Author Topic: Some things.  (Read 24080 times)

Casper

Re: Some things.
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 04:24:12 am »
I'm straight.
Don't see me making a thread about it, though.
...MAYBE I SHOULD

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 06:55:31 am »
I'm straight.
Don't see me making a thread about it, though.
...MAYBE I SHOULD

Zomg Lysander = Lysix?

Also, I kind of agree.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 10:45:42 am »
I can only speak for myself of course; but coming out is as much about accepting it in yourself as it's about some kinda of PSA. Words and feelings are given weight as we voice them. Straight is the 'default', we are the custom install option ;) Over the internet especially, if I don't "come out" then a lot of people assume I'm male when I mention my girlfriend, or they know I'm female and keep asking about my "boyfriend" and I have to correct them. Next time you're in front of the TV for a proper veg out, count the number of gay vs straight couples you'll see in advertising.

We are a community, and it's important people can talk about these things with the confidence that they won't be insulted or hated. While having a go at religious people is stupid, it's worth remembering that gay people still get a lot of hate from religious types, even our own parents. Because God is more awesome than your kids am I right?

All sexuality is awesome and we should all be more open about it, no matter your flavour.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »
Yes. I totally agree.
+10 achievement points.

But why sailors, i hate them
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:48 pm »
I can only speak for myself of course; but coming out is as much about accepting it in yourself as it's about some kinda of PSA. Words and feelings are given weight as we voice them. Straight is the 'default', we are the custom install option ;) Over the internet especially, if I don't "come out" then a lot of people assume I'm male when I mention my girlfriend, or they know I'm female and keep asking about my "boyfriend" and I have to correct them. Next time you're in front of the TV for a proper veg out, count the number of gay vs straight couples you'll see in advertising.

We are a community, and it's important people can talk about these things with the confidence that they won't be insulted or hated. While having a go at religious people is stupid, it's worth remembering that gay people still get a lot of hate from religious types, even our own parents. Because God is more awesome than your kids am I right?

All sexuality is awesome and we should all be more open about it, no matter your flavour.

Right but if my posts made me sound gay or like a woman, and I didn't have my gender on my profile I don't think I would make a thread explaining the fact that I'm a guy and I'm straight. People would get it eventually.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 07:51:19 pm »
Like I said, you're the default. I know, I do it too, but we pretty much assume "straight male" until proven otherwise. So you're wouldn't make a thread, that's cool, but if you really don't care either way why bitch about it?

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2011, 10:32:26 pm »
I didn't bitch about anything. Lysander brought up a point that I partially agree with, and I shared my reasons why. No need to get defensive.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2011, 12:24:22 am »
Relax guys.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2011, 01:34:50 am »
Is that The Village People?

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 03:09:31 am »
No, it's my family portrait.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2011, 03:21:19 am »
I'm jealous <.<

Casper

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 05:59:16 pm »
Like I said, you're the default. I know, I do it too, but we pretty much assume "straight male" until proven otherwise. So you're wouldn't make a thread, that's cool, but if you really don't care either way why bitch about it?

Nobody is bitching.
People "assume" that because it IS the norm. Whether you want to dispute this or not, the fact is that men fuck women to have kids and keep the human race alive. A high percentage of us are naturally attracted to the opposite sex, and it is this drive that keeps the population going.

I don't care if someone is straight. I also don't care if they're gay. What I DO care about is people who think they have to announce it to the entire world as if they're the only person to ever experience it. Take this thread, for example. I'm sure MachinaeFREAK is a great guy, but I don't care that he likes men now. Sure, if I suggested he had a girlfriend at some point and he went "nah, i'm gay", that'd be a situation where his sexuality warrants revealing.

The point is, we're all equal. Whether I fuck dudes or girls is nobodys business and nobody should feel as if they have to dedicate an entire topic/conversation to telling people that, because it implies that it's wrong or that they need to justify it. When they don't.

Zomg Lysander = Lysix?

Yep.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:04:12 pm by Lysander »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2011, 01:26:27 pm »
It's an open board. People can post whatever the fuck they want in according with the rules of the General Board.    ;)

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2011, 03:23:06 pm »
It's an open board. People can post whatever the fuck they want in according with the rules of the General Board.    ;)

I don't think the issue was whether he can or can't, more like if it's necessary or not. I'd say I have to agree with just about everything Lysix said, however, at the same time I understand how something like this could be difficult to talk about and sometimes it's nice to just get something off your chest in the form of a forum post. This forum is generally very accepting and it's one of the reasons I like it here so much, and the most important thing is making sure machinaeFREAK knows nobody here is going to think differently of him because of his lifestyle; the same goes for anyone here. The MaSu forum welcomes everyone, so we should all just hug and be happy. :)

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2011, 05:39:15 pm »
OK thanks all

Now if you'll excuse me, i need to delete this topic before someone i'd want to know finds out.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"