Author Topic: Bearfoot  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
Bearfoot
« on: April 21, 2004, 09:03:42 am »
Well, as I posted in the 'i'm not dead yet" forum, my RL is taken a turn something for the worse.

I figure I owe you guys a update.

My grandmother, who is 79 years old, has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  This is somewhat good news, as Ovarian cancer isn't as agressive as other cancers.

This is the good news.

The bad news is that without cemo, and she says she doesn't wish to seek cemo, the doctors give her around six months to live.  

With cemo, that might be a year.

Either way you slice it, that means that my grandmother is probably not going to be around in my life much more.

And again, though I care deeply for each and every one of you nutcases, my online life seems to pale in comparison to this.

I hope you undersand.  And I do hope that you'll join me in praying that things are quick and merciful when they do come.

If anyone needs to e-mail me, try Bearfoot_2@hotmail.com  I'm more likely to respond to that than I am on the forum posts.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

chompy

Re:Bearfoot
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 08:55:15 am »
Where is Gravehill and Sobella when you need them, they are great at this sort of stuff. I don't know what to say, there is always a place here.

I hope you undersand.  And I do hope that you'll join me in praying that things are quick and merciful when they do come.
Ill do my best remember.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 08:30:23 pm »
yeh seems like hardly any of the old skool forum members have been around lately

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 11:19:39 am »
I'm sorry for your grandmother, Bearfoot. I really understand what you're going through since my grandmother died last summer and it was quite hard experience for me. Luckily you can be with your grandmother and I suggest that you use that time well. My grandmother died quite sudden and I felt sorry 'cause there was so much that I left to say to her and ask (about her life, history etc...). Just in that morning I was talking with my wife that we ought to go there and two hours later there was call that she is dead. Guess we never did that visit, then. It was hard experience but I learnt something from that, too. That sometimes it is too late, and I was.

So, there really are many things that are more important than this forum. Just take your time and when you feel it return here since your funny and very deep thought guy and we are waiting for you.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

MDX

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 11:44:10 am »
I too know what you're going through man, hopefully you'll read these comments before you leave. But you have alota support here in the Machinae Supremacy forum, if not from many people then at least in excess amounts from me, chompy and Gravehill, visionthing too.. im sure alot of other people have shown their sympathies aswell.

Gravehill is right, as usual =) Time is very prescious, make her next 6 months the best 6 months with her, ever. When she passes on, you should be able to look back and be happy that you made her remaining months great times, and enjoyed your time with her aswell.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Dunno who said that, but makes sense.

You have my prayers buddy, later days.

-
MDX
--|.-

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 06:45:02 pm »
Didn't I reply to this already???

Well, I only have one grandmother left, I have no memory of my mothers parents, and we lost mothers father when I was very young so I can hardly remember him either.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Fullyard

• Don't mess with Fullyard!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 06:56:18 pm »
I feel with you ! To know that you will loose a person soon, is a bad feeling and i will include your grandma in my prayers.

I wish you the best in that case and painless, beautiful times for your grandmother as long as possible !!

MDX

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 08:43:09 pm »
What a guy, fullyard ill make a point of praying for your gramma even tho im not a big church goer, i still have some sort of faith.. i pray to the stars more than anything, so yeah..

Star prayers, comin both your ways.

*another applaud for fullyard*

-
MDX
--|.-

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 01:11:30 am »
although i dont believe in much of anything, positive thought for everyones loved ones...i got no grandparents of my own so might as well focus my good feelings on other peoples!

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 01:00:45 pm »
Heh, there's nothing wrong with my grandma, she's got her knees fixed and is still going strong, maybe she'll outlive my parents even!

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Smeagol

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 07:34:40 pm »
yeah bearfoot has my sympathies.... my grandad died when i was 6 and i never met my other one....though i believe the irish wake is the best way of seeing a loved one depart, instead of mourning that they're gone you celebrate all the good things and the fact that they've gone to a better place(or if you don't belive in that just stick with the first point) so really what i'm saying is just enjoy your time with your nan for as long as you can and when she departs at least you can say you tried to make it as painless as possible...though cancer is a horrible way to go, it's best if it is just a sudden going eg. stroke (how my grandad went) because at least you don't have to see them detiorate before your eyes and seeing your nan die must be a painful experience