Author Topic: Bands You Are Listening to Right NOW  (Read 21981 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Bands You Are Listening to Right NOW
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:23:34 am »
Of course I listen to MaSu a lot. Pretty much all the time. But there are other bands that come in and out of my headphones. Some tunes just hit the spot. As of now, what bands are rotating your headphones at the moment?

Mine are:

MaSu
Alkaline Trio
Infected Mushroom
Deftones
and Daft Punk

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
Re: Bands You Are Listening to Right NOW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:30:37 am »
Right now?
Bulldog Mansion (Korean Funk Rock)
MaSu
Freedom Call
And some Amiga scene modules.

So called "Happy songs" list :)

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 06:48:38 pm »
Right now?
Bulldog Mansion (Korean Funk Rock)
MaSu
Freedom Call
And some Amiga scene modules.

So called "Happy songs" list :)

Korean Funk Rock....I must check this out ;D

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:53:29 pm »

It might be difficult to find on the web, though I haven't been updating on my asian playlists for few years. Nevertheless if you want I can upload it somewhere :)

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 07:20:09 pm »

It might be difficult to find on the web, though I haven't been updating on my asian playlists for few years. Nevertheless if you want I can upload it somewhere :)

This is another reason I started this thread. Because everyone has top bands they listen to. But constantly we're always listening to other things. Sometimes random that people haven't even heard of before! So I hope this thread is a good way for others to find new music as well.

Definitely I found one of their albums: Funk. I'm waiting to get it, can't wait to hear this sound. The only other asian music I have is (and mainly Japanese I think): Mad Capsule Markets, Dir En Grey, and Boom Boom Satellites.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:33:40 pm »
I like this thread ^-^

Right now: The Flashbulb's "Soundtrack To A Vacant Life" because it's good music when you want to get some work done, as it's not too distracting.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Hadou

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 07:44:38 pm »

This is another reason I started this thread. Because everyone has top bands they listen to. But constantly we're always listening to other things. Sometimes random that people haven't even heard of before! So I hope this thread is a good way for others to find new music as well.

Definitely I found one of their albums: Funk. I'm waiting to get it, can't wait to hear this sound. The only other asian music I have is (and mainly Japanese I think): Mad Capsule Markets, Dir En Grey, and Boom Boom Satellites.

I am really enjoying listening to the Yoshida Brothers' best of compilation - it's traditional japanese music with the traditional instruments, played really well.
On the same sort of scale, crazy-fast flemenco-style guitar duo Rodrigo y Gabriela are pretty mind blowing, and even my mum likes them :P

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 11:42:05 pm »
I like this thread ^-^

Right now: The Flashbulb's "Soundtrack To A Vacant Life" because it's good music when you want to get some work done, as it's not too distracting.

I just started listening to this album since you put this up here and I have to say. Very good! I'm surprised how many tracks there are. They're short but it all flows very nicely :)

Offline Cestus

• rawr
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »
Listening to:
- Rock:
Shakra - HardRock as it should be. I like it very much. Shakra - Ashes to Ashes (live) unfortunatelly the best tracks (despite this one) aren't online as streams...

- Soundtracks:
2 Steps from hell -- Heart of Courage So full of epicness

- Elektro
Headhunterz -- Forever az one not just plain jump/hardstyle but a very colourful song with different schemes of elektronic music. The Voice / Story / Telling of each song from Headhunterz just amazes me. And to be honest - there are no concerts, that are as impressive like Qlimax or Defqon.1 *start at 1:30*

these 3 are the ones i like the most in the genre but not the only thing i listen to but those i think i should mention before the others
Chaos! Panic! Desaster! (my work here is done ~ for pony)

Hadou

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 12:47:45 am »
Right now, I'm listening to Jeff Buckley's Live At Sin-é. It's pretty good, if you are into that sort of music, where here, isn't everyone :P

EDIT: You got me downloading some Shakra now. Thanks :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:51:00 am by Hadou »

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 01:39:40 am »

Yes, Funk is the only album of theirs I have and I really like it :). If you ever watched There She Is animation series you will recognize the "Happy Birthday to Me" song (was used in There She Is step 2). Should you happen any other of their albums I'd love to put my hands on it too!

Also, if you like this kind of music I can recommend you Witches, another Korean rock music. One of their songs (Ddota K.y... Ddota!! Kunyo!!) was used in There She Is step 1 :).

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 11:41:24 am »
MaSu
Rise Against
Daft Punk

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:01 pm »

Offline Palantyre

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 06:00:43 am »
Righto, let's see now

Astral Doors: It's pretty much impossible to make traditional heavy metal better than these guys.

Amon Amarth: Second best Swedish band ever.

Turisas: STAND UP AND FIIIIIGHT!

Within Temptation: The new album is a gigantic improvement over the tripe they've been putting out recently.

Battle Beast: Fuck yeah.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 06:28:51 am »
As of right now:

Alkaline Trio - Yup haven't quite kicked the habit of listening to them just yet
Journey - Very inspirational right now
Daft Punk
Bring Me The Horizon - Suicide Season Cut Up Remix Album
Tek-One - Awesome dubstep

Kinda stole Palantyre's listing style lol, I though it looked cool ;)