Author Topic: 4th studio album?  (Read 153380 times)

Offline Socramon

Re: 4th studio album?
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2010, 11:20:23 am »

If her voice is anywhere near as good as she looks then Force Feedback will be epicwin.

It is ;)

We? They? You are just the sound engineer.  :P

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2010, 01:58:10 pm »
need album or i die
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2010, 07:03:49 pm »

Offline Shalinar

« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2010, 09:03:53 pm »

This doesn't sound right. I went through the list of Rock Band Network songs. I found many bands outside of the US, both independent and signed, in RBN. One in particular, Amberian Dawn of Spinefarm Records, from Finland has a song called "Lionheart" on the RBN store. Maybe they recently changed their policy, but I don't think it's only available to American bands, unless I am missing something????

I dunno personally, I've never tried. Thats just what Rob said, and I remember thinking that was super exclusive of RBN to not allow other bands. Are you sure that Amberian Dawn song is not just a cover, as Chronologix suggested doing for a Machinae song? I know back when I played Guitar Hero, many of the songs were covers, and it would say things such as "Beast and the Harlot, as made famous by Avenged Sevenfold", stuff like that.

Offline lucmat

« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2010, 10:01:09 pm »
need album or i die

In the pouring rain?

lol, that's a real insider ^^ Real Funny ;)

To be not off topic anymore, what's about my last band releated question about "War Angel" which was mentioned from dezo one year ago? Now that the track list for the new Album is out, and "War Angel" isn't count on the list, I'm even more interested of the track.

hehe, as you all know we actually enjoy releasing stuff at random for free.
Mebbe it's time to bring it to spinefarm and release War Angel...
So when it must be brought to spinefarm, it couldn't anything to do with the Hubnester War Angels Soundtrack. Is it a canceled track or a song on ice/work in progress like "Player Two" or "Sidstar"?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:05:58 pm by lucmat »
Greetz, lucmat

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2010, 10:20:24 pm »
Are you sure that Amberian Dawn song is not just a cover, as Chronologix suggested doing for a Machinae song?

AFAIK there are no covers on RBN, plus it's available for both Europe and US, since it's out of open beta.

Offline __sdfg

« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2010, 05:15:21 am »
This doesn't sound right. I went through the list of Rock Band Network songs. I found many bands outside of the US, both independent and signed, in RBN. One in particular, Amberian Dawn of Spinefarm Records, from Finland has a song called "Lionheart" on the RBN store. Maybe they recently changed their policy, but I don't think it's only available to American bands, unless I am missing something????

I think Robert was talking about this part of the program terms:

2.1. U.S. Residents Only. You must be a legal resident of the United States, its territories or its possessions.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure those terms only apply to the person who charts the songs, and there are people who'll chart songs for bands who don't have the time/interest/citizenship to do it themselves.  For example, I've seen this group (link) mentioned a couple times while lurking on ScoreHero (not an endorsement by any means, just a name that I remembered).  If MaSu were to give their masters to a group like that, they could get their songs on RBN, in exchange for giving the charting group a share of the royalties.  Shades of the label system >_<, though I suppose it would also be possible for a few U.S. people on this board to do the charting/uploading without taking a cut.

Really, though, there's no point in worrying about RBN until it has been updated to support the Rock Band 3 keyboard.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 05:17:31 am by __sdfg »

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2010, 05:18:14 am »
Really, though, there's no point in worrying about RBN until it has been updated to support the Rock Band 3 keyboard.

True. Would totally be worth waiting for a while to get epic SID charts.   :D

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2010, 09:44:31 pm »
There are companies who take your money (500usd per song) to chart and put your songs on RBN if you are not american.

I'm not sure we really have the budget for that, and also it makes me a little bit uneasy to include a middle man in something like this. It's really stupid that we even have to, I really don't get why the services isn't just available for everyone.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2010, 10:12:55 pm »
I'm not sure we really have the budget for that, and also it makes me a little bit uneasy to include a middle man in something like this. It's really stupid that we even have to, I really don't get why the services isn't just available for everyone.

Well, if it really is that way, then I'd say better spend your money to produce some awesome merchandise or whatever.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2010, 10:14:15 pm »
Troo.
All this copyright/digital rights/release shit is getting on mah nerves.
We're from teh interwebs ffs.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2010, 10:37:39 pm »
Anything stopping y'all from using an American contact to do it? I dunno the specifics of such things, but there's plenty of us that would be thrilled to help if we can.

Fortunately I think were all way more excited about the album than RBN, lol.  ;D

How you guys feeling about the release? I figure you guys gotta be as anxious as us. ;)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2010, 10:43:04 pm »
We'll monitor the RBN and see what happens in the month or two ahead, and at some point I'm sure we'll take some form of action to make that happen. I really want our music to be on the RBN as well.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2010, 01:26:35 am »
I think the US is just a little paranoid about copyright and "teh intarnetz"

Alot of US based online programs and stores are doing 2 things recently, 1 is restrict access to only US citizens, and the second is open access to international means.

Example was Newegg, you used to only be able to get things as a US citizen, now they have some "wider" arrangements, whereas something like AdultSwim, only allows access to US citizens, when they previously allowed all information to international countries.

We are just in an unlucky state of affairs when you try and deal with American businesses as an international provider. :P

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2010, 02:05:15 am »
We'll monitor the RBN and see what happens in the month or two ahead, and at some point I'm sure we'll take some form of action to make that happen. I really want our music to be on the RBN as well.

Maybe if you contact Harmonix directly, and if they like your music enough, they can get you into official DLC. That way I don't think you would have to pay a dime, your tracks would be charted by the pros at harmonix and could include the pro mode for guitar and keyboard, and it's probably better publicity and money to be included in official DLC as opposed to RBN.

I'll stop talking about Rock Band now... :P