Author Topic: Sadface. Forum has been left behind in the wake of hipster technology.  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime

Offline Immanio_2

Pshah, some of us don't have facebook accounts (and don't intend to get one).

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
well the band reads the forums and they post if there is anything important to post about usually.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
I don't see the valid point of "We got facebook you know. ;)"

Unless you think wading through 800 posts of "come to UK! come to Virginia! come to Canada! come to <insert area you live in that isn't nearby Sweden>!"

Offline Ziza

Exactly my thoughts... I don't intend to get a facebook account and wouldn't like it to become the main communication platform for the band :( Forums are much more comfortable and offer an actual community.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
This forum needs more SID!

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Zortel

To go to official posts only on the MaSu Facebook Page (As of 26th March 2010):

Below the photo stream is a grey bar with Wall written in Bold on the Left, there should be a Machinae Supremacy link on the right, next to a drop down menu box with 'Top Posts' and 'Most Recent'. Click the MaSu link.

This will give you only official posts from the band, with the latest posts at the top.

To change back, click 'Most Recent'.

As for using Facebook over forums, I can see some current advantages.

The band are currently on tour, they may find it easier to access Facebook from mobile internet devices than the forums. Also, if people have Facebook accounts already, they may be more likely to get involved than if they had to make up a forum account. It also makes it easier to spread the band's name, through auto status updates on 'Liking' the band and so forth.

Of course, there are plus sides to forums as well. Hey, at least it's not MySpace!
"How do you govern a country that seems to have decided that facts are the work of the devil?" - Andy Hamilton
“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.” - W. E. Gladstone

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
Hey, at least it's not MySpace!

I felt an urge to "like" your post but then I remembered that this is not Facebook :(

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline cloudstrifex

I'm sorry, but that comment seems like a big ,,/,, to the fans who have been on the forums for years, many of which probably dislike using Facebook at all. Rather than hype up everything on "the Facebitch" (which seems rather hypocritical to me), they should provide links to different threads on the forum or just the forum in general. I realize Facebook is useful for getting more fans and is a good tool to spread the music, but what about the fans who have stuck around for years when it was just the forum and MaSu wasn't nearly as popular? I'm not trying to say popularity is a bad thing and I'm quite happy that more and more people are getting to hear their music, but it seems like this place is getting deader and MaSu doesn't really seem to care.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
I think MaSu deserves a big bitch-slap for that.

Offline Zortel

Re: Sadface. Forum has been left behind in the wake of hipster technology.
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 03:27:36 pm »
I think MaSu deserves a big bitch-slap for that.

"How do you govern a country that seems to have decided that facts are the work of the devil?" - Andy Hamilton
“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.” - W. E. Gladstone

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »
Have you ever tried checking when I was last seen online on the forums?
To me it's obvious that you haven't since you are bitching.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 04:21:17 pm »

dezowned

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 08:03:27 pm »

Not really sure who that was directed at, but last time seen online doesn't necessarily mean checking the forums often. That combined with the lack of activity recently (although understandable due to touring, real life stuff, etc.) led me to believe that comment had some truth in it, although I see now that you were joking around.. Glad to hear this place isn't totally forgotten.  Now we just need Gordon and Rob to gtfi here.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 09:01:01 pm »
Yeah, dezo is here quite often. :)
Robert is around sometimes, but I think in the past he was more active :( It's a bit sad.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o