Author Topic: Zelda Reorchestrated  (Read 1346 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Zelda Reorchestrated
« on: January 04, 2010, 10:45:07 pm »
http://www.zreomusic.com/

Quote from: Website
ZREO stands for Zelda Reorchestrated. It is our goal to transcribe the musical masterpieces that you have heard in the greatest video game series ever created: The Legend of Zelda! Our goal is to give each and every song from The Legend of Zelda series a realistic and atmospheric sound with the quality that you would expect from such film composers as John Williams, Howard Shore, and James Horner.

We don’t look to seek profit or fame. This is merely our own form of artistic expression that stems from The Legend of Zelda. If it weren’t for Zelda, ZREO wouldn’t exist. So we are grateful to have such a legendary video game series that can pull so much inspiration out of us.

A lot of the songs have live instruments, and the ones that don't fill them in with synth that is better than that used in the original soundtrack (which, despite the musical genius present, was pretty bad).

I don't know how long this has been around for, so if I'm late to the party, forgive me. :P I think it's pretty awesome, though. I'm listening to the reorchestrated Ocarina of Time soundtrack right now.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Zelda Reorchestrated
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 02:52:12 am »
How awesome is this then!!!!

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 11:43:11 am »
How awesome is this then!!!!

Powerthirst-awesome.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Casper

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:51:28 am »
Eh, it's alright. Sounds far too fake, mainly 'cause they overdid the "realism" concept. Some renditions of the classic songs completely butcher the originals, too. They're, for the most part, copying the originals note for note, despite the fact that they were composed specifically for the N64 hardware (taking on board limitations of sounds and space). :/