Author Topic: An epic of epicness: Scott Pilgrim vs the World  (Read 2281 times)

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
An epic of epicness: Scott Pilgrim vs the World
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:21:42 pm »
Shameless IMDB copy/paste below:

Scott Pilgrim plays in a band which aspires to success. He dates Knives Chau, a high-school girl five years his junior, and he hasn't recovered from being dumped by his former girlfriend, now a success with her own band. When Scott falls for Ramona Flowers, he has trouble breaking up with Knives and tries to romance Ramona. As if juggling two women wasn't enough, Ramona comes with baggage: seven ex-lovers, with each of whom Scott must do battle to the death in order to win Ramona.

Has anyone seen this awesome movie? I think you will all love it. The fact you love MaSu probably says something about your internest in popular culture, weird music and gaming. This movie has it all. I found it extremely enjoyable. I recommend you all go see it (if it plays in a theater near you, very unlikely) and otherwise, just download it. Please watch the Blu-Ray if you do, it's lovely.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_RrNCqCIPE

Besides, this started out as a comic / graphic novel. Now there's also a video game (Xbox Live Arcade).

PS: the music is awesome too. See this!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:25:37 pm by WilllemNL »

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: An epic of epicness: Scott Pilgrim vs the World
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:26:34 pm »
I've known about SP for a while but never been interested in the comics. When my girlfriend comes home from NY to visit me this weekend, though, we're gonna have a Scott Pilgrim day where we watch the movie and play the game together and eat Chinese food. Should be fun. ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:39:44 pm »
Oh my FUCKING GOD DUDE! I'm like the biggest fucking fan of Scott Pilgrim in Holland. Shame that there was not a topic about this earlier.
I've also seen the movie, yes, but imo, the comics are better. Here's the website: http://www.scottpilgrim.com/
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:36:49 am »
I watched the movie with my girlfriend, we both liked it.

Offline Muckwuddly

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 09:45:12 am »
Loved the comic, loved the game and loved the movie. :D

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »
Saw it when it first came out. Then saw it again! I havent read the comics but i have played the game and oh does it make me want to pull out my NES and SNES! The movie was epic win and i got it on DVD now and when i get a PS3 the Bluray as well. Dead ex's turn into coins xD