Author Topic: Demon's Souls  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
Demon's Souls
« on: November 03, 2009, 03:11:13 pm »
Brutally difficult and incredibly awesome game.

I've only just started (logged about 6 hours), but I already can't get enough. The game's difficulty is through the roof where, really, any single enemy has the potential to kill you if you aren't careful. The difficulty awakens a determinism in myself I haven't seen since the days of ye old NES games.

I highly recommend it!

I'm playing as the Knight class, for the record.

the game also sports a neat multiplayer system where you can leave messages warning players in other worlds of enemy ambushes, traps, or where you might find hidden treasure. You can also be summoned to another player's world to help them out for awhile or summon someone to yours.

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
Re: Demon's Souls
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:24:47 pm »
While I don't own this or plan to get it, I watched a suitemate play it for a few hours, and can definitely agree with the learning curve thing.
See why Massachusetts rocks? We have Slippy <.<

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Demon's Souls
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:31:51 am »
While I don't own this or plan to get it, I watched a suitemate play it for a few hours, and can definitely agree with the learning curve thing.

yeah, beating an enemy isn't always a matter of just grinding to upgrade your equipment and level up, but a matter of strategy.

an enemy I struggled with and that killed me time and time again I can now beat 9/10 times because I learned how to fight him.

it's a lot of trial and error, but surprisingly not frustrating.

It's definitely not a game for everyone.