Author Topic: Affiliate program please  (Read 5893 times)

Offline seahen

• Life User Blog
Re: Affiliate program please
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 02:31:50 am »
I see MaSu doing pretty well without your "work". Their music gets promoted by people who love it and like to spread the word. They do not have to buy reviews from "semi-professional" bloggers.

Affiliate merchants aren't "buying reviews". You're thinking of pay-per-post. What they're buying are customers, and they only pay marketers who actually deliver sales.

Offline seahen

• Life User Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 02:40:07 am »
If you really need the money, get a job. If you really write that well and are good at web design (as the title of you blog suggests), then someone might want to pay you regularly to do your stuff!
Not always possible, especially when you're a student in a recession.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 02:52:52 am »
well, the stance seems the same, and you probably wont get anything out of this. You could probably be using your time better than this.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 08:13:13 am »
masu was big even before there was any bloggers out there. and random bloggers writing reviews? eh most of the reviews has been from webzines or music sites or magazines so i wouldnt say bloggers... Also about the gigs well last tour the boys had 3 sold out venues and 2 where very full also and that was done mainly by spreading the word in internet communities I didn't see any blog about machinae supremacy coming to finland. So why they should give money for free some half ass blogger whos blog is so horrible looking that you cant even read it.

Offline Kernel

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 10:25:56 am »
If you really need the money, get a job. If you really write that well and are good at web design (as the title of you blog suggests), then someone might want to pay you regularly to do your stuff!
Notice the "if..." clause?

Offline seahen

• Life User Blog
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 11:10:06 am »
Notice the "if..." clause?
The problem isn't either of the two ifs. It's the "might."

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 08:57:57 pm »
Honestly, I don't even get why this is a debate.

There is no affiliate program. I doubt there will be one within the immediate future. If you think you write well enough for people to pay for it, take it up with a newspaper, magazine or publisher. My money is on that they'll laugh you out of the bloody building. You can spell and keep somewhat proper grammar, but you have about four lifetimes before you reach any kind of level that I'd pay for.

Honestly, if you want to make your living by askin' for handouts - go outside and harass people around you. This ain't the proper forum for begging.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 12:16:44 am »
Amen.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 01:15:59 am »

There is no affiliate program. I doubt there will be one within the immediate future. If you think you write well enough for people to pay for it, take it up with a newspaper, magazine or publisher. My money is on that they'll laugh you out of the bloody building. You can spell and keep somewhat proper grammar, but you have about four lifetimes before you reach any kind of level that I'd pay for.

Honestly, if you want to make your living by askin' for handouts - go outside and harass people around you. This ain't the proper forum for begging.

That's the problem with bloggers, blaggers, bluggers and other members of the blagoblag: they think they invited the concept of "spreading the word on the 'net".
When the first word about MaSu spread through IRC and P2P channels, the term "blog" wasn't even coined yet (and the format, online journals, has been around as long as this whole series of tubes).

Edit: Why am I even posting this? I have beer for God's sake!
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 05:33:25 pm »

That's the problem with bloggers, blaggers, bluggers and other members of the blagoblag: they think they invited the concept of "spreading the word on the 'net".
When the first word about MaSu spread through IRC and P2P channels, the term "blog" wasn't even coined yet (and the format, online journals, has been around as long as this whole series of tubes).

Edit: Why am I even posting this? I have beer for God's sake!

What he said. Also, what gaijin said.

I have yet to see any input from the band on this. I take this as a sign that they are not interested. Therefooooore.......

* WereVolvo pilfers MDX's old thread locker, aims and fires, accidentally grazing gaijin's butt
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 12:33:25 am »
The dezo says: *uh* you want cash from us? gtfo. We are not Amazon.com and we desperately need every last dime we can get atm.

Gordon should be the one to comment on this since he's the cash-mastermind/evul-dictator/awesome-financeguy =)

So like if we did get 10k hits a day on the shop and if we get some heavy marketing in the US with an American distributor/manufacturer of the merch, then mebbe it's time for some Affiliate program.
A blog that gets 0 comments on most of the posts are not even remotely a good place to start such a thing, regardless of the actual quality of the posts which imo are high enough.

It's not that I don't care for this, we are just to small for something like this to be realized atm.
Pay-for-linkage sux!!!

Offline dezo

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 12:42:13 am »
I'll unlock this topic for a day do if you want anything said about what I wrote, keep it simple because I will not be able to discuss this since I'm working my ass of atm.
This topic will not derail.

Offline dezo

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 07:00:42 pm »
Then, lockage since no one wanted to comment.