Author Topic: LD-101  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Sleepy

LD-101
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:09:10 pm »
Lucid Dreaming. Not Learning Disabled as your primary instinct may have led you to suspect.

being said; if you have an interest in the aforementioned topic, but are having a hard time doing so. this is aimed at you.

when i was trying to figure this one out i was sleeping every 5-6 hour interval. obviously it was something i really wanted to be able to do.  its fairly simple on paper, but takes a bit of time to get the hang of. the way that's worked for me consistently anyway.
1) the more comfortable the better. silent rooms seem to be easiest.
2) seed a cue. think about something you want to see in your dream. objects, buildings, places, ect for a while. try to narrate you thoughts in you head; it seems to help.
3) once you realize your mind has been rambling on for a while now; stop thinking. keep you mind as still as possible.
a.  laying on your back seems to yield the best results.
4) you now want to start concentrating on your sense of hearing. when a room is silent i hear a high pitched ringing frequency, probably from acute hearing damage. its really faint, but that constant steady tone and the need to actually concentrate on it to hear it helps me keep from thinking. if something other than auditory is easier, then by all means try it.
5) after a while you should enter hypnagogia. you'll feel it when you enter. its hard to describe the sensation, but you'll notice something different. from here you can play with your senses a bit. this is usually the state meditating aims to get you to.
6) if you keep from getting distracted; after a while you'll get to the point of this, and the part that actually enables you to lucid dream. our goal this far has been to keep yourself conscious to the point at which you enter REM. you will with 100% certainty notice when this happens. i'll warn you in advance: the first few times it will scare the shit out of it. your job is just to go with it, and not freak the fuck out. you might laugh now, but its important to know that you're not dieing when this happens. because that is really what this feels like.
7) remember that cue from earlier? you should become lucid to this seemingly right after entering REM.

i've been doing this for a while now and go lucid every time i can make it to REM. i'll only make it to that point. . .say, 70% or so. it feels like being condensed down into a single point, and if you freak out and try to wake yourself up you're just going to freak out more. because right at that point is when sleep paralysis sets in. so you'll be trying to wake yourself back up only to realize that you cant move. after trying to move a few times you'll get control back. i don't always get it, but sometimes there is also a horrible grinding noise. you don't really have to worry about that either. it just makes things harder when it happens.

that about sums it up i think. not sure how many will find this of use. if you attempt it let me know how it goes.
*static*

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Re: LD-101
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:35:50 am »
Lucid dreams are interesting and quite fun... My only problem is that sometimes when I'm there, falling asleep and already dreaming, it happens when there are people present. Once in the middle of party. I try to stay awake but I'm partly sleeping, falling deeper and deeper. Worst thing is that I usually talk while being in that state. My girlfriend likes to listen my random ramblings very much, she laughs aloud every time. Too bad I can't remember everytime everything I said but I can remember visions very clearly. It's strange feeling ; I have control over what I think of (visions) but absolutely no control what I say.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »
Cool. We have our very own Sleep Talkin' Man!
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Sleepy

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:30:01 am »
a friend of mine would do that all of the time. if she was in deep enough she would actually get up and walk around; acting out some portions of her dreams. it was really bizarre. i quickly found out that by simply talking to her i was able to influence her dreams. i've also had a few conversations with her while she was asleep. in retrospect i wish it would have dawned on me at the time to mine her for further insight as to the functionality of dreams. i knew her well before this was a major interest in my life, and we've fallen very far out of touch. . . hmm, still i might say hi just to see if i'm prematurely ruling out a possible option. haha, the idea of saying hi to someone i haven't talked to in years for the express purpose of getting them to pass out on my couch so i can play with their perception and pull information from their dreams, well, sounds about as fucked as it actually is.

damnit. i know i shouldn't want to do this, but it sounds so promising. i guess i'll figure that one out if she gets back to me. who knows? maybe she'll agree to it.
*static*

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:29:14 am »
Tell her that you were enticing.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:59:18 pm »
Bah! Many great discoveries have come out of the exploitation of unknowing others. Informed consent? Wishy-washy bullshit... ;D
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 02:32:31 pm »
I masturbate too much to be able to dream.

Offline Sleepy

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »
I masturbate too much to be able to dream.
beatin' your shit like a red headed step child won't outright keep you from dreaming. it just makes it much more difficult.
*static*