Author Topic: Ahoy  (Read 6595 times)

Offline Immanio_2

Ahoy
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:46:23 pm »
So, I finally got around to registering for the MaSu forum. Actually, I think I first tried registering about 3-4 years back, but then the confirmation mail never reached the university mail address I was using, and I never got around to getting it sorted out. My username is still reserved, though, thus _2.

Anyway, umm, hello there.

Offline cloudstrifex

Re: Ahoy
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:54:57 pm »
Welcome to the addiction! Nice to see fresh blood, I just returned from a long hiatus only to find the forum is not nearly as active as it used to be D:

Offline Tolkki

• A bane to evil.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:49:01 pm »
Hehey, a newbie! Welcome! It already started to be quite silent in here, so new people is allways a good thing!
Hmm, talking about newbies, there was lot of them motnh ago, where have they gone?
Lurkkers gonna lurk.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:52:11 am »
To the feeding halls.

.. i mean happyland, ofcourse! Welcome ;)

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 12:19:57 pm »
Don't be afraid if someone offers you love butter cookies!

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:18:18 pm »
Be very afraid if I do offer anything. Anyways, welcome to the forums of awesomeness.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Boaz

• Its good to be home with friends!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 05:26:39 pm »
I just returned from a long hiatus only to find the forum is not nearly as active as it used to be D:
Ok good, im not going crazy yet. I remember the forum being significantly busier.
The basic instincts of all guys in the wild:
1) Get big sticks
2) SMASH THE SHISTA OUT OF THINGS
3) Make fire
4) Burninate

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:35:08 pm »
I just returned from a long hiatus only to find the forum is not nearly as active as it used to be D:
Ok good, im not going crazy yet. I remember the forum being significantly busier.

It's a bit sad, isn't it? :(
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 07:37:38 pm »

Yeah it's a little disheartening, but I'm sure people have stuff irl they need to take care of. At least we know they still probably listen to MaSu! I was surprised to see some of the veteran posters aren't active at all. But it's nice to know a lot of them are still here :)

Offline Boaz

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 10:24:26 pm »

Yeah it's a little disheartening, but I'm sure people have stuff irl they need to take care of. At least we know they still probably listen to MaSu! I was surprised to see some of the veteran posters aren't active at all. But it's nice to know a lot of them are still here :)
It feels quite weird especially since Fallout seems to be some forum legend (did he really get booted off the forum?) and we joined the forum around the same time in '04. btw cloudtrifex did you used to have a different name? i just dont recognize it
1) Get big sticks
3) Make fire
4) Burninate

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 01:34:05 am »

It feels quite weird especially since Fallout seems to be some forum legend (did he really get booted off the forum?) and we joined the forum around the same time in '04. btw cloudtrifex did you used to have a different name? i just dont recognize it

Yeah iirc Fallout was banned shortly after MaSu signed with spinefarm because he wasn't happy with it and started flaming but I could be wrong. I wasn't around when he got unbanned though. Nope, been using the same name since I joined. I think you left the forums before I made my account.

Offline Boaz

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:35 am »
Well it is good to meet you, you appear to be the person who posts the most on the boards currently

btw welcome to the boards Immanio_2! I would try and dig up the old hellrape picture that used to be posted for new members but i dont want to risk breaking forum rules (as im not read up on them) so i will let you google image search that.
1) Get big sticks
3) Make fire
4) Burninate

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 09:04:40 am »
Yeah good to meet you too! I remember seeing your posts a long time ago and the only reason I remember is because of the Trowa avatar, and since he was always my favorite character in Gundam Wing it stuck out to me. I've been posting a lot in hopes other people will start doing the same. It'd be a shame if more veteran members left because of inactivity. :(

I don't understand it personally. I realize it's been almost three months since the new album came out but still, this is the height of MaSu's musical career. This is their 4th studio album and although I don't like it as much as Redeemer or DXM it definitely tops Overworld and shows they're still as good as ever. I don't think there's any other band out there with this much material across four studio albums, one video game soundtrack (plus JnG Gold and the War Angels songs), and close to 30 site releases with this much original material that still tops just about any other band even with the songs that aren't quite as good by MaSu standards.

My guess is people just forget about the forum, have real life stuff to take care of, disagree with the band's direction, or are tired of the inactivity and leave - who knows. At any rate I'll be here until the band stops making music, provided I don't have a mid-life crisis to attend to. Machinae Supremacy ftw!

Offline Boaz

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:34 am »
Yah Ive kept the same name and trowa avatar to stay consistent while on the forum, im just about to finish up university  so i have not been on much at all in the last 4 years as it has taken up a lot of time. I have (unfortunately) not yet listened to the new album im waiting for it in the mail as i missed the release date (which kind of saddens me as i have original releases of DXM and redeemer). Maybe its just that the veterans got bored of slinging the same shit at each other for 10 years so they needed a forum break?

I would say one of the reasons i never came back to the forum for a long time was once i was gone for a while everyone changed their names and id have to spend all this time trying to figure out who the hell everyone is.

As a question about members do you/anyone know what became of VisionThing?
1) Get big sticks
3) Make fire
4) Burninate

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 10:05:50 am »
Ah cool yeah I've done the same thing although my avatar seems to have disappeared (I can't even remember what it was). Don't feel bad I still have to pick up RRE, Overworld, and AVFTEOTW on CD <.<

Who knows why people left, I wouldn't be surprised if a few members got fed up with things for whatever reason or just plain forgot about it after a while. I left twice, once because I forgot after a while, and the other for personal reasons. But now I'm getting things straightened up IRL and I'm glad to be back and be a part of the forum. It's not that hard to figure out who people are, I usually go by post count, avatar, who is still Mod, or sig. Sometimes I still can't remember who someone is though >.<

VisionThing... Man I remember the name like it was yesterday but I don't remember any of his posts. Doing a member search it looks like his forum name is now OutboundLight (which I vaguely remember) and he hasn't been active for almost three years. I bet Rad (aka Jack Lupino) would know more than I do.

We need Ant, Megadokyo, SomethingApt, Drakonis, Dimruthien, PrescriptiveBarony, and others that I'm forgetting back!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:10:13 am by cloudstrifex »