Author Topic: Polish Tour meetups!  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Ziza

Polish Tour meetups!
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:33:43 pm »
Allright then, misiaczki.

Who's gonna be there?! Also, will we somehow organize some beer and stuff before the gig? And if we want some biforek, then when?

I'm gonna get to Warsaw at about 12. Also, we'd better get to Stodoła quite soon - the gig not only starts earlier now (around 17), but you never know if some changes occur (we don't want any problems like during the UK tour). Also, it's better to be at the top of the queue since MaSu starts the show and it sometimes happens that when there are lots of people, you can get inside only just when the starter is already finishing.

Any folks from Warsaw and around who know the territory well? Some people from far away might need some help getting there or finding a place to spend the night.

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
Re: Polish Tour meetups!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 02:50:44 pm »
I am surely attending. You aren't, by any chance, from Trojmiasto Ziza? :) Looking at our lovely PKP, I realize I don't know whether it is Central Warsaw or where, nevertheless I can be at 12:30 (+lateness).

I am all for getting there sooner, don't mind biforek (but mind that I am most likely going to stay away from percentages).

Nice if anyone could offer help at picking me up from the station, and I'd be indebted if any local had a spare bed/floor for me to spend a night, as right at the beginning of the next day I'd be making a rush towards Błonia.

Offline Ziza

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:37:12 pm »
Unfortunately, I am from the other side of our lovely country, which means I will be starting my journey in Katowice. And I honestly don't envy you, having to get there from over the sea :D

Also, if you dare trying to stay away from percentages, we will shove them up your throat anyway <3

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 06:55:52 pm »
Also, if you dare trying to stay away from percentages, we will shove them up your throat anyway <3

Haha, no way :P. I might end up drinking one beer (if they have the only one I like), but other than that I don't enjoy drinking, neither taste nor sleepiness after one beverage, so you're better leaving me alone with this one ;).

Offline Rumcajs

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 06:36:47 pm »
[Hi everyone, first post! :)]

Definitely count me in, if something like this is going to happen! I'm from Zielona Góra, and I'm looking for a place to stay for the night right now.
I didn't looked at the trains yet, but for sure, as Ziza said, it's better to be there even much earlier - we don't want to have any unpleasant "adventures", do we?

Offline Amdor

• Redemption is yours!
    • Last.fm
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 09:42:14 pm »
I am sure as hell being there. It happens that I'm from Warsaw, so I'm be able to do some reconnaissance of the place (I don't know it well - yet). I'll make some sort of a map of communication between PKP station (Warszawa Centralna) and Stodoła, provided I don't forget.
I'll probably wait by the entrance from relatively early, so we could gather in one point (details will come later).
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
-----------------------------------------------------------
<dezo> Let's not do anymore albums?
<gazosx> awesome idea

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:42:51 am »
@Ziza - since you are going to be 'round midday, how about you wait for me this lousy half an hour (PKP's legendary lateness not included) so we can hmm, bulk up against any potential dangers in this city of flying dagger? But honestly I've never been to Warsaw before so I'd appreciate either someone who was there before, someone who lives there or just someone to push to the responsibility for getting lost ;).

Anyway as far as the sleep goes (now I am starting to wonder if I will actually get any sleep). If we end up hanging out untill the morning I suppose the problem is nonexistent, but in any other case any chances for somebody to spare two square meters of floor with a mattress or so? Since my plans changed anyway *relates to what he wrote before* I am going to get back home, first thing in the morning.

Offline Ziza

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 06:39:15 pm »
Whether I can wait on the station or not does not depend on me, unfortunately, since I am being picked up by someone else. I believe, however, that Amdor will soon provide us with all the tips needed to successfully move around, find a temporary place to stay and get to the spot, where the awesomeness shall be delivered <3

Offline Rumcajs

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:15:20 pm »
I've checked my trains - I'll be in Warszawa Centralna around 13:50 (lateness not included).

In the terms of sleeping - unfortunately my Warsaw friends won't be able to put me up for that night. But, they've recommended me a place to stay - it's in the downtown and it's relatively cheap. I'm booking my bed tomorrow and I'll ask about the conditions & stuff. If you're interested, I'll give you a report about that :)

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 09:18:58 pm »
I'm booking my bed tomorrow and I'll ask about the conditions & stuff. If you're interested, I'll give you a report about that :)
Oh, that would be nice, I will be waiting for info from you then :)

Offline Amdor

• Redemption is yours!
    • Last.fm
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 10:05:36 pm »
There's a very convenient bus almost directly from Centralny to Stodoła - 174.

You'll have to find your way from the platform to the bus station (it may not be easy, but there are helpful signs here and there; you should probably look for the general direction, Mokotów).

You enter the bus at the stop "Dw. centralny" and get off at the 3rd stop, "Biblioteka narodowa" - it's a REQUEST STOP, mind you. In case you forget to press the button to make the bus stop, you can still get off at the next one - Metro Pole Mokotowskie.

There is a subway station nearby, and you can take it as well, but the closest station from/to Dworzec Centralny is Centrum (but you can simply walk the distance or take a tram - one stop).

Tickets - I recommend 20 minutes ticket. - it is the cheapest one and will be sufficient to move around. 2 PLN normal, 1 PLN for students.

As far as eat/drink places are concerned, I still have little knowledge. There is one pub close enough, but I don't know if it's any good.

Hostels:
 - Tamka Hostel. It is on Tamka street; you can get there directly using 174 bus again (7th stop).
- Zielone Mazowsze. On ul. Nowogrodzka 46. It's in the city centre, so commuting will be easy (subway from stodoła, tram to train station), but it may be all full. You'll have to call or mail them.
There are probably others, but I have no experience in organizing trips and finding hostels, so there are probably some better and cheaper ones in the vicinity, but I don't know about them. The ones I found are too expensive imo.

I include a little map. It's not much from my part, but if I have a few hours free later on, I'll try to add some info.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:14:51 pm by Amdor »
<gazosx> awesome idea

Offline Rumcajs

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 06:42:17 pm »
I'll be sleeping here: http://www.bookwarsaw.com/sluzewiec/index_pl.htm
The price is fair, it's not far from the centre and my friends recommended it for me. And you can get there from Centralny with the same bus as to Stodoła - 174 ("Bokserska" stop) :D It's near Galeria Mokotów. Already made my booking via internet, without any problems.

Offline Amdor

• Redemption is yours!
    • Last.fm
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »
So, are we gathering before the concert, near the entrance? I'll probably be there around 13:00.
The door are opening at 17, Machinae starts at 17:55.
How do we organise meeting with the band afterwards?
<gazosx> awesome idea

Offline Rumcajs

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:21 pm »
I'll be there around 15:30. I have to go to my hostel and eat something before meeting.

How do we organise meeting with the band afterwards?

I don't have any idea :D We need a nice place, that's for sure.
In main topic somebody had written that MaSu was going to meet fans AFTER all the bands played. That wouldn't be nice. :/

And nobody answered our question about currency accepted at the merch stand. I hope they will like my złotówki :D

Offline Ziza

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 10:12:49 pm »
I'll try to be there at around 15:00.

Now about the meeting... I guess we'll see how it turns out after the show. We'll see the crew, talk a bit and maybe organize something <3 Right now it's impossible to decide on anything except for some good places to stay at.