siddharta - My Dice eng
Siddharta - THOR slo
Siddharta - Samo Edini eng ballad => original version in slo
Chaos! Panic! Desaster! (my work here is done ~ for pony)