Author Topic: Graspop Metal Meeting  (Read 1616 times)

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
Graspop Metal Meeting
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:12:20 am »
Every year there's a festival in Belgium called Graspop Metal Meeting. As usaul, I will be attending this year again. 3 days of metal, 5 days of camping.  8)

Anyone else going?

Checkout the line-up here : http://www.graspop.be/2010/nl/bands.php?tl=nl

I think it's kinda lame we get Aerosmith, KISS and Soulfy as head-liners. Why not Motörhead or Slayer? Slash of Paradise Lost? Who the FUCK knows Soulfloy? And of those, who likes them? I don't like them. None of my friends like them.

Anyway, I'm gonna have fun. See y'all monday.  ^-^

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: Graspop Metal Meeting
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:39:05 am »
I find Soulfly moderately enjoyable.

KISS can go jump off a cliff. And Gene Simmons can get impaled on a branch while falling off and die a slow, painful death.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 12:54:49 pm »
Pretty weak lineup compared to previous years, such as 2007 and 2008. Those lineups were awesome.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:40:30 am »
I only want to see As I Lay Dying and BTBAM, as i'm more into hardcore i'll head out to Groezrock again next year :)

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:02:44 pm »
Pheeew. Five days of drinking beer... seriously, I drive back home and pass my local pub, who do I see? The same club of 10 guys I've been chilling with at the festival. Daamn.

Anyway. Aerosmith was REALLY good. So was Soulfly, which I didn't expect. It was fun and hardcore. Everybody was jumping and shouting, I like. Amon Amarth destroyed their equipment, at 3/4th of their set the sound just stopped. And I smelled burning. :p My Dying Bride was awesome, so was Paradise Lost. Anathema was 'meh-ish', too bad.
Immoral was great.
Hatebreed and Exodus were just DAAAAMN. Really hardcore, really fucking nice.

And well, saw a lot more, saw Bloodbath, their 6th (!) show in 11 (!) years! Mikael was drunk, he could barely stand and talk (singing was good).

Oceans of Sadness played 'Black Nr. 1', the famous Type O Negative Song. It was really, really good.

Killswitch sucked ass, so did Finntroll.

Alestorm was really fun.

And I got a terrible headace.