Author Topic: Some things.  (Read 24075 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Some things.
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2011, 10:44:56 am »
Sadly, we still live in a world where, to many, being gay is an abnormality. That is why many gay peeps feel the need to make coming-out a big announcement. I look forward to the day when everyone is used to and accepting of other people's choices, and when gay peeps no longer feel the need to "come out of the closet".

What i'm saying is: yes, "I'm gay" announcements are annoying, but the people who have a problem with gays are even more annoying. And thankfully, we have no one like that on the forum.

So, congrats machinaeFreak. I don't care that you're gay, but I'm happy for you. Now, if you were an esper, alien or time-traveller...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:48:26 am by aka. »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2011, 12:32:18 pm »
It's an open board. People can post whatever the fuck they want in according with the rules of the General Board.    ;)

I don't think the issue was whether he can or can't, more like if it's necessary or not. I'd say I have to agree with just about everything Lysix said, however, at the same time I understand how something like this could be difficult to talk about and sometimes it's nice to just get something off your chest in the form of a forum post. This forum is generally very accepting and it's one of the reasons I like it here so much, and the most important thing is making sure machinaeFREAK knows nobody here is going to think differently of him because of his lifestyle; the same goes for anyone here. The MaSu forum welcomes everyone, so we should all just hug and be happy. :)
Very true, so it's cool to post that as well :D JUST POAST MOAR DAMNIT

MachinaeFREAK, why delete this thread when you're afraid someone will find out, but in the meanwhile this is about you coming out..

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2011, 01:08:02 pm »
What i'm saying is: yes, "I'm gay"

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:20 pm »
It's an open board. People can post whatever the fuck they want in according with the rules of the General Board.    ;)

I don't think the issue was whether he can or can't, more like if it's necessary or not. I'd say I have to agree with just about everything Lysix said, however, at the same time I understand how something like this could be difficult to talk about and sometimes it's nice to just get something off your chest in the form of a forum post. This forum is generally very accepting and it's one of the reasons I like it here so much, and the most important thing is making sure machinaeFREAK knows nobody here is going to think differently of him because of his lifestyle; the same goes for anyone here. The MaSu forum welcomes everyone, so we should all just hug and be happy. :)
Very true, so it's cool to post that as well :D JUST POAST MOAR DAMNIT

MachinaeFREAK, why delete this thread when you're afraid someone will find out, but in the meanwhile this is about you coming out..

LOL epic.

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 02:21:35 am »
What i'm saying is: yes, "I'm gay"
Lol. I see what you did there.

And not to hijack your thread or steal your thunder, but I'm gay too. I'm also never going to conform to the gay stereotype, either. I do understand why some people who come out change their behavior, though. Since coming out to my friends, I do act differently when I'm with them than I did before they knew. However, this is not because I feel obligated to act this way. The truth is I was suppressing part of my natural personality out of fear before coming out. I don't really have many people I would truly call friends, and the fear of losing them overwhelmed me for a long time. Then one day I realized that if they really did have a problem with it, I was wrong to count them among my friends.

I'm not out to my family yet, but I want to come out to them. Friends were easy to come out to; you choose your friends, and I chose people who accept me for who I am. Family is a different story. My dad's entire side of the family are devout Catholics. I have a cousin who still isn't allowed to bring his husband (technically his "domestic partner", since same-sex marriage is illegal in this state) of three years to any family gatherings. I haven't seen him in four years, and I always attend Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I digress. This probably isn't the place to discuss the issues of coming out to friends and family. When I initially started typing, I just meant to say that you're not alone, machinaeFREAK.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:23:49 am by Riax »
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:58 pm »
Worst thing about those coming outs is that if so many nice guys are homosexual, calling someone a gay/fag is not that much offensive anymore.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2011, 12:03:50 am »
Worst thing about those coming outs is that if so many nice guys are homosexual, calling someone a gay/fag is not that much offensive anymore.
Well, start insulting each other as heterosexuals. Over here, we've been doing that for years.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2011, 12:30:09 am »
Well, start insulting each other as heterosexuals. Over here, we've been doing that for years.

Dude, that is the most heterosexual idea ever, straight guy. Go get better ideas D=<

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2011, 01:11:00 am »
For some reason, strangely appropriate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9SiDtJLaU
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2011, 12:04:22 pm »

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:13 pm »
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2011, 09:12:10 pm »
I'm gay.

EDIT: removed the angry parts as some people can be insulted by it.

I hope everyone's ok with it, and that I can get some support around here.
Also mild jokes are acceptable, racist/harsh ones aren't.

Dude, I'm way late to this party.. but I've been "Out"  to the forum here since before MaSU had an album deal..

If you need to talk to me I'm but an IM away ok?

although I'm bi, not gay.

Not trying to brag about myself or belittle the OP, mind you.  Just saying that I've known for years you guys are cool.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:15:05 pm by Bearfoot »
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2011, 11:14:18 pm »
Not trying to brag about myself or belittle the OP, mind you.  Just saying that I've known for years you guys are cool.

Coolness is mandatory.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:53 am »
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."