Author Topic: 4th studio album?  (Read 153352 times)

Offline Crazywater

Re: 4th studio album?
« Reply #570 on: October 21, 2010, 01:44:56 am »
The autotuning is not that hard actually. The emphasis on some phrases when dubbed makes the tuning shine through a bit more then usual tho... either that or Gazz went crazy and did the final mix with the worst of the takes and the autotune went nuts... =)
What, you guys are really using autotune-stuff?  :D I thought that was just a joke and an effect of multiple voices and lots of compressor combined with Robert getting a clearer intonation with more and more practice... oh well  ::)
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline MarioMaster100

• Atari & arcade music formed my chiptune love.
« Reply #571 on: October 21, 2010, 04:26:54 am »
I'm assuming you guys are putting Rocket Dragon on YouTube as well?

Signature and avatar credits to: MFreak and others from n-forums.com

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #572 on: October 21, 2010, 09:26:17 am »
When you record vocals you record 2-3 takes that are all heard simultaneously. Then, add on top of that, 4 vocal harmony tracks.

Can you imagine what that would sound like without processing? 7 people trying to hold a perfect chord. It's impossible. All harmonies and dubs are tuned to not garble the mix. It doesn't matter what genre we're talking about, any pro recording will have tuner applied to the dubs and harmonies, if albeit varying degrees of it.

Some examples where it is really apparent: Bad Religion. You've all heard those "aaahs" in the background. You think those would sound that "steady" if not tuned? They wouldn't.

If you know what to listen for, you'll find this in everything from Celine Dion to In Flames. Sorry guys, whoever thought tuning was just for T-Pain, I hate to break it to you: It's a required ingredient of pro recording.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Muckwuddly

« Reply #573 on: October 21, 2010, 10:33:08 am »
When you record vocals you record 2-3 takes that are all heard simultaneously. Then, add on top of that, 4 vocal harmony tracks.

Can you imagine what that would sound like without processing? 7 people trying to hold a perfect chord. It's impossible. All harmonies and dubs are tuned to not garble the mix. It doesn't matter what genre we're talking about, any pro recording will have tuner applied to the dubs and harmonies, if albeit varying degrees of it.

Some examples where it is really apparent: Bad Religion. You've all heard those "aaahs" in the background. You think those would sound that "steady" if not tuned? They wouldn't.

If you know what to listen for, you'll find this in everything from Celine Dion to In Flames. Sorry guys, whoever thought tuning was just for T-Pain, I hate to break it to you: It's a required ingredient of pro recording.

Yes, ofc.
However, Auto Tune != Post Proccessing, should be noted.
Fixing a minor error here 'n there is no biggie, auto-tuning the whole thing is bad (Like every other rapper today). ;)

Also, after listening to the song for real and with headphones, I didn't actually hear anything outstandingly auto-tuned (where you could actually hear that THIS is auto-tuned). Weird.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #574 on: October 21, 2010, 11:56:30 am »
Rocket Dragon reminds me of something from Jets 'N' Guns. Can't put my finger on it exactly, though... Rocket Dragon is an easy listen. I don't like it as much as the the two other tracks, but it's good nontheless. I think this is going to be a great sing along live (for those who will be there).

Offline lucmat

« Reply #575 on: October 21, 2010, 01:40:25 pm »
I like Rocket Dragon very much. It's a very cool melody which remains in my ear even I don't listen the song. Same thing with the Force Feedback chorus by the way. It is hard to describe how amazing the new songs are. It's like: "put all existing Machinae Songs into a blender, press start and the mixed shit is like a huge orgasm" I love the new album, even it isn't out yet.

Btw, has anyone recognized that with "A View from the End of the Word" Machinae Supremacy is celebrating their 10th Anniversary of Band history? Congratulations from me for this capacity. MaSu I looooooove yooooou!!!!!1111one *screams like a teenage girl*
Greetz, lucmat

Offline Member

• http://araki-member.uw.hu
« Reply #576 on: October 21, 2010, 02:15:20 pm »
I'm doing a Jehova Waitresses strategy at the moment, I listen' to Rocket Dragon as many times az possible to start to hear it more unique than the first time. :P

Offline Inkognito

• cmd. Zavtrak
« Reply #577 on: October 21, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »
Rocket Dragon definitely needs moar... female vocals, IMO :P Especially in the "run, run away" part.
I haven't noticed anything special in it, but however, it's good old MaSu style. Rocket Dragon is one of these songs that have made me become a huge fan of the band.
Needless to say, that waiting for the album is unbearable for me now.

Offline Tolkki

• A bane to evil.
« Reply #578 on: October 21, 2010, 03:44:35 pm »
Downsides to the album include the fact that all the songs sound very alike.
From Global Domination's review on the album... But whut is this? The three songs we already have are nothing like alike, what have they listened???
Lurkkers gonna lurk.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #579 on: October 21, 2010, 04:23:47 pm »
"I haven't noticed anything special in it.."
"Rocket Dragon is one of these songs that have made me become a huge fan of the band."

....so.. you're.. saying you like.. songs that just aren't that special? ;D
MEDIO-CORE!

"It's not forsaken
The music they're makin'
Will leave you with a feeling of indifference
How was the band?
They were okay
Not great
But pretty good
They played the songs I knew they would
Some old
Some new
The same formula stays true
We can concur
It's medio-core"

NOFX - Medio-core
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #580 on: October 21, 2010, 04:40:10 pm »
Thus far, Force Feedback is my fave. Something tells me I'll like it even more without the compression blurring guitar riffs together.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Member

• http://araki-member.uw.hu
« Reply #581 on: October 21, 2010, 06:29:10 pm »
The three songs we already have are nothing like alike, what have they listened???
At first I thought this so. Modern Metal sound, SID in the back, slow chorus, sad atmosphere.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #582 on: October 21, 2010, 07:13:36 pm »
Downsides to the album include the fact that all the songs sound very alike.
From Global Domination's review on the album... But whut is this? The three songs we already have are nothing like alike, what have they listened???

"It even features those typical SID noises made by the SNES in the early ages of video gaming (and metal)."
That quote explains their level of both music and computer knowledge.

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #583 on: October 21, 2010, 07:30:28 pm »
Quote from global domination: "Except that one song (the seventh one) that really does sound like DragonForce a bit too much, haha…"
Robert's description of track 7: "A SID-punk anthem that combines elements from songs like 'Sid Icarus', 'Return to Snake Mountain' and 'Overworld'."

Something doesn't seem right...

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #584 on: October 21, 2010, 07:46:07 pm »
Yeah, claiming that Shinigami has any similarity to DragonForce is just plain idiotic.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?