Author Topic: So we're travelling a long ways to see MaSu but...  (Read 6636 times)

Offline Will

So we're travelling a long ways to see MaSu but...
« on: October 16, 2010, 06:03:40 pm »
We have a problem :(. I live in England (Birmingham) and have been waiting for years for MaSu to come tour somewhere close. Since it hasn't been happening I'm coming over to MaSu! And when better than for the release party.  ;D Someone else (who will be posting below this  :P) is coming too and he's coming from Norway.

The problem we have is that we don't know the area at all. This is where we need YOU! We're not doing it on a big budget (students) and we'll obviously need somewhere to stay. Any recommendations from people living in the area of good hostels (or cheap hotels) that are clean and fairly central? Also places to eat? Any things in particular to see and do other than like.. MaSu and snow?

Looking at flying in late on the 24th November for the 4th album release party on the 27th November in LuleÃ¥ so if anyone wants to meet up for a few drinks or a meal would be assum  ;).

Offline John

Re: So we're travelling a long ways to see MaSu but...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 06:13:44 pm »
Yes, i would be that other guy from Norway.
Very much looking forward to it, and any kind of help as to suggestions for a place to stay like a  hostel / hotels, places to eat and such would be much appreciated.
Not much more to say really, Will covered it all in his post.

Help plox?

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 06:39:29 pm »
Kewl shit d00ds =)
Here you go:

http://www.citysleep.se/en/index.php
http://www.vandrarhemmetkronan.se/index-eng.html
http://web.telia.com/~u92017710/engstart.htm

"Vandrarhem" is swedish for "hostel" and prolly the cheapest hotelish way to stay in Luleå.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 07:32:52 pm »
Awsome.  Thats very helpful thanks=)
and wow at the speed of the reply, was expecting maybe to get a vague answer in a day or 2, But 30 minutes later theres a perfect answer:P

Clearly you were just lurking waiting for just such a post.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:20:56 pm »
I have like forum ocd or something...
If I'm even close to a computer I haf to check my regular waterholes... call it a feature. MaSu are here for you! =)

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:50:27 am »
Hey Will, that's some hardcore fan-being man! Can't really help you (I'm Dutch), but I want to wish you good luck going to Sweden and HAVE FUN! Make sure to get those autograhps on your cd's, ey?!  ;)

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 01:10:23 am »
Oh it wasent hard, i saw them in norway at Play! and then linked him 3 songs and he was hooked:P

Offline Will

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 01:28:24 am »
Major <3 for the links Dezo  ;D gonna book one of those up tonight methinks. Thanks Willem! Have aaalways wanted to see MaSu live - actually squealed (John can back me up  on this o.O) when I found out they were holding a release party and that I could make the dates! Very excited, don't know how I'm going to manage to wait that long :P. I'll be trying to get everything autographed, hands, chest, shirts.. I'll never wash again  ::)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 01:46:39 am »
Yeah, he's awesome that way. Actually, the entire band is pretty cool and friendly, which I suspect helps a lot with fan loyalty.

It would have been really neat to catch that release party, but the timing is less than ideal. You're lucky bastards, both of you (though I suppose I shouldn't complain, I've actually met most of the band. Still, I'd like to get to see them live...I suspect that would be rather entertaining).
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 02:01:18 am »
Think you can tell Will is getting psyched alreaddy, i swear he's not normally this, extreme:P

And yeah we're very happy to catch the release party=)

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 05:39:43 pm »
If needed, I can probably put a few  people up 'round the gig (for free, ofc). If it's interesting, gimme a shout.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »
That does sound interesting, and very kind of you to offer. Will have a chat with Will and browse the links provided earlier and such and come back to you on that.
We're still in the process of ordering plane tickets and such so we don't know when we're landing and leaving, or even what day. Should be sorted and have dates and such in a few days tops.
Thanks for the offer again.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 01:11:36 am »
I'd just like to say, then, that staying with gaijin is a pretty good choice. Several of us visited him in the winter of '08, and he didn't kill and eat any of us. The place, if it's the same that we stayed in when in Luleå, is a bit away from the city itself, but it worked well for us.

Just watch out for his dog. He's just like a playful little puppy, really, except he's huge.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 10:10:47 pm »
Just watch out for his dog. He's just like a playful little puppy, really, except he's huge.

Much like me.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Will

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 11:19:36 pm »
That's reeeeally awesome of you to offer Gaijin, may well end up taking you up on your offer. Cheers Torp  :P, you answered my next question to Gaijin of "do you have a dungeon and/ or an altar in your basement" so that's good news. Dogs aren't a problem, as long as we make it along to see and hear MaSu on the saturday I wouldn't mind loosing an arm or two all that much  ;D. As John said we haven't finalised the plane tickets yet but we'll let you know as soon as we do if you're still sure you don't mind. At the moment it's looking like I'll be arriving late wednesday / early thursday and leaving on the sunday. Would imagine John will do similar. Will let you know anyway asap.