Author Topic: Losing the virginity  (Read 10240 times)

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
Losing the virginity
« on: April 01, 2010, 01:38:40 am »
I just ordered my first guitar.
It's a brand new Yamaha Pacifica 112 Turbo Nitro Ultra Ninja Deluxe Special LazyTown Heterosexual Edition.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/8/5/2/6/852699/pics/_c700710_image_0.jpg

Looks sexy, doesn't it?
It's a cheapo, paid around 300$ for it, though I'm just learning, so it's a good choice - especially that everything cheaper sounds like shit. Not THE shit, but usual crap kind of shit.

Also: a Kustom Dual 35 DFX - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417B4HGE05L.jpg
A 175$ 30W combo motherfucker. With effects.
And 6 different picks.

Also: forgot to buy teh jack cable, so I'll be heading to the not-so-local music store tomorrow. I've got an old PC with an Audigy 2 card, so I'll definitely try to do some connecting everything to random things magic.

Also: I made my first guitar track using my friends shitty Fender Squier. It's called "underwater world" and it's easily to recreate. Just put on some distortion and rub the strings with a screwdriver. Sounds just like dolphins!

I'm living in a flat, so I won't play at home. I've got a garage with a secret 4x4 meters room with three chairs, a PC, a 17" old CRT screen, an awesome MIDI controller, a full Rock Band set and a JewBox 360 if I bring it. So there will be definitely some guitar loving magic happening there. Can't wait to lay my hands on this bitch.

And that was my story.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:53:48 am by yasiekk »

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
Re: Losing the virginity
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 02:14:22 am »
Firstly, I love the title.

Secondly, I'm interested in this secret room. Please elaborate.

Thirdly, woo guitars!
See why Massachusetts rocks? We have Slippy <.<

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:22:37 am »
When ze guitar arrives, I will post photoz or even a movie of my le secret HQ.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 03:07:43 am »
A strat? You planning on playing blues? For 300 bucks you could get a lot of other sweet guitars (250E?) such as ibanez or dean!

Grats on the guitar, if you need any help with w/e just make a thread, i got fuck all to do anyway :)

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 11:00:04 am »
Well TBH it was the only good choice for this range and the only guitar that has at least one humbucker and isn't shit. I'm not planning on playing black doom death gore rape metal, so I thought a HSS guitar is a better choice than faggy SSS or satanic HHS. Anyway, nothing that crazy amounts of distortion can't fix.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 05:41:18 pm »
Fair enough, did you get the cable already?

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 10:36:18 pm »
Yup, two big fat 3m jack-to-jack cables. One if the other sucks. Tomorrow I'll buy some ethernet cable and bring the internetz to my super secret hideout bunker. That will save me from going home every time I want to downloads some tabs or watch some tutorials. I also fixxord the PC there, installed kX ASIO drivers, plugged some old 5.1 Creative speakers, now to download some VST plugins and I pretty much have a small studio ready. I'll get the guitar & teh amp tomorrow, though to do this I had to call teh shop and change the Yamaha's color from faggot red to cool face sunburst. I just want to touch it NAO. To be continued.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:18:39 am »
I own a Kustom 65W amp that I use to play on at home. They make good stuff.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Solaris

• brain -5 to inteligence
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 12:25:35 am »

Kustom is official brand of MaSu forum? Or what? I also own Kustom 65. I do not believe in coincidences.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 02:43:27 pm »
First steps. I quickly figured out how to tune the guitar. That was easy. Then I stared to learn some basic chords and then i realized that my fingers hurt soooo baaad. Lots of training ahead, I'll try to practice at least two hours a day. Maybe a bit less before my fingers harden.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 12:13:49 pm »

Kustom is official brand of MaSu forum? Or what? I also own Kustom 65. I do not believe in coincidences.
PEAVEY IS THE ONLY WAY TO SHRED
/ragemode

Ah yeah, the fingers and blisters, i remember that, haven't had problems for about three years now with that, even though there is no dead skin on my fingers, i guess the skin developed a resistance against it now..

also new track up here :  www.soundclick.com/jacklupino - Song5mix2 :D

Offline Solaris

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 01:27:13 am »
PEAVEY IS THE ONLY WAY TO SHRED
/ragemode
CAPS-LOCK COUNTER ATTACK CRITICAL COMBO HIT!

EXPERTS HAVE ALREADY PROVED (proven - pardon my english) THAT ON PEAVEY YOU CAN DO ONLY A MEDICORE SHRED. IT'S 45,4% LESS WIN THAN KUSTOM. ESPECIALLY KUSTOM QUAD 65 DFX WIELDED BY ANGRY PEOPLE. ESPECIALLY ME*

*research sponsored by SolarisP
/ragemode
Something is wrong with my fingers... They are made of metal and (nanowar of) steel. Mayby it's because i used to put my fingers into electric sockets during my childhood and i'm becoming a superhero like a spiderman?

But the point is that my fingers are almost senseless.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 11:59:05 am »
try tweaking up the sensivity setting in control panel

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 06:57:15 pm »
You have bested me for the last time Solaris!
Now hear for yourself :

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8958958

Offline Solaris

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 12:22:55 am »
You have bested me for the last time Solaris!
Now hear for yourself :

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8958958

It sounds amazing, but it's not a matter of your Peavey, but your skills. And good microphone. You have to believe in yourself young padawan.  ;)

I can be  envious of your skills (you're just 5 star guitarst, while i stuck somewhere between 3 and 4), and microphone (i have 3$ shit, that almost everytime completly ruins my work), but my amp will never be pwn3d by someone who is 1000 km away from me.

Also question @yasiekk:

Can i use your hideout bunker when nuclear holocausts, space impacts, black holes, terrible diseases and other stuff will happen? (if chances for armageddon are >0 and time is unlimited - because time will end after armageddon - chances for armageddon are = 1)