Author Topic: I did it!  (Read 22498 times)

Offline Rareitor

• Doctore
I did it!
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:05:36 pm »
This topic will be about stuff that you have accomplished after a lot of hard work, with an added bonus of freaking out in happiness when you accomplished it, maybe.

I'll start with what I finished today:

I described, after quite a few redos and tweaks, two 99:59 mm:ss clocks that can be exchanged (one pauses, the other works) with a pulse switch, all in VHDL.
Then I made it work.
Then I jizzed.

GO!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:11:02 pm by Rareitor »
The man in the box.

Offline Wheim

Re: I did it!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 01:51:08 pm »
Hehe, theres not many things that beats the feeling of accomplishment when your circuits do their job  ;D

I've just started using VHDL myself, and had some trouble to adapt to a language where everything happens in parallel, because the only programming language I have used earlier are sequential. So my circuits did all kinds of funny things.

But it sure is faster than programming everything at gate-level once you get the hang of it. :P

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:03:55 pm »
I won the first place jury award in a course on physically based simulation/animation 8)

with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdmDGssftUM
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:25:41 pm »
I've won an Xbox 360 in some shitty internet sweepstakes. Just sold it on ebay. Free 200$.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:31:21 pm »
I got full pvp gear on my feral druid.  8)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/machinae/simple
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Ziza

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 01:04:35 am »
Finally - after successfully passing the engineering exam in December, I finished designing an ECG analysis software, capable of filtering the signal (removing baseline wandering and wideband noises), detecting QRS complexes (with over 92% accuracy, which will be quite easy to improve even more in future) and, based on this detection, arrhythmias (including brady- and tachycardias and bundle branch blocks, the latter being something hardly any other software detects right now).
The software reads files with acquired ECG signal (like the ones generated by Holter monitor), computes heart rate and, despite still proving many failures (especially while analysing very noisy signals) will probably be developed further to correct all the errors and work in real time during the very acquisition of ECG signal from the patient.
Apparently it was awesome enough for the board of examiners to award me with my first degree ever - that is, engineer's degree.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 02:56:00 pm »
Finally - after successfully passing the engineering exam in December, I finished designing an ECG analysis software, capable of filtering the signal (removing baseline wandering and wideband noises), detecting QRS complexes (with over 92% accuracy, which will be quite easy to improve even more in future) and, based on this detection, arrhythmias (including brady- and tachycardias and bundle branch blocks, the latter being something hardly any other software detects right now).
The software reads files with acquired ECG signal (like the ones generated by Holter monitor), computes heart rate and, despite still proving many failures (especially while analysing very noisy signals) will probably be developed further to correct all the errors and work in real time during the very acquisition of ECG signal from the patient.
Apparently it was awesome enough for the board of examiners to award me with my first degree ever - that is, engineer's degree.

Grats! Really cool work, man!
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38:02 pm »

Grats! Really cool work, man!

^What he said!

Offline Night

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 05:00:32 pm »
Finally found the time to finish playing Xenosaga III.
Now im happy  :)
I used to be awesome like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »
I finally start cross training with desktop (PC) support at my job, and possibly have the chance to get off of my 3:30 PM -12:30 AM schedule!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 11:54:20 am »
I became the motherhumpin' Nerevarine in Morrowind a couple years ago

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 12:21:14 pm »
I became the motherhumpin' Nerevarine in Morrowind a couple years ago

You became a Radicz0r a long time ago. Dude what happened to Ant?? He needs to get back on these forums!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 01:06:44 pm »
I'll poke him on msn later, see if he'll swing by for a while, k?

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 03:33:37 pm »
Ant is pretty busy in school apparently. I haven't seen him on msn in ages.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »
Ah okay, well it's good to know he's still around here somewhere. Hopefully we'll see him on here sometime in the near future.  ;D