Author Topic: 4th studio album?  (Read 150766 times)

Hadou

Re: 4th studio album?
« Reply #465 on: October 11, 2010, 08:12:56 pm »
I'm a little annoyed by all the guys here who shoot with big double barrels on Overworld saying it lacked this or that, which the new songs totally have. I was here when Overworld was released, and the reactions were the exact same ones as today. Everyone was stroking himself real hard over the new songs saying they were awesome and epic and more mature. So you all loved the album. And now you say it was not that good, not enough SID etc... It's a little confusing. I know you're not hypocrites, so why suddenly say that Overworld was just okay when at the time of the release it was the best stuff in the galaxy?

I had not heard of Machinae Supremacy beforebefore Overworld came out. My friend sent me one of their one site release tracks (Fury, if you ask) and I then downloaded Overworld. I joined the "MaSu is awesome!!!!1111" clan late, but nevertheless, I am here. I loved Overworld as soon as I listened to it. Personally, I think it is awesome, and on a par with redeemer and DxM, if not better.
I am afraid to say I torrented all MaSu's albums (don't worry, I have bought Overworld and Redeemer RE, and plan to buy the rest when I can afford them) but if I hadn't, I would never have discovered how awesome their retail cds were.
I can't wait for EOTW and I can't wait for any other albums they release, for free or not. Machinae Supremacy will be a band I will always have faith in (the are made of pure win and awesome) and will always be a band I am prepared to buy music from, no questions asked, with no hypocrysm about whether I like a song when it is release.
:D

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #466 on: October 11, 2010, 08:33:06 pm »
I love Overworld Xarion.  ???

In fact, I usually use Overworld tracks to introduce people to Machinae. I typically work my way backwards since it just seems to ease people not familiar with this sort of thing into it. Overworlds overall sound quality was top notch. As for me, I keep everything from site releases to Overworld on my playlist. I don't find anything lacks any particular instrument, it's just good music. Sid is awesome, but not required en mass to make a good song.  ;D

With that being said I don't think I've seen anyone flame Overworld but maybe I missed it. If so, poo on them! ;)

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #467 on: October 11, 2010, 08:50:49 pm »
Overworld was, I think, conceived and created as a more mainstream album to try and draw in people who might be off put by the unique sound of MaSu if they were not weened to it by liking the band and then the music, rather than the other way around (for those of us who were introduced to MaSu through the web tracks/DXM/RUE), as noted by Drakonis. I, too, introduce people to MaSu largely through Overworld, excepting those I know are enough like me to dig the SiD-heavy early stuff. EOTW, on the other hand, in a tour de force return to their roots; now the people who came to them via Overworld are going to learn what MaSu is really all about.

And the hardcore fans get to drool more = P

As far as I know the songs off EOTW are just available for streaming, right?

True, however:
Nova Prospekt is now also sailing away.  O0
Take that as you will = P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:55:29 pm by Schattenjäger »
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #468 on: October 11, 2010, 09:32:56 pm »
That's not the same. Here, they release some songs to promote the album. They are not just songs we get for free. They're on an album which will be sold. In order for this album to be sold, it needs to be promoted a bit, so the band teases us with some extracts of the album. Hope it was clear enough dude :s

As far as I know the songs off EOTW are just available for streaming, right?

Yep, you're absolutely right, that's a far simplier explanation ahah. They don't give away free songs anymore, now the songs are available for streaming only. Good point!

@Hadou & Drakonis : hell yeah I'm glad you still hold Overworld in high esteem guys! Overworld hasn't been exactly flamed, but I'm fearing it might head that way... Schweinsteiger you're right, Overworld is a more maintream album. But I think it's a more mature one too. An album in which they digested the SID side of their music to incorporate it in a more subtle way. Meaning that the moments when we hear SID clearly (Overworld, Stand, Conveyer) it blows our souls. But I can understand that for someone who came to love MaSu with DXM (not my category, I discovered them thanx to Redeemer), Overworld could have been a bit of a disappointment. But it's an album so powerful... I've never ever heard a riff as headbanging as the one which starts Overworld. I still listen to that song twice a week at the least, because it justs pumps me up and pushes me to 200%.
-sorry about this new post-

Hadou

« Reply #469 on: October 11, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »
Yep, you're absolutely right, that's a far simplier explanation ahah. They don't give away free songs anymore, now the songs are available for streaming only. Good point!

@Hadou & Drakonis : hell yeah I'm glad you still hold Overworld in high esteem guys! Overworld hasn't been exactly flamed, but I'm fearing it might head that way... Schweinsteiger you're right, Overworld is a more maintream album. But I think it's a more mature one too. An album in which they digested the SID side of their music to incorporate it in a more subtle way. Meaning that the moments when we hear SID clearly (Overworld, Stand, Conveyer) it blows our souls. But I can understand that for someone who came to love MaSu with DXM (not my category, I discovered them thanx to Redeemer), Overworld could have been a bit of a disappointment. But it's an album so powerful... I've never ever heard a riff as headbanging as the one which starts Overworld. I still listen to that song twice a week at the least, because it justs pumps me up and pushes me to 200%.

