Author Topic: Bring Me The Horizon  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Bring Me The Horizon
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:35:56 pm »
At first listen i wasnt to impressed with BMTH's new release i hadnt really like their earlier stuff so i overlooked their new one. But working at Hot Topic their CD got played in full and it started to grow on me. Has anyone listen to BMTH's new CD entitled: There Is A Hell Believe Me Ive Seen It, There Is A Heaven Lets Keep It A Secret? Favorite tracks are: Crucify Me, Dont Go, and Alligator Blood

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Bring Me The Horizon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 02:42:51 am »
BMTH? Hot topic? Brb, throwing up

Offline Shalinar

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:34:23 am »
At first listen i wasnt to impressed with BMTH's new release i hadnt really like their earlier stuff so i overlooked their new one. But working at Hot Topic their CD got played in full and it started to grow on me. Has anyone listen to BMTH's new CD entitled: There Is A Hell Believe Me Ive Seen It, There Is A Heaven Lets Keep It A Secret? Favorite tracks are: Crucify Me, Dont Go, and Alligator Blood

Yep. Wasn't a fan of their other stuff, but this album is much better, and I think I know why (for me at least). Personally I love Crucify Me, It Never Ends, and Blessed With A Curse. So first off, they should get rid of their screamer. I know thats harsh, and people will probably bitch at me for it, but seriously. Im not hating, Im just sayin, since he blew out his vocal cords he's not a great screamer any more. They should get a new screamer, in my opinion. But, BMTH isn't stupid. They know he can't scream that well anymore (although his low screams are more or less still intact), so there are a lot of other vocals than just his screams. For example, in Crucify Me, all the chanting and the backing vocals and especially the synthesized female voice all supplement the screams, making it more bearable than having to listen to him scream for six minutes when he blew out his vocal cords. They're nowhere near my favorite band, but this new album did impress me much more than their other stuff, I especially love all the other melodic stuff and the other vocals. If they keep that and get a new screamer, I think I could listen to them more.

What do you guys think?

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:00:33 am »
I agree and they arent in my top favorite bands. I never really listened to BMTH until this. New screamer, yes. Cut back on screaming more melodic, yes. Keep the unique electro-symphonic-hardcore, definitely. Unlike a lot of bands this is one I'd like to see experiment and evolve. With this album it has its flaws but it also has a lot going for it too. Sometimes there is just that one CD a band puts out that you like and its just how it hits you.

Casper

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 04:28:16 am »
But working at Hot Topic their CD got played in full and it started to grow on me.

working at Hot Topic

Hot Topic

THIS THREAD IS WRONG

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 07:03:06 am »
LOL Lysix (if that's you) this forum hasn't been the same without you.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 09:43:02 am »
Hey job is a job