Author Topic: Gaming Monthly: May  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Gaming Monthly: May
« on: May 06, 2004, 01:55:54 am »
Yeh its late but here it is.

What are we playing in the glorious month of may? shouldnt we all be outside enjoying the spring weather?

Welll I finally stopped playing star wars galaxies.

STILL playing the UT2K4 demo a fair bit...reinstalled the Oni demo to do some video capture, its suuuuch a good game! if youve never played it i'm sure you can pick it up for like £5 somewhere, jsut dont get the PS2 version - it sucks.

Probably on sundayish I'm gonna reinstall mech 4 and have a  grand duel with my good man Mike in aid of video capture...

also it is my birthday on the 12th so i'll get a tonne of cash....might invest in a game or 2, any suggestions?

chompy

Re:Gaming Monthly: May
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 02:12:07 am »
You can try http://www.nkzone.com/ which I am playing at the moment. Its a racing simulation game, free and its a good one at that.

Also  a bit of CS here and there, a game I both like and hate.

I'm not playing much more than that.

Offline Deghar

• ^_^
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 12:09:38 pm »
Still DAoC ^_^
Uuh... pie?

Offline V-man

• .SID Vicious
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 01:45:34 pm »
Hmm... Let's see... Still playing way too much Natural Selection, (best HL-mod ever, way better and addictive than CS). Just finished Painkiller, good game... my kind of game. Just tried out Hitman Contracts and Manhunt but didn't stick to any of those. But now they have released free versions of Starsiege Tribes and Tribes 2, so i'll probably try those out.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 02:13:44 pm »
Civ 3m over and over again :D

And my newly bought gamecube! (36 quidbrand new with metroid prime but swapped for PSO) PSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 god i love this game way WAY to much in so many wrong WRONG ways. Anyone play PSO?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 02:14:36 pm by BloodAngel »
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 02:14:04 pm »
When I'm not working, or out ,or doing something else altogether; the only game I play at the moment is Civilization III with expansion. Rah!

Offline Poisoned

• Go Panda Go!
    • GraveZero
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 04:40:33 pm »
Games i'm playing right now... Halo, and my old games. I've tried out Painkiller, was very good but doesn't run on MY computer. Also Ut2k4 but again doesn't run on my computer. Most new games don't unfortunately.

Grave Zero, coming atcha.

Offline Fullyard

• Don't mess with Fullyard!
hehe
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 06:07:00 pm »
playing again with my weener ..... (im solo again... read more about that in general forum lol) again.....

Dloaded myself COH (City Of Heroes) which is fun  fun fun  , playing champions of norrath still from time to time on the ps2 and looking foward to get  soul calibur 2 on the ps2, as well as gladius (from lucas arts)

chompy

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 03:04:38 am »
But now they have released free versions of Starsiege Tribes and Tribes 2, so i'll probably try those out.
I had been going to download that yesterday. To my supprise they ran out of CD-keys. I said like wtf is up with that, I've also herd they will provide some more CD-keys shortly

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 08:58:17 am »
Well I want to save up for an X-box, but its gonna take a few months because I'm paying for my laptop at the moment. I'm also trying to find some Castlevania, but Reading seems to be completely dry, I'll have'ta try amazon. Currently playing FFVIII with my girl.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 10:23:07 am »
But now they have released free versions of Starsiege Tribes and Tribes 2, so i'll probably try those out.
I had been going to download that yesterday. To my supprise they ran out of CD-keys. I said like wtf is up with that, I've also herd they will provide some more CD-keys shortly

lol no way, i might get tribes 2

prolly wont b bothered with tribes 1 - i played it to death back in the day

chompy

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 11:17:28 am »
I could download Tribe1 from Gamespy, but Tribes 2 was where it was at. Didn't Tribes2 also have the maps from Tribes 1???

Oh yea I've just recently purchased IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion pack. I like it!! I recommend if if you like flight simulators and you have a joystick.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 07:02:43 pm »
Does anyone know how i can paly civ3 online without gamespy arcade?
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 11:36:46 pm »
no idea....arcade is a dodgy arsed program tho, i dont blame u for bein hesitant...bring back mplayer!!

Offline Gauntlet

• I'm a llama!
    • A Great & Majestic Empire
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 01:45:53 am »
Currently getting to grips with Farcry...its damn tough in places.

UT2004 is high on my fav list at the moment along with Halo (now i got a pc that will run it well enough).

Also JumpGate and MAME eat up any free time i have left after the above mentioned games have had there pound of flesh.