Author Topic: Terranigma  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Terranigma
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:15:30 pm »
Yes, a topic about Terranigma because, well it's awesome.

Who knows (or has played) this game, and if you have NO IDEA what i'm talking about, get educated!

I'm starting a new game... NOW

Offline Skell

• Awesomeness
    • Mauft.com Games
Re: Terranigma
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:38:56 pm »
Completed and enjoyed the plot and gameplay thoroughly, excepting the last boss battle which was impossible due to the fact that all my attacks did 1 HP damage to him (so I had to use some memory manipulation to go around that). I only wish I remembered the plot better, or there was some description in the kind of FF7 Plot analysis.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:45:06 am »
No way a topic on Terranigma?? I played maybe the first two towers and it was awesome. I remember it being somewhat difficult but maybe that's just because I sucked. I never completed it but I'm thinking I should go back and play it because what I remember of it was pure win.

Offline Rareitor

• Doctore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:27:49 am »
I've actually played the 3 games, that is: Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma (not in that order)

I do have to admit Terra is far superior when you consider how well it grasps you and does not let go, also you can actually travel the world map literally, which is far more than Illlusion and Soul(a little more than Illusion but still small) would allow.

Now then

Terranigma>Soul Blazer>Illusion of Gaia

Last thing, on Soul Blazer: DR LEO'S BASEMENT LAB! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- (earwormgetitoutsomeonehelpmeplz)
The man in the box.

Offline Ziza

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 02:10:10 pm »
Decided to try it out after you recommended it. Right now I've reached Liotto after about 10 hours of gameplay (measured by game itself which I believe is a little slower than the actual time). Pretty nice and addicting, though I'm still waiting for some epic delivery of plot-mindfucks - as for now, nothing incredible is happening and the story is... simply going forward.

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:27:19 pm »
Awesome remix from this awesome game:

http://remix.thasauce.net/song/RTS0010/
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:12:54 am »
Decided to try it out after you recommended it. Right now I've reached Liotto after about 10 hours of gameplay (measured by game itself which I believe is a little slower than the actual time). Pretty nice and addicting, though I'm still waiting for some epic delivery of plot-mindfucks - as for now, nothing incredible is happening and the story is... simply going forward.
It's gonna get jacked pretty soon from there