Author Topic: 4th studio album?  (Read 155049 times)

Offline Socramon

Re: 4th studio album?
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2010, 05:51:59 pm »
Upside in ordering, in Finland, from a website (or a strore) is that it effects on the charts.
Downside, band may not get as much ferraris.

We? They? You are just the sound engineer.  :P

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2010, 05:55:45 pm »
Upside in ordering, in Finland, from a website (or a strore) is that it effects on the charts.
Downside, band may not get as much ferraris.

Solution: Order 5 from both stores.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2010, 06:04:43 pm »
Yes, the album will be available from the MachinaeShop as well, we're just waiting for new shirt designs to release it so that people can get the chance to order both a shirt and the new album if they want. It will be available from the MachinaeShop no later than October 6th.

You're right, we should provide a list of retailers.

Robbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeerrrrrttttttttt!!! We need a poster restock stat!

My cubicle needs a MaSu poster next to my Modern Warfare 2 poster so they can radiate awesome together.  ;D

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2010, 06:57:02 pm »
All this talk about preorders just makes me curse my unemployed ass. :(
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »
Quote from: OneMetal interview
Quote from: OneMetal
Given the success of the band, is there a temptation (or even a commercial imperative) that could see the band move away from Luleå?
Quote from: Robert Stjärnström
It’s been discussed, but we all have lives here and since we play a lot in Finland, the proximity to the border isn’t really a disadvantage. So, it seems like we’re staying here. For now.

I think I just came a little.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »
Your new album is due for release soon: what themes and influences have been instrumental in your making of this latest album?
Musically, we’ve drawn inspiration from a lot of things, our own older works for one. We’ve looked back and tried to rediscover what made our first few tracks so awesome, and I think we’ve managed to pour a little of that into this latest album.

OMG, I came even more when reading this! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee33333eeeet

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2010, 09:28:44 pm »
Your new album is due for release soon: what themes and influences have been instrumental in your making of this latest album?
Musically, we’ve drawn inspiration from a lot of things, our own older works for one. We’ve looked back and tried to rediscover what made our first few tracks so awesome, and I think we’ve managed to pour a little of that into this latest album.

OMG, I came even more when reading this! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee33333eeeet

I already knew about that ;) the majority of the album is going to be in E tuning. Seems they've been in a pattern of down-tuning every album, some drop D in DXM, drop C in Redeemer and even some drop B in Overworld. I'm so glad they're reversing this trend and returning to their roots.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2010, 09:45:56 pm »
That was a pretty large interview and still seems so down to earth, you see someone singing at a birthday party and be like "hey you wanna be on the album?" lol

And I keep seeing my trinity wallpaper popping up all over the place. even some facebook people have it as their "face" :p

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »
Seems they've been in a pattern of down-tuning every album, some drop D in DXM, drop C in Redeemer and even some drop B in Overworld. I'm so glad they're reversing this trend and returning to their roots.
As far as I know the tunings on Redeemer varied wildly, from E (Seventeen, I think?) down to Rogue World Asylum in A. I don't think there was more down-tuning on Overworld than on Redeemer.

Furthermore, IIRC they used standard tuning in lower pitches, not drop tuning.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2010, 11:24:46 pm »

2.   Force Feedback
This song is the very definition of SID METAL. Rolling kicks, insane ARPing, and a very melodic and epic chorus. This song also features a new female guest-star.

http://www.facebook.com/tovesundstrm

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2010, 11:25:27 pm »
Seems they've been in a pattern of down-tuning every album, some drop D in DXM, drop C in Redeemer and even some drop B in Overworld. I'm so glad they're reversing this trend and returning to their roots.
As far as I know the tunings on Redeemer varied wildly, from E (Seventeen, I think?) down to Rogue World Asylum in A. I don't think there was more down-tuning on Overworld than on Redeemer.

Furthermore, IIRC they used standard tuning in lower pitches, not drop tuning.

That's pretty much what I was going for. I'm just glad the majority if not all of EOTW is going to be in standard tuning and pitch, mimicking their older material :)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2010, 11:26:26 pm »

2.   Force Feedback
This song is the very definition of SID METAL. Rolling kicks, insane ARPing, and a very melodic and epic chorus. This song also features a new female guest-star.

http://www.facebook.com/tovesundstrm

If her voice is anywhere near as good as she looks then Force Feedback will be epicwin.

Offline Shalinar

« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2010, 04:59:18 am »
OK, I need to ask this. Will we be getting any tracks in Rock Band Network? I know there was a post about it months ago, and Dezo said that they want to do RB songs. I would buy any and all tracks MaSu releases, and play the hell out of em. But I imagine they would want to do new album stuff for promoting new material, which I would not complain about at all. Just gimmie some RB MaSu!

...No. In short, I shall tell you what Robert said in an interview with The Gaming Vault:
I went to the RBN site to make an account, and found that it’s is only available to American bands. Go figure.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2010, 05:46:30 am »
OK, I need to ask this. Will we be getting any tracks in Rock Band Network? I know there was a post about it months ago, and Dezo said that they want to do RB songs. I would buy any and all tracks MaSu releases, and play the hell out of em. But I imagine they would want to do new album stuff for promoting new material, which I would not complain about at all. Just gimmie some RB MaSu!

...No. In short, I shall tell you what Robert said in an interview with The Gaming Vault:
I went to the RBN site to make an account, and found that it’s is only available to American bands. Go figure.

I wonder if spinefarm, MaSu and some American Band (HAZ 2 B METUL) had a collaboration in order to make this dream happen...kinda like a Cover version (although it could never be as epic :() but able to be released into the network

Offline Haastrain

• Yes! Yes!
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2010, 08:13:50 am »

This doesn't sound right. I went through the list of Rock Band Network songs. I found many bands outside of the US, both independent and signed, in RBN. One in particular, Amberian Dawn of Spinefarm Records, from Finland has a song called "Lionheart" on the RBN store. Maybe they recently changed their policy, but I don't think it's only available to American bands, unless I am missing something????