Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Irrationalist

Modern Warfare 2
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:26:36 pm »
Who's playing? I was playing MW2 with Harvey for quite some time the other day, so thats atleast one person.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:30:35 pm »
I am playing a bit....but it is a really disappointing game. I have been playing Borderlands way more than MW2

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 12:20:19 am »
FPS is for douchebags

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 12:21:06 am »
FPS is for douchebags

They have a 3rd person gametype for multiplayer...it is the only one i play because it isnt a campfest. And it feels like metal gear solid :P

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 02:03:17 am »
I am playing a bit....but it is a really disappointing game. I have been playing Borderlands way more than MW2

Disappointing how? Just wondering if it's because you're on the PC version or if they're the same problems I'm finding. :P
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:07:47 am »
FPS is for douchebags

They see me trollin', they hatin'
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 03:40:41 am »

Disappointing how? Just wondering if it's because you're on the PC version or if they're the same problems I'm finding. :P

If your playing on a console...imagine the issues you are having, and copy and paste them over to PC...INCLUDING having no server lists, a shitty matchmaking system, multiplayer imbalance, map imbalance, and a short, easy 90% - Frustrating 10% no middle ground and confusing as hell single-player.

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:09:56 am »
I'm playing this on the Xbox live. And I predict I'll be playing for quite a while to come. Curse my online FPS addiction and lack of competition. :<

Spiral out, keep going

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 07:18:38 am »

If your playing on a console...imagine the issues you are having, and copy and paste them over to PC...INCLUDING having no server lists, a shitty matchmaking system, multiplayer imbalance, map imbalance, and a short, easy 90% - Frustrating 10% no middle ground and confusing as hell single-player.

Unfortunately I can't relate to the PC server/matchmaking problems, and I think they still borked the M16 (and made a copy of it with the FAMAS), but the rest of it I'm fine with. I like imbalanced maps because of the challenge they provide, and the singleplayer didn't confuse me at all. It was a little on the short side, but the story was more exciting than a lot of things I've played in recent memory. If it was easy, play it on a different difficulty?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 09:04:08 am »

Unfortunately I can't relate to the PC server/matchmaking problems, and I think they still borked the M16 (and made a copy of it with the FAMAS), but the rest of it I'm fine with. I like imbalanced maps because of the challenge they provide, and the singleplayer didn't confuse me at all. It was a little on the short side, but the story was more exciting than a lot of things I've played in recent memory. If it was easy, play it on a different difficulty?

I never play on anything lower than Hardened, and the single player is exciting and has alot of "o shi-" moments I admit, but it makes no sense...which is what bothers me. Factor in cheats and crappy servers (IWnet) the multiplayer has alot of fun moments and alot to work towards...but I find myself angered in more matches than actually enjoying myself :/ (i am lvl 52 atm, but the annoyance level never decreases)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 03:39:43 pm »
For war shooters i'm GRAW2 all the motherhumpin' way

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 10:28:36 pm »
Aight, so i gave this game a go (started with COD4- that singleplayer is wtf awesome) now on SP MF2, and it's indeed fucking confusing, i hold my own by looking around a lot and the enemies look a LOT like my own team from distances, i play on Veteran(1 from hardest) and yeah you'll get creamed VERY easy if you're not careful. But it's cool, it's a challenge and if you just die enough and restart you'll know where the enemies come from :)