Author Topic: Magicka  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
Magicka
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:14:08 am »
Its awesome...buy it....now! ON STEAM!!!

*but beware the horrendous horrendous game breaking bugs*

Use 8 "elements" and combine them in a variety of ways, in a a variety of fashions to create a variety of new magic! Then use that magic to combine or counter your co-op friends magic for a variety of effects! *warning may cause instant death*

The game itself is FULL of movie references, LotR, Star Trek, Star Wars, Platoon, 300, Monty Python, and a crap TON of more!

And its made from some crazy swedes!

Watch: (30 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/user/totalhalibut?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/20/g_XP9OBWGKo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:42:25 pm by Chronologix »

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
Re: Magicka
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:41:11 pm »
oops...meant to be an edit...not a quote

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:50:38 pm »
I was reading up about this game on Ars Technica only to find there have been quite a few bugs, especially in multiplayer which is supposed to be the selling point of the game. I might consider getting this when/if most of the bugs are fixed, but I'll hold off in it for now.

Offline Immanio_2

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:33:57 am »
Bought this today, some bugs, but nothing gamebreaking in my opinion (I think they released a bugfix yesterday).  Haven't tried singleplayer, but played through some of the campaign coop and tried some survival. Definitely worth it if you've got friends to play it with, in my opinion. Nothing like gibbing a friend with a thunderbolt, either by accident or by "accident". There's an extra bit of fun for people who understand some Swedish as well, for instance Norwegians like me, as the voice acting is something like the Swedish chef with some actual words mixed in.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:43:52 am »
Bought this today, some bugs, but nothing gamebreaking in my opinion (I think they released a bugfix yesterday).  Haven't tried singleplayer, but played through some of the campaign coop and tried some survival. Definitely worth it if you've got friends to play it with, in my opinion. Nothing like gibbing a friend with a thunderbolt, either by accident or by "accident". There's an extra bit of fun for people who understand some Swedish as well, for instance Norwegians like me, as the voice acting is something like the Swedish chef with some actual words mixed in.

Ya, i am assuming it is Gibberish with Swedish thrown into random places....somehow I dont think "dunka dunka" is Swedish for "party" :P, same with Whackacrack, but at least Shrubbery is still Shrubbery :P