Well said Xarion. As I said before, I joined the machinaebandwagon during late 2008, and being 15, Machinae Supremacy started making sweet sweet music before I even learned how to use a computer!

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #470 on: October 12, 2010, 02:06:01 am »
I too use Overworld to introduce MaSu, but not because I think it's a more mainstream sound, but because it feels like the highest quality music they have done. and I don't think Overworld lacked in SID, it was just not as consistent , few tracks with large SID and few tracks not so much. Sid Icarus, well let's say that it's appropriately named :P. Then Conveyor with a SID solo, Violator has a very prominent SID the entire time, and then Overworld, Need for Steve, and Gimmie Gimmie deliver the SID very well. Then the rest of the tracks are lacking, and it's usually the slower stuff, and idk about you guys, but I fucking love the slow MaSu as much as the SID-rage MaSu. Anyways, there is my 2 cents. I just appreciate the variety and style given by the band. \m/

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #471 on: October 12, 2010, 02:18:15 am »
Overworld was, I think, conceived and created as a more mainstream album
And I think Machinae wouldn't give a shit about being mainstream or not ;)

To be honest, I also have been getting a bit bored of Overworld lately, but maybe that's because it has been around so long already and I've listened to it too much. But maybe that is also because Redeemer had a greater diversity in style. I don't know.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Shalinar

« Reply #472 on: October 12, 2010, 04:33:57 am »
To be honest, I also have been getting a bit bored of Overworld lately, but maybe that's because it has been around so long already and I've listened to it too much. But maybe that is also because Redeemer had a greater diversity in style. I don't know.

I agree with this. Overworld has my favorite guitar tone evar, i love it so much, especially in songs like Overworld and Stand and like all the others XD However, I don't think that, as an album, Overworld was as strong as Redeemer or DXM. While Overworld has some of my all-time favorite MaSu songs, it also has some of my least favorite of their songs (still awesome, just not AS good, imho). Redeemer is a better album to me, it's got so much variety in the styles and tones and everything, it's just such an amazingly diverse album, and I love every song on it. I also slightly prefer Deus Ex Machinae over Overworld, simply because I love all the songs on DXM (cept one), but I dont love as many on Overworld. I dunno, Overworld is still great, and a helluva lotta fun to listen to, I just prefer their other albums :)
Also, Im part of the group that joined the bandwagon during the Redeemer days, so I got to experience later and earlier stuff than when I joined :)

Besides, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that EOTW sounds like it is going to completely blow us away as Machinae Supremacy expands and transcends their own work, from the songs we've heard so far :D :D :D

Offline MarioMaster100

• Atari & arcade music formed my chiptune love.
« Reply #473 on: October 12, 2010, 06:35:48 am »
I love you guys' music!!! Force Feedback and Nova Prospekt Force blew my mind (in all contexts of the word)!!! ForceFeedback and Nova Prospekt were eargasms/musicgasms/(SID)metalgasms!!! I can't wait for the new album and all the other albums I'm getting from you guys for my birthday!!!

Edit: Also to me the new songs sound more metal and have more predominant SID \m/ !!! Also Nova Prospekt sounded kinda power metal to me :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:43:42 am by MarioMaster100 »

Signature and avatar credits to: MFreak and others from n-forums.com

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2010, 11:47:27 am »
Yay for Nova Prospekt  :)
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline F0X

« Reply #475 on: October 12, 2010, 01:42:15 pm »
I have a feeling this album is going to be a perfect mix between DeM / Redeemer and Overworld. Awesome lively songs, good use of SID, great vocals and awesome guitar / synth / drum play.

By the way... Nova Prospekt, isn't that a reference to Half-Life 2?

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
« Reply #476 on: October 12, 2010, 02:03:07 pm »
By the way... Nova Prospekt, isn't that a reference to Half-Life 2?

Very much so.
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #477 on: October 12, 2010, 04:44:25 pm »
Ya. Interesting choice too, even if you aren't a half-life fan I recommend googling "Nova Prospekt Wiki". Interesting story behind that place, pretty cool to select it as the song title. ;)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #478 on: October 12, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »
I've ripped the .mp4's off the official Youtube page (the 720p ones) and they seem to be higher quality than the Facebook player rips.. I'm not 100% sure but the filesizes are definitely bigger - may be because of the video though but they do come out as 20.5mb and 21.5mb instead of ~10mb of the FB player rips..

As I said though, probably just because of the huge 720p picture. Although it is pretty cool - would be interesting to rip that out and probably make an unofficial wallpaper :P

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #479 on: October 12, 2010, 07:33:39 pm »
Yup, if it contains video then it's definitely bigger, but not exactly of higher quality. Youtube tends to compress audio when you upload files, regardless of quality.