Author Topic: X360 display resolution  (Read 5946 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: X360 display resolution
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 06:04:51 pm »
I tried these setups:

360 -> VGA Cable -> CRT - displayed VGA resolutions
360 -> VGA Cable -> LCD monitor - displayed VGA resolutions
360 -> VGA Cable -> HDTV - displayed VGA resolutions
360 -> HDMI Cable -> HDTV - displayed TV resolutions, after some time it started to display VGA resolutions
360 -> HDMI Cable -> HDMI to DVI adapter -> Full HD LCD monitor - dislplays VGA resolutions

So it doesn't really depend on the cable. I guess it would be best to try buying a HDMI to DVI adapter and connecting it to your monitor's DVI port.

That looks promising. Plus, since HDMI and DVI are the same type of connection (and all digital), you won't be losing any quality.

I vote for the DVI adapter, too.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 10:10:07 pm »
they are not so easy to find though. I am kind of limited to where I can travel right now (alot of snow/blizzard action this week) and I only have an EBgames and a Walmart nearby, and unless Walmart carries those cables in the TV section of their store rather than gaming, then I doubt they would have it (their gaming cable section is aweful)

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 10:42:08 pm »
Ask your friends, I've got mine from a dude who bought a new GPU and had VGA -> DVI and HDMI -> DVI adapters bundled. They can easily be found online, they'll cost you like 2$ at worst.

BTW. It's not a cable, it's a small adapter. Like this: http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/hdmi-to-dvi.jpg