Author Topic: A View From The End Of The World  (Read 3097 times)

Offline neovulcan

• WHO WANTS SOME?
A View From The End Of The World
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:11:25 pm »
I just wanted to say thank you for your latest album. It is by far my favorite since I first discovered the free tracks 10 years ago. I didn't even find myself skipping tracks, it was just so seamless. I was particularly impressed with Rocket Dragon. I know a couple helicopter pilots, one of which is an attack helicopter pilot and at least one more who wants to be. This track was very in line with who they are or where they want to be. I have a feeling the lyrics are printed and displayed somewhere...will check to make sure when next I see him.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: A View From The End Of The World
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:53 am »
This guy gets +2 from me :)

Offline Palantyre

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:52:37 pm »
Yeah me too. In my book, AVFTEOTW wasn't only the best album of 2010 by far, I'd also say it's one of the best albums I've heard ever.
Quite a feat to make an album of 13 full songs without a single track being even close to a filler. And I can't think of any bands off-hand who have a better sense of melody.

I fucking salute you, guys.

Offline jadewolf

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:38:20 pm »
Seconded!! Especially now I finally have my hard copy of the album, fresh from the merch stand last night.

All of MaSu's albums are among the best albums ever, btw :P

Hadou

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 12:03:32 am »
Seconded!! Especially now I finally have my hard copy of the album, fresh from the merch stand last night.

All of MaSu's albums are among the best albums ever, btw :P

Oh yes. I still think RUE is technically better than AVFTEOTW. And it's my third favourite album ever.

EDIT: My order:
1. Overworld (it got me hooked)
2. RUE (it's their best album)
3. AVFTEOTW (13 tracks, no filler)
4. DxM (best album if it were from any other artist, but is below the pro standard of the other MaSu albums, understandably)
5. RRE (it's lack of Empire makes me sad :()
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:06:39 am by Hadou »

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 03:18:09 pm »
It feels like, everytime I listen to the cd I'm in a maze discovering new songs, even if I've listened to the album like 4 times straight.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"