Author Topic: I did it!  (Read 22537 times)

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Re: I did it!
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »
Thanks ~futilite~ and evilcandybag... Spreading genes is really fun, actually. I think I enjoy it this time even more than I did on first time :D Maybe I'm just getting by with less sleep and I'm get used to certain things... But yeah, I'm happy and so are baby, her mother and her proud big brother as well :)
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:17 am »
@thread

YES here's to pulling an all nighter and showing up on time at my job with time to spare!

Fuck that's awesome.   8)

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »
GO GRAVEHILL!!!!! Nah but seriously congrats dude!

Hadou

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 06:58:13 pm »
I don't get it. Why is it ridiculous? She's right about pretty much everything she says.

She says that the advertisers are partly to blame for piracy. That makes no sense what so ever. Why should Netflix give a shit about how Google are putting their ads on a website that is a competitor. Seriously.
She says that Google should give a shit about piracy. They are making money from it, why should they care?
She says that piracy is damaging content creators. That's correct, but they should get with it. Seriously, there is no way to stop the internet. Look at the Great Firewall of China for goodness sake. People are getting around that with VPNs among other things. Look at MaSu. They embraced piracy. They understand it, and if she wants to make money, she needs to understand it too. Yes piracy is wrong, but just because it's wrong doesn't mean it's going to stop all of a sudden.
[/rant]

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 07:24:52 pm »
She says that the advertisers are partly to blame for piracy.
[citation needed] - did she really say that? Where?
I guess I must have overheard that, because as far as I know she only said it was ironic the Netflix ads appeared next to pirated content.
She says that Google should give a shit about piracy. They are making money from it, why should they care?
Yeah well that's exactly what she said and that's 100% correct? ??? So how does your stance differ from hers?
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Hadou

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 09:48:09 pm »
She says that the advertisers are partly to blame for piracy.
[citation needed] - did she really say that? Where?
I guess I must have overheard that, because as far as I know she only said it was ironic the Netflix ads appeared next to pirated content.
Yeah well that's exactly what she said and that's 100% correct? ??? So how does your stance differ from hers?

You want citation? 10:58 onwards.
"I don't think they're blameless in all of this."
My stance differs in the fact that she believes Google should care, while I don't.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 02:08:13 pm »
Thanks, I really overheard that :) Yeah, that's bullshit.

My stance differs in the fact that she believes Google should care, while I don't.
Point taken, and I agree with you there.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica

Hadou

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:03 pm »
Thanks, I really overheard that :) Yeah, that's bullshit.

Point taken, and I agree with you there.

Haha I win teh internetz war!

On a more serious note, I don't particularly like engaging in this sort of tripe. However, I feel strongly that the issue of piracy has been over hyped and is made to seem worse than it actually is. Think about this - without piracy, I would never have found MaSu, and I've spent more on MaSu than I have on any other band/record label/any other music. Seriously, it's because I believe that their material is awesome. Not because I wouldn't pirate it. Because I did. That's what made me like them so much - I could easily listen to their releases, and decide whether I liked them. Bandcamp goes a long way to rectify this problem, and I wholeheartedly support what they're trying to achieve. So come on people, buy from Bandcamp.com!
[/another rant]

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2011, 01:52:38 am »
After a 14 hour long writing spree, I am finally done with and have handed in my bachelor's thesis in Computer Science.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2011, 02:25:18 am »
After a 14 hour long writing spree, I am finally done with and have handed in my bachelor's thesis in Computer Science.
Congratulations! What was your topic?

(I'm currently working on mine)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2011, 11:36:25 am »
I wrote a compiler from Haskell to JavaScript, in JavaScript.
There's a demo up at http://jshc.insella.se if you are interested (I don't really expect anyone except Haskell hackers to be).
It's got an Emacs style text editor with a built in compiler/interpreter terminal. If you are familiar with Haskell and GHCi/Hugs using it should be pretty intuitive. Enter your code in the Main.hs buffer and press C-x i to compile and start the interpreter. We only support a teeny subset of Haskell yet though, and the error messages are horrible. 

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2011, 03:41:06 pm »
That's pretty cool! :) It looks like so many cool JavaScript stuff is coming out these days, like the x86 emulator that went around the internet lately.
Unfortunately it's been over a year since I wrote some Haskell (and even then I just knew the basics)... took me a while that you have to import Prelude manually :)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »
That's pretty cool! :) It looks like so many cool JavaScript stuff is coming out these days, like the x86 emulator that went around the internet lately.
Unfortunately it's been over a year since I wrote some Haskell (and even then I just knew the basics)... took me a while that you have to import Prelude manually :)

Hm... it should be imported automatically, but then again, it's still very buggy. What browser are you using?
That x86 emu was pure dope. Me and a friend have been thinking of writing a C64 or NES emulator in JS, but since JS is a pain to code, I'll stick to this project as far as JS hacking goes.

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2011, 11:37:43 pm »

Hm... it should be imported automatically, but then again, it's still very buggy. What browser are you using?
That x86 emu was pure dope. Me and a friend have been thinking of writing a C64 or NES emulator in JS, but since JS is a pain to code, I'll stick to this project as far as JS hacking goes.

There's already a Java emulator for the NES (or two, actually), and probably something similar for the C64 too.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2011, 10:40:04 am »

There's already a Java emulator for the NES (or two, actually), and probably something similar for the C64 too.

Ah, no need for me to do it, then!