Author Topic: 4th studio album?  (Read 150865 times)

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
Re: 4th studio album?
« Reply #600 on: October 21, 2010, 11:53:26 pm »
Congrats for being on P3, that's pretty big.
Lovely song. Cool thing they picked such a game-ish song.

Offline Arashikatsu

• Victory Storm
« Reply #601 on: October 21, 2010, 11:56:46 pm »
It sounds nothing like Dragonforce to me.. but that's because it actually sounds good :P (inb4 the fire and the flaming me.. ooh see what i did there..)
The only thing that could sound similar to Dragonforce in Shinigami is the fast paced drumming during a few verses..
But Shinigami sounds great to me :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:01:36 am by Arashikatsu »

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2010, 12:01:04 am »
Yeah, I can kind of see what that guy meant with Dragonforce. Nevertheless, this song is goddamn awesome.

Edit: That is indeed a good portion of SID in there.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Muckwuddly

« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2010, 12:05:00 am »
Shitty wma rip of the song. If anyone can do it better I will remove this

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8HB5NFR
Check the seven seas. ;)

Kickass song btw. Every song you release is getting better and better. I'm probably going to die from eargazm when the album comes.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2010, 12:11:25 am »
Wow. Thats four that have rocked my socks. Somebody freakin' owes me a pack of socks.

But yeah, Shinigami was great. Been wanting to hear that since I recently found Death Note and loved it.

Maaaaaan, album is so close I can taste it.  ;D

I guess now the song I'm dying to hear is Cybergenesis.... and the rest of the album, whom's I be kiddin?

Edit: Also, to join the discussion here, I honestly do not like Dragonforce. I've listened to some of their stuff and meh, just not a Dragonforce fan. I can see why people would like them though. With that being said, I loved Shinigami. I did not even THINK of Dragonforce when I listened to it. Didn't even remotely cross my mind. I don't see where anyone could make that comparison, but I guess it's all subjective to what you hear and what you like.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:13:33 am by Drakonis »

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2010, 01:44:18 am »
Yeah, GD have evidently done two things:

1) Desperately claw around for a comparison in something that's incomparable.

2) Only listened the first 10 seconds of each song. If you do that then, yes, Shinigami will sound a lot like Dragonforce - fast paced drum and SID that sounds like Li tapping. If they listened to the rest of the song they'd notice it's completely different.

Gratz on being on P3 - didn't know what that was but it's sounds like a big deal :)

Offline Muckwuddly

« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2010, 01:46:51 am »
Yeah, GD have evidently done two things:

1) Desperately claw around for a comparison in something that's incomparable.

2) Only listened the first 10 seconds of each song. If you do that then, yes, Shinigami will sound a lot like Dragonforce - fast paced drum and SID that sounds like Li tapping. If they listened to the rest of the song they'd notice it's completely different.

Gratz on being on P3 - didn't know what that was but it's sounds like a big deal :)

True on the review thing. I honestly believe that many reviewers don't actually sit down and listen to the album, just listening to it once or twice through speakers and writing the review meanwhile. (This is not just for the Masu album, this is reviewers in whole.)

And P3 is one of the biggest radio stations in Sweden. :)

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2010, 02:11:37 am »
I can see where the DF reference comes from... the fast drum sections and synth'd sounds inside them are not dissimilar. That said, I wouldn't have drawn the comparison myself.

Also, the SNES-like synth starting about 1:52 reminds me incredibly of TMNT for the SNES.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Schattenjaeger

« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2010, 02:52:21 am »
Shinigami has pushed Forced Feedback aside and taken the throne as my favorite for this album.

The possibility that any other song could be MORE awesome is frightening, in the "will the MaSu fans' neighbors survive the sonic onslaught" sense.

Oh yes. This is aural sex. Repeat ad nauseum and not getting old yet.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:10:04 am by Schattenjäger »

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2010, 07:09:51 am »
I just want to thank the band for making the wait for this album a little less painful. <3

Offline Schattenjaeger

« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2010, 07:22:46 am »
I just want to thank the band for making the wait for this album a little less painful. <3

Less?! How? I can only assume these four songs are the tip of the iceberg of Epic.

The wait, it kills. Slowly.

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #611 on: October 22, 2010, 07:29:57 am »

Less?! How? I can only assume these four songs are the tip of the iceberg of Epic.

The wait, it kills. Slowly.

It's better than not hearing any of it and waiting and entire agonizing month after putting the money down for the pre-order before hearing any of it. They release one song, then we listen a lot, and we get occupied figuring out the lyrics on the forums together, and as soon as we start getting antsy for more, another release, and repeat. At least we get a little new MaSu in our system before the album arrives. I am still mega-hype for the rest though, 9 more songs to hear, wooooo!

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2010, 11:44:20 am »

P3 is Swedish national radio. Being played on P3 is a good way to get into the conciousness of the common populace in Sweden.

To illustrate: the song "Boten Anna" (later released as "Now you're gone" internationally) was released as an IRC in-joke and floated around on the intarwebs for about 6-12 months, before someone at P3 decided to give it some airtime. Just one or two months later of occasional airplay, the song was a national phenomenon which everyone had heard or heard of (although the IRC in-jokes were of course lost on them).
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Muckwuddly

« Reply #613 on: October 22, 2010, 12:32:54 pm »

P3 is Swedish national radio. Being played on P3 is a good way to get into the conciousness of the common populace in Sweden.

To illustrate: the song "Boten Anna" (later released as "Now you're gone" internationally) was released as an IRC in-joke and floated around on the intarwebs for about 6-12 months, before someone at P3 decided to give it some airtime. Just one or two months later of occasional airplay, the song was a national phenomenon which everyone had heard or heard of (although the IRC in-jokes were of course lost on them).

Hehe, I derped so much when people thought they were singing about a boat.

Offline Amdor

• Redemption is yours!
    • Last.fm
« Reply #614 on: October 22, 2010, 01:18:07 pm »
Of course the songs on the new album sound all alike - they all have guitars, drums and vocals*.
You should employ a quintet of trumpets, a horn and bagpipes next time.

*maybe excluding World of Light?
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
-----------------------------------------------------------
<dezo> Let's not do anymore albums?
<gazosx> awesome idea