Author Topic: Anime Suggestions  (Read 7930 times)

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
Re: Anime Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 08:23:37 pm »
Since I know from your blog that you're trying Netflix, Full Metal Panic! might be one to watch. The story wraps up pretty nicely at the end of the first season, and if you find yourself craving more, you can dive right into its follow-up season, The Second Raid. Lots of mecha battles and a fair amount of non-mecha action as well. There's also a romance subplot, which I didn't care to pay much attention to, but I can see how it may appeal to others.
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 09:02:30 pm »
Since I know from your blog that you're trying Netflix, Full Metal Panic! might be one to watch. The story wraps up pretty nicely at the end of the first season, and if you find yourself craving more, you can dive right into its follow-up season, The Second Raid. Lots of mecha battles and a fair amount of non-mecha action as well. There's also a romance subplot, which I didn't care to pay much attention to, but I can see how it may appeal to others.

I've always wanted to see that! Thanks for the suggestion! I saw your reply on my blog, it's cool because with Wordpress it's alot easier, you don't have to be a member or anything to leave a comment.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:29 pm »
I recently watched NGE:2.22, which is posted by some guy on youtube it seems. It was fun to watch but still I can't really understand the story (well I do but, it's more the Angels and their whereabouts)

But motherfucker, the battle between Mari and the 10th Angel is fucking awesome. I won't spoiler it but here is the link (dubbed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExyE8e6QLgA

BESTIAL MECHA WITH TEETH YES YES YES YES
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 06:14:54 am »
Okay so I finally found this. Heard about the teaser a while back and now it's out on Hulu. It's the first episode of the Persona 4 anime! I'm stoked! Here it is:

http://www.hulu.com/persona-4

Let me know what all you anime watchers think :)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 11:17:54 am »
Hulu is off limits to most anyone outside the US. I'll make sure to acquire that in some other way.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 06:59:38 pm »
Really? That sucks I didn't even know that. Well I hope you find a way to acquire it. It's really good.