Author Topic: Favorite Songs to PWN To  (Read 10862 times)

Offline machinaeFREAK

Re: Favorite Songs to PWN To
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 10:50:34 pm »
The NGE soundtrack currently gives me sick boosts of adreline while doing stuff.

you stated NGE and this came to my mind :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Wnu-FV0jk

:D
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Aeon

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »
Actually I do not listen to anything because Counter-Strike is too much sneaking-oriented, but anything from Blue Stahli gives me a nice surge of adrenaline for either fast, accurate gun barrages, or intense nerdrage when going on a death streak because of campers having an advantage over me.

Well... at least it used to give me a surge... I kind of got used to it. :P The action itself is my only stimulant now, but some Stahliness in the background helps set up the mood for a firefight.

The guy behind Blue Stahli (a good friend of Klayton from Celldweller, if that can be any recommendation, though their styles are different) churns out a lot of short, about 2 min. long action-oriented tracks. Have a taste! "Rapid Fire" from the recently released Antisleep Vol. 2, "Doublequick" from Antisleep Vol. 1 and for a good measure, a track with actual lyrics: "Takedown" from the debut album, aptly named "Blue Stahli"!

"Don't speak, doublethink who you push around / You're mistaken if you're thinking that I'll back down / Whatcha gonna do? / Whatcha gonna say / When I give back all the hate you made? / (Right now) / (Break out) / (Takedown) / I wanna take you down / I wanna take you out / I wanna be the one to break your dignity / And all your empty pride / Will rot the hole inside / But you'd make a beautiful suicide"

Yeah, even the lyrics usually make you want to pick a fight with someone, anyone. ^^
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Cestus

• rawr
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 10:34:00 am »
aah. :D at last someone else likse BS. Though "Premeditated" is my fav song.
For the german boardsters out there a fun fact:
I had to do an free medial interpretation of a freely chosen poem. So I decided to mix together "Georg Heym - Der Gott der Stadt" with the above named song. Downpitched and distorted my voice a bit and put it together. I stated that the song wasn't made by me, but the Dr. who held the class at the university was so impressed of the idea that I was the only one (of 80) to get the best mark. :D
Chaos! Panic! Desaster! (my work here is done ~ for pony)

Hadou

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 06:57:54 pm »
Actually I do not listen to anything because Counter-Strike is too much sneaking-oriented, but anything from Blue Stahli gives me a nice surge of adrenaline for either fast, accurate gun barrages, or intense nerdrage when going on a death streak because of campers having an advantage over me.

Well... at least it used to give me a surge... I kind of got used to it. :P The action itself is my only stimulant now, but some Stahliness in the background helps set up the mood for a firefight.

The guy behind Blue Stahli (a good friend of Klayton from Celldweller, if that can be any recommendation, though their styles are different) churns out a lot of short, about 2 min. long action-oriented tracks. Have a taste! "Rapid Fire" from the recently released Antisleep Vol. 2, "Doublequick" from Antisleep Vol. 1 and for a good measure, a track with actual lyrics: "Takedown" from the debut album, aptly named "Blue Stahli"!

"Don't speak, doublethink who you push around / You're mistaken if you're thinking that I'll back down / Whatcha gonna do? / Whatcha gonna say / When I give back all the hate you made? / (Right now) / (Break out) / (Takedown) / I wanna take you down / I wanna take you out / I wanna be the one to break your dignity / And all your empty pride / Will rot the hole inside / But you'd make a beautiful suicide"

Yeah, even the lyrics usually make you want to pick a fight with someone, anyone. ^^

Thanks for the Blue Stahli and Celldweller stuff. Downloaded a load of music and loving it all.

Offline Aeon

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 01:04:04 am »
Personally, I like Blue Stahli more, because I'm more into the guy's angry and aggressive-sounding stuff rather than Klayton's more tame beats. But anyway, glad you like them.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Hadou

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 02:23:49 am »
Personally, I like Blue Stahli more, because I'm more into the guy's angry and aggressive-sounding stuff rather than Klayton's more tame beats. But anyway, glad you like them.

I agree. Blue Stahli definitely has more stand out tracks with powerful melodies and such. I had a gaming session recently just playing through all the Blue Stahli stuff I downloaded, and it felt awesome. From what I could hear, there were not many (if any) songs that were not better than good.

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 06:58:21 am »
I liked all the Blue Stahli music as well! Even the lighter stuff. It just sounded very gamerish and is now a nice addition to my music library.

Oh I found some interesting Steampunk inspired music if anyone wants to take a listen. Look up Abney Park. Pretty interesting stuff.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 12:02:39 pm »
Weird that Blue Stahli pops up here  8) I also found his stuff a couple of months ago and bought Blue Stahli and Antisleep Vol. 01 immediately, and now that it is released Antisleep Vol. 02 as well. It's really good and energetic soundtrack-to-life-music.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o