Author Topic: Still alive?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Still alive?
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:44:19 pm »
Hello there! I know that I've not been that active here lately. At december I met wonderful woman and I fell in love with her madly. We've been together since then. I've been working and my life's been pretty hectic, I've tried to balance out working, being father, trying to maintain my friends and ofcourse living the romance of my life. It's been really wonderful and I've never been happier. Unfortunately I've not been able to write that much or stay online. I feel fine and I'm healthy like all my beloved ones. That's strange since today tanker truck FUBARed my car when I was still inside with my GF and my son. Images of what happened are still pretty confused in my head, car spinned quite many times and although everything happened in seconds it felt like really long time. I remember how I thought that I'm going to die when those tires rolled by and I feared that we got sucked in, under the truck. Sound of metal screaming and tearing, sound of my GF and me screaming, kid crying... Parts of car flying around in air and spreading across the road... Then everything stopped. I looked around and saw that I'm ok, my GF is ok and my kid is ok. I felt really thankful and happy... Yeah I lost my car but I'm alive. Still alive. Nobody got hurt. Nobody. Well, I got bruise in my shoulder about size of fist (truck hitted my door when it came to our side of road) but it feels insignificant. I've never feared that much - for my own life and for the lifes of my beloved ones. I'm happy that nothing happened to us... Really happy... This was not first time I ended up in situation where death went by from close distance but this is byfar the most closest one. I still don't understand how in hell we all are alive and healthy... It's miracle :)

Anyone else experienced similar stuff?
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Smeagol

Re: Still alive?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:55:23 pm »
I went psychotic and tried to kill myself over 14 times in one night. I guess that's sort of the same thing.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:46:05 pm »
It is.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:57:39 pm »
Holy shit. Good to know you're all right.  :o

(that goes for both of you... for differing values of "all right")
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:08:05 pm »
Never experienced anything like that yet, the closest I've been is just avoiding grievous body harm. Usually while being around heavy machinery.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:22:09 pm »
Never experienced anything like that yet, the closest I've been is just avoiding grievous body harm. Usually while being around heavy machinery.

So not Cruelty to Animals, Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given Them A Good Thumping But Secretly No Alcohol Lager, or Really Cool People then?
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:49:20 pm »

So not Cruelty to Animals, Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given Them A Good Thumping But Secretly No Alcohol Lager, or Really Cool People then?

Alas, no.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 02:00:20 pm »
* WereVolvo cattleprods gaijin just because.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 02:47:08 pm »
Why those things are on sale now?

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 01:07:35 pm »
Sorta. I once managed to drive off the road in maybe 70-80 km/h. Luckily, there was a good meter of snow all around the road, and no trees in our path. No injuries to me or my passenger, and after a track vehicle was so nice as to drag my car out of the snow, I just drove on...the car didn't have a scratch.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic