Author Topic: Some things.  (Read 24635 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Re: Some things.
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2011, 01:49:10 pm »
Not trying to brag about myself or belittle the OP, mind you.  Just saying that I've known for years you guys are cool.

Yeah. You're the original gaychinae. Bichinae? Machinae Gaypremacist?

Anyways, Freak, congratulations on coming out. It's good that you do. Unlike what Lysix and people have said, I think it's important that you, and other sexual minorities, do. Why? Because it adds visibility, and helps acceptance. Gays would never have been accepted today if they hadn't stood up and shown themselves. Of course, coming out here, you're pretty much preaching to the choir. We're a rather tolerant bunch, but remember what I just wrote when you eventually come out to your family.

Also, for the record, on the list of sexuality/gender related nonstandards, we've had weirder people than you. In fact, I'm probably considered way worse than you by a good portion of society (seeing as I dabble a bit in BDSM).

And I know for a fact that both gaijin and Talhoffer have a curious attraction to blowdriers.

(oh, and if things suck right now, I'd like to point you in the direction of the nice Mr. Dan Savage and his it gets better project. He probably knows more than me on the topic of being gay, seeing as he's been one for many, many years)
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2011, 05:50:42 am »
Bisexual...

but that's an entire different kettle of fish I won't get into here.

and I prefer the term Masu Fan.. (oldschool)

As honestly my sexual preference doesn't have anything to do with my love of good music.

(Ok, Broadway show-tunes.. maybe.. I do like them.. but that's neither here nor there.)

and eh.. Torp?

I'm a furry bondage artist.. (SL screen shots)  If you want to see my work Im me.. :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:54:43 am by Bearfoot »
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2011, 03:24:44 pm »
I'm necro-ing this thread because I need some help. Reply if you want to help me.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2011, 05:54:05 pm »
Sure thing, man. What's up?
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2011, 08:11:57 pm »
State your mind, do not post-whore.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:48 pm »
:O how dare you

But anyway. So there's this guy I really like. He has all the characteristics of a gay person. Thing is; idk how to talk to him. I only see him like 6 or 4 school hours a week, and I've never even talked to him. Only confirmation I have is that I've looked into his eyes once and then he blushed.
I know you are thinking right now; Tim, listen up, there are lots of nice guys out there, and this one isn't the only one.
But it's not like that, I'm really really REALLY in love with him. HELP ME

Oh a few points which might help; I'm 'viewed' as the autistic guy at school so I can pull off stuff and still don't look like an idiot. Also people tell me I'm quite handsome and funny sometimes.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 10:34:02 pm »

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2011, 10:35:44 pm »
Thanks.

Fucken Idiot

oh lol banned

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2011, 10:48:54 pm »
I'd like to start by saying that was kind of rude. He's coming here genuinely asking for advice, and metaphorically pointing and laughing doesn't help.

I went through a similar situation some years back. If you've never spoken with each other, the first few steps are going to be small. If you don't have assigned seating, try sitting next to him, introduce yourself and start a conversation (when possible; during the lesson, for instance, would not be the best time to talk). If you're stuck in separate seats once class starts, you'll just have to try and catch him before or after. If your school has multiple lunch periods like mine did, it could be hit or miss whether you can sit with him at lunch, but try for that, too. Just get to know him. Like I said, small steps.

Once you're friends, it's kind of up to you how you want to approach him about a possible relationship. The only advice I can give you at that point is not to rush things if you're not ready, specifically when it comes to the physical aspect of the relationship. In my case, we moved too fast and that's all he ended up wanting from me.

I hope this helps in some way. ;)
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2011, 11:07:11 pm »
 :D /hug

Thanks very dude, appreciated. Have a cookie :)

Well. I've tried sitting next to him, but problem is, his class always comes in later than ours. Also, we call Dibs on our seats everyday at the back of the classroom so we can play DotA. I'm kinda done with school atm cos I'm gonna do something else anyway, (Law and Rights) so not much to do. Problem is he's always sitting in the front and I don't have much to do there, except for posting on this forum etc.

Like I told you he's kinda shy to those he doesn't know personally, so that would be a problem but I believe he fancies me because I've 'caught' him on various occasions eying me from across the classroom.
I also never see him during lunch, we always go to a supermarket that's a fifteen minute walk away, and I mostly see him on my way back OR they are like 100 metres behind me and my friends.

Lol only if he physically wanted me and told me...

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2011, 04:12:02 pm »
Riax's advice seem fundamentally sound. My advice is quite simple, as well: Just talk to him! You say he's shy, so you won't gain anything from just sitting in the other end of the room and eye flirting with him. You don't really need an excuse, but if you absolutely want to, manufacture one. "Hi, I think you dropped your pen" (holding a pen that is, of course, not his - not unless you actually manage to make him drop a pen you can pick up for him) or whatever. Then start talking. It could, of course, be a good idea to figure out a interest you both share, so as to easier keep up the pretense while chatting him up. From there, you just have to take it by yourself, really.

If you're already out of the closet at school, or at least with your friends, things will be considerably easier, as there's less pretense to be kept up to others. You don't need to make up an excuse for talking to him (or hanging out with him) to your friends if they know you're into guys, you can be honest about it. And if people at school in general know, or you don't really care if they get to know, you can be more direct with him. Of course, the latter can be negative as well - he might be more scared he'll be outed if he suddenly starts hanging out with a gay guy.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply  ;)

Well, it would be kinda strange to just talk to him, and I'm bad at making up excuses so yeah I think it's gonna be talking. Thing is; I'm kinda afraid to be rejected, I can't handle such situations very well and he hangs out with the other 'gay' guys at his class (Lemme explain this one: The class he's in 'contains' 4 gay guys, one of them being him if I'm right about it. The other 3 are just really throwing it out there, like hugging each other in full classrooms, always touching etc.) so I'm kinda afraid that they'll be like 'omg wtf is he doing at our spot lol gtfo nub' or something like that. But it could always turn out nice, and I believe they know that I'm gay (recognizing behaviour etc.).

Well tomorrow's monday so I'm gonna try giving it a...try. lol

:)

EDIT:

If your school has multiple lunch periods like mine did, it could be hit or miss whether you can sit with him at lunch, but try for that, too. Just get to know him. Like I said, small steps.

That's a good one, but I'd have to convince my friends to not go to the supermarket or outside for a smoke. We got 3 lunch periods, first one is at 10:00 for 15 minutes, second one is at 12:00 for 55 minutes, and one at 14:20 for 10 minutes. I could try :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:08:27 pm by machinaeFREAK »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:07 pm »
You could always ditch your friends for one little lunch break...

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2011, 09:36:25 am »
You could always ditch your friends for one little lunch break...

It's a possibility.

Little update: So yeah I found out that is name is probably Jeffrey or something, so that's a start. Furthermore I heard he got off from school or something...let's hope that's only for monday after 14:50.

...Which I find one of the most unattractive names ever.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:13:35 pm by machinaeFREAK »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2011, 08:47:44 pm »
Don't worry, once you charm him into bed (and you into his heart) you can give him a sickeningly cute nickname instead...

EDIT: I suggest "My jeffey-cake"!

Also, now I want Jaffa cakes...