Author Topic: Favorite Songs to PWN To  (Read 12497 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Favorite Songs to PWN To
« on: December 28, 2010, 11:39:29 am »
What is your song selection / playlist when you are ready to just demolish, PWN, destroy, and just help with that frustration and anger? Mine are: Bodies by Drowning Pool. Bow Down by Born of Osiris. Violence Fetish by Disturbed. Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria. Violator by MaSu. Empire by MaSu.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
Re: Favorite Songs to PWN To
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:17:57 pm »
When I'm angry, anything from the US black metal band Cobalt does the trick to up that frustration and increase that agressiveness. Otherwise, when I just want to 'pwn' with like sports or a videogame, I love to rock out on Aerosmith (Eat the Rich, Get a Grip), Mastodon (Blood and Thunder, The Wolf is Loose), Down (On March the Saints, Three Suns and One Star) and basically anything by Volbeat. Machinae Supremacy songs, A LOT. Oh and Pentera ofcourse. HOSTILE, FUCKING HOSTILE.

Welcome Home is great choice too btw. The riffs are great to smash, bang, hack, slash and destroy to and the solo makes a great  finale.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:20:24 pm by WilllemNL »

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:14:57 pm »
When it comes to pwning shit up there is nothing like blasting some dubstep imo.

Like this, holy shit:
http://soundcloud.com/reso/reso-valken-ep-preview-civ017-out-feb2011-12-dwnld

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »
Sacred Steel - Slaughter Prophecy, Lok - Inte en enda risk, Raised Fist - Killing it, SMZB - No solution

Are all good examples of the kind of songs I listen to when I am in destructo-mode.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Kurton

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:29:37 pm »
I keep an ever-expanding iTunes playlist comprised of Skaven, Children of Bodom, MaSu, and a whoooole lotta Demetori.

... With some Rammstein, MASUGN, Aaron Srdoc, and Alexander Brandon's Unreal Tournament tracks around the edges. :3

Offline Banshee

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 01:29:48 am »
back in the days i played GunZ, eurobeat made me play better

for everyday anger, black metal should do the trick (you know, Mayhem, Zyklon-B, Carpathian Forest, Infernal War) ... but i dont listen to it anymore, since it's pretty boring

fact that harsh noise makes me relaxed and happy is pretty funny i guess...

Offline Palantyre

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 05:21:25 am »
I don't really have "music I like to listen to when I'm angry" because when I'm angry I don't give a shit about music.

Sometimes, however, the situation just calls for really aggressive music. In those situations I tend to play stuff like Arch Enemy, Deathchain, Debauchery or Finntroll.

For videogame purposes, it really depends on the game. If I'm playing something akin to Diablo, I usually go with the aggro-stuff I mentioned above, together with some warrior stuff like Manowar, Amon Amarth and the likes.

I also like to mix in stuff like The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird to game playlists like those, just for lulz. There's just something about killing stuff with Don't Worry, Be Happy playing on the background.

Offline DeparteD

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 11:43:38 am »
MaSu - Conveyor, Dreadnaught, Edge and Pearl, Remnant, Sidologies
As I Lay Dying - Through Struggle, Nothing Left, The Sound of Truth
Heaven Shall Burn - Numbing The Pain, Mybestfriends.com, Counterweight
Dark Tranquility - Inside The Particle Storm
Haste The Day - Chorus of Angels
Winds Of Plague - A Cold Day In Hell

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:04 am »
MaSu ofc, The Prodigy, classical stuff, etc.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Althalos

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »
The whole Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God album (I'm not really into death metal, but for some reason I can listen to this one over and over again).
"I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand. I am the Gauntlet about his fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I'M HEAVY METAL \m/>_<\m/ !!"

Offline ForWeAreMany

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 08:33:30 am »
I rarely listen to music while playing but when I do, my playlist varies a lot. When playing games like Civilization IV, I'll listen to some video game OSTs. When it comes to action games like Devil May Cry 3 or Resident Evil 5s Mercenaries mode, I'll put on some As I Lay Dying, At the Gates, Behemoth, Nile or something else really heavy music that boosts my gameplay. Of course there are a lot of games where music only distracts you, e.g Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and some tactical first person shooters and that's why I don't often listen to music while I play.

Offline robinmedico

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 02:38:45 pm »
Wine Red - The Hush Sound

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 02:54:57 pm »
At the Gates
I second that. Their Slaughter of the Soul album is awesome.
Furthermore: Anaal Nathrakh and Anorexia Nervosa.
Then, some fast chiptune stuff :)
Also: Chimaira - Resurrection.
Neaera :) especially The Rising Tide of Oblivion, but also "Synergy" and "Armamentarium".
Masugn ;D
Origin's "Antithesis" album.
Parkway Drive - "Smoke 'em if ya got 'em"
Sybreed - "Revive My Wounds" :D
Turmion Kätilöt ^_^
That's probably it for now....
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Immanio_2

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:35 pm »
Not angry, definitely, but when I decide it's time to stop wiping on a WoW boss, I have a tradition I picked up from a guildie many years ago: "Push it to the limit" from the Scarface soundtrack. Ah, the memories of listening to a Dane yelling "Push it! Push it! Push it!" on vt as the last % of the boss' health dropped away. I don't usually listen to music when I FPS game, but other than that I tend to just keep my music collection on shuffle, so it could be anything from Alestorm to Chopin to MaSu (of course) to Pink Floyd to Tom Waits to Yuki Kajiura.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »
Not angry, definitely, but when I decide it's time to stop wiping on a WoW boss, I have a tradition I picked up from a guildie many years ago: "Push it to the limit" from the Scarface soundtrack. Ah, the memories of listening to a Dane yelling "Push it! Push it! Push it!" on vt as the last % of the boss' health dropped away. I don't usually listen to music when I FPS game, but other than that I tend to just keep my music collection on shuffle, so it could be anything from Alestorm to Chopin to MaSu (of course) to Pink Floyd to Tom Waits to Yuki Kajiura.

We used this a lot in my old guild "Illuminators".
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."