Author Topic: This will drive me nuts  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
This will drive me nuts
« on: February 10, 2010, 08:17:18 am »
Ok so, I have this friend, who recently felt the need for some nostalgia and started looking up Archie's Weird Mysteries episodes on youtube, now I was saying that the woman in the intro music who sings "weird" would get really annoying, butt they are saying that there is no woman singer in the intro, now I can swear that has to be a woman singing that segment, some guys may with some freak accident be able to achieve that sound, but for some reason my ears register that as an indistinguishable woman's voice....

http://www.youtube.com/user/AWMEPS#p/search/0/Z0_rEvSFKk4

Listen for yourself and tell me if you think it's a man or woman

Note: To clarify, it is the part throughout the beginning of the intro where "weird" is sung after "archie's" then followed by a synthetic sounding "mysteries"

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: This will drive me nuts
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:30:31 pm »
I think its a tuning fork or sth ;/

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 03:21:34 am »
I think its a tuning fork or sth ;/

for some reason to me it wounds like some opera singer singing the word "weird" gha! I am destined to try and prove this person wrong!

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:51:40 pm »
I think it sounds like a woman as well.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:43:33 pm »

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 05:31:07 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gDUzL2mLQ not related
WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK

Back to topic. I believe that sound is computer-generated, you know, 1 on those weird alien sounds. You can easily find it in movie making programs or movie sounds on the internet.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 02:33:02 am »
People hear different things and sounds are different at different decibels (or something, I don't understand sound mechanics).

Years ago, I was listening to a song by Janne Da Arc (Japanese band) called Stranger. At the end of the chorus I hear a very quiet voice whisper, "3, 2, 1". I told Spunky about this. But when he listened he said the voice whispered "Stranger" and even another friend confirmed this. But try as I might I could only hear "3, 2, 1". It turned into an argument cos he thought I was just being difficult, but it was honestly what I was hearing.

Then, a couple years later, I got a new mp3 player. Listened to that song one day, and very clearly heard "Stranger".

Now, could it have been my mindset, or was it (as I believe) a difference in the settings of the player/speakers?

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 04:00:49 am »
People hear different things and sounds are different at different decibels (or something, I don't understand sound mechanics).

Years ago, I was listening to a song by Janne Da Arc (Japanese band) called Stranger. At the end of the chorus I hear a very quiet voice whisper, "3, 2, 1". I told Spunky about this. But when he listened he said the voice whispered "Stranger" and even another friend confirmed this. But try as I might I could only hear "3, 2, 1". It turned into an argument cos he thought I was just being difficult, but it was honestly what I was hearing.

Then, a couple years later, I got a new mp3 player. Listened to that song one day, and very clearly heard "Stranger".

Now, could it have been my mindset, or was it (as I believe) a difference in the settings of the player/speakers?

The word you hear isn't in question....the series is called "Archie's Weird Mysteries" and the chorus sings "Archie's Weird Mysteries"

So it is not a matter of what is being heard, but the tone your hearing it.

Does it sound like a man? a woman? a synthetic computer generated sound? regardless of that, it is still always going to be "weird" that is being sung.

So what does it sound like it is being sung by? I still think it is a woman.

Offline Korru

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 01:36:04 pm »
Definately a man + artificial sounds on the whole clip, no woman anywhere.
The physical body exists at a less evolved plane only to verify one's existence in the universe.