Author Topic: I did it!  (Read 22363 times)

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
Re: I did it!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 01:02:20 am »
Keepin it alive!

Made little a vid about food that tastes good and stuff! <:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAcrvi6Y7Z8

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 01:56:15 am »
...pretty funny shit. ;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 08:10:22 pm »
current accomplishment...

Getting back to the forums and getting my apartment clean.

Also.. finding the courage to speak out about GBLT rights and to deal with idiots who are trying to repress me and my freinds.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Aeon

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »
This topic will be about stuff that you have accomplished after a lot of hard work, with an added bonus of freaking out in happiness when you accomplished it, maybe.
See, this is why I can't have nice things. First off, I hate working hard. Secondly, I do believe that the process itself of achieving something is more enjoyable than the accomplishment of a task.

But do not listen to me. I am a wannabe NEET, apparently, as I hardly work at all, and am not quite right in the head.

On-topic:
I am not exactly accomplishing anything, but I am in the process of building this potentially ginormous earth shrine/research complex in Minecraft. I think I've read about WereVolvo's single player world in which he built a giant lava tower. Apparently, lava towers are one of the most popular things people come up with when they start thinking about constructing awesome stuff in the game. Cause the first thing I built after setting up a home cave, was a large vertical shaft with a staircase leading to the bottom of the Minecraft world. Then, I extended the staircase by erecting a tower till the very top of the world. It was made of glass, so I hollowed the massive supporting pillar in the middle and poured some lava in.

The only twist to my generic lava tower is, I made an observation area upon the top. And I accidentally shaped it so that now I have a giant, long, thin, glowing glass pen0r sticking out of the ground, with a helix staircase running inside of it

Then, I leveled an enormous hill with the planned rooftop level of my base. It took me about 7 hours and yielded tons of materials like sand, sandstone, cobble... Used up tens of shovels and mining picks for that operation.

After that, I built a great antechamber of my future research facility/earth shrine around the pillar inside the leveled hill, completely absorbing my former base cave in the process. I set up an indoor coppice/tree farm with a lookout area and a storage room, then built another hall/room which I am not completely sure what to do with. At the moment, I am busy exploring the sprawling cave system beneath the hill. It is ridiculously large, reaching from the bedrock layer (the bottom of the world) to the sea level and I must have used over 300 torches to light it up already. And I am not even donem there are still branches I haven't explored.

Then, I guess I will mine whatever valuables await inside. Cause so far I haven't touched most of the gold/coal/iron/redstone/lapis lazuli veins.

Nothing cool going on in real life at the moment.

EDIT:
OH YEAH I forgot I've actually done something recently: beaten Kaguya Houraisan's "Impossible Request - Dragon's Necklace (Normal)" spell card in Touhou 08 Eiyashou - Imperishable Night (translation from moonspeak: did something beyond the impossible, at least by my standards, in a video game). After 295 tries.

It felt like... nothing.
Then I tried to capture the spell card again. 450 tries in total and I still haven't managed to do it again. Hard gaem is hard I tell you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:31:09 pm by [Aeon] »
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 09:08:34 pm »
Yesterday I found the sublime bliss that is a bacon and chicken pizza.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 11:13:00 pm »
Yesterday I found the sublime bliss that is a bacon and chicken pizza.

Yum!
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2011, 12:06:23 am »
I did it. I become father 2nd time, this time to a babygirl. Been changing diapers and hanging around with my little princess for +week now :)
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Aeon

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 01:10:04 am »
I forgot I've actually done something recently: beaten Kaguya Houraisan's "Impossible Request - Dragon's Necklace (Normal)" spell card in Touhou 08 Eiyashou - Imperishable Night (translation from moonspeak: did something beyond the impossible, at least by my standards, in a video game). After 295 tries.

It felt like... nothing.
Then I tried to capture the spell card again. 450 tries in total and I still haven't managed to do it again. Hard gaem is hard I tell you.
Well today I tried once more. Suddenly - I beat the spell card again and again, 2 times in a row, then almost 3. I thought "damn I own this shit", but then I remembered how much my eyes hate me and decided to stop for now.

It was quite a nice surprise, though.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 11:34:09 am »
I went to the first concert in my life and lived through it.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline ~futilite~

• I have the [Sticky Lizard's Socks of Coolness] :)
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 02:56:07 pm »
I did it. I become father 2nd time, this time to a babygirl. Been changing diapers and hanging around with my little princess for +week now :)

Congrats to you and her mother, too :)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 04:11:34 pm »

Congratulations in spreading your genes even further! I trust you will raise an awesome new generation of Finns!

Hadou

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 04:21:02 pm »
I just watched this video:
http://vimeo.com/22541902

It took me a while to stop laughing.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 05:08:04 pm »

While she has some points, most of it is conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo and outright batshit nuts.

Hadou

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 05:28:09 pm »

While she has some points, most of it is conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo and outright batshit nuts.

Indeed. I found it hilarious when she said that advertisers were to blame for piracy. I seriously almost fell out of my chair.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 06:19:40 pm »
I don't get it. Why is it ridiculous? She's right about pretty much everything she says.

Of course, file sharing sites and ad providers like google do make money from pirated content. Of course, they don't give a shit. And of course, piracy in large parts doesn't happen out of altruism.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